• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Max - Aiyima's new TPA3255 amplifier with mono/stereo output

staticV3

Master Contributor
From Aliexpress:

AIYIMA A07 MAX TPA3255 Audio Power Amplifier 2.0 Stereo Amplify 300Wx2 PBTL Mono Sound Amplifier 600W​

Looks like the promised upgrade to the 50V caps has reached the market, if we interpret the 2.0 as the upgrade!
2.0 as in Stereo. Not as in Version 2.0

khuntim

48K showing on DAC is for input, I guess you were playing a video? Movies audio is normally @48k.

48k for power amplifier is incorrect term, Fosi must have meant 48v psu support.

Playing music from several sources. RS6 DAP line-out and DAC, no video. Fosi replied and said V3 would do 44.1khz, so they were referring to bitrate. once again, different amp, haven't heard back from Aiyima yet.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Playing music from several sources. RS6 DAP line-out and DAC, no video. Fosi replied and said V3 would do 44.1khz, so they were referring to bitrate. once again, different amp, haven't heard back from Aiyima yet.
Thanks, it might just be the case that I am not getting the prospect right.
Power amplifiers would normally be rated from 20 Hz to 20KHz because of limit of human hearing. However, a vendor can specify more than 20KHz, like 44.1 or 48KHz, but it doesn’t mean anything useful IMO.

44.1Khz is audio sampling rate for CD, digital audio.
48KHz is audio sampling rate commonly used for video/movie content, digital audio.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

IMG_1447.jpeg
Thanks, it might just be the case that I am not getting the prospect right.
Power amplifiers would normally be rated from 20 Hz to 20KHz because of limit of human hearing. However, a vendor can specify more than 20KHz, like 44.1 or 48KHz, but it doesn’t mean anything useful IMO.

44.1Khz is audio sampling rate for CD, digital audio.
48KHz is audio sampling rate commonly used for video/movie content, digital audio.

From Fosi’s website:

IMG_1447.jpeg

MCH

Major Contributor
guys, the Aiyima is working better than expected with my sub, i have yet to fire the UMIK and see what is going on, and redo the DIRAC filters, but if there is no surprise, i might get a second one for my second sub.

Now, to reduce the clutter, i was thinking on getting one single 48V 7 to 12 Amp power supply to power both Aiyimas simultaneously. What do you guys think? is there something that makes a single PSU for two aiyimas not a good idea?

I was thinking on this (48V 10.5A on/off trigger with 3.3V. But it has a fan :-( the fan has variable speed though, maybe it is not that bad:

or this (only 7.3 A but not sure if thats a big issue as all these can provide 2x that peak power and uses < 1W when idle). No remote control though:

or something with passive cooling like this (48V 7A), but seems it needs an additiona heatsink:

Last edited:

Meloman

Guys, I think the Aiyima PSU for 48V 5A doesn't have that power in amperage, its have the same size as my old 32V5A PSU. I tried to measure the amperage on it, but it was unsuccessful.

bramsat

Point is the Aiyima A07 original for me is the best sounding classD amp with the original 5532 and the 32v5A i don't need plenty watts...and i'm also owner of the MAX, and of the
classD brzhifi XLR https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.47.376079d2PxaMIk&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld and this amp sounds verry good with the opa 1656 only on XLR....but the champ for me is older A07.....The speakers are the wharfedale daimond 10.7,the klipsch RB80/2 and the philips AH 494.....The chinese clas D amps are super amps! I can not understand the problems about the watts....you want 1000 wats for nothing????

Meloman

Point is the Aiyima A07 original for me is the best sounding classD amp with the original 5532 and the 32v5A i don't need plenty watts...and i'm also owner of the MAX, and of the
classD brzhifi XLR https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.47.376079d2PxaMIk&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld and this amp sounds verry good with the opa 1656 only on XLR....but the champ for me is older A07.....The speakers are the wharfedale daimond 10.7,the klipsch RB80/2 and the philips AH 494.....The chinese clas D amps are super amps! I can not understand the problems about the watts....you want 1000 wats for nothing????
Yes I agree with you it's sound good with original JRC 5532 no need change it, it's sound better then Aiyima A07 with OPA 1656.I don't get it free i pay for it, some people say it's sound better with higher voltage.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

no, i meant the 11.11 sales in aliexpress. Just to give an idea of the date it was ordered.
I did not see a way to select 63V caps, i guess they are just the new boards. Previously in this thread someone posted an email from Aiyima in which they claim they will be making new boards with 63V caps. Well, looks like they are already selling them. Maybe @AIYIMA can confirm.

edit: there you go, post 117:
I just got confirmation that all new prod batches of A07 Max are using 63v caps now.

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
20Hz-20kHz is the frequency response, which is the frequency range that can be responded to. The kHz input refers to a digital signal. Digital signals cannot produce sound directly. The digital signal needs to be decoded and converted into an analog signal. The customer refers to the kHz input. The higher the frequency, the better the effect will be. Frequency is the number of samples of the signal per second.

Toku

Major Contributor
I have a proof. It was hard to do without disassemble but i did it)

Attachments​

I have proposed to AYIMA many times to change to a 63V capacitor, but they have completely ignored me.
I can't believe that they suddenly decided to adopt 63V. Isn't this some kind of fake information?
The second A07 Max will arrive from China soon, so I'll check it out.

Last edited:

MCH

Major Contributor
I have proposed to AYIMA many times to change to a 63V capacitor, but they have completely ignored me.
I can't believe that they suddenly decided to adopt 63V. Isn't this some kind of fake information?
The second A07 Max will arrive from China soon, so I'll check it out.
Hey Toku, don't take it personally, might be something lost in translation, but may I ask why you think Meloman or myself might have fabricated fake information?

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Hm, it seems to me that Aiyima is probably well aware of Fosi's successful V3 launch and aware of the value of component choice to make their new products more competitive...but so far, Fosi seems to be far out-marketing them, with both the Fosi website and their outreach activity on audio boards... If Aiyima is upgrading components, they should be adding that to their promo copy. We shouldn't be having to shine lights through holes to find it out!

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
..... If Aiyima is upgrading components, they should be adding that to their promo copy. We shouldn't be having to shine lights through holes to find it out!
Right!

But advertising upgrade components does not mean the internet will believe it. If the social media response mirrors Fosi's with the V3 Op Amps; Aiyima will need to provide receipts proving they are not smaller value caps with 63V silk screened on them ;)

Toku

Major Contributor
Hey Toku, don't take it personally, might be something lost in translation, but may I ask why you think Meloman or myself might have fabricated fake information?
No, there is no deep meaning.
I said that because I couldn't believe that AIYIMA, who had always rejected my proposal so many times, had suddenly changed her mind.
I may have expressed it incorrectly since I'm not familiar with English.

Reactions: MCH

Meloman

Hm, it seems to me that Aiyima is probably well aware of Fosi's successful V3 launch and aware of the value of component choice to make their new products more competitive...but so far, Fosi seems to be far out-marketing them, with both the Fosi website and their outreach activity on audio boards... If Aiyima is upgrading components, they should be adding that to their promo copy. We shouldn't be having to shine lights through holes to find it out!
Very small bolts and very tight screwed, but I could not unscrew the lower ones, so I decided to shine a flashlight and find answer trough the holes)

OP
Guddu

Guddu

No, there is no deep meaning.
I said that because I couldn't believe that AIYIMA, who had always rejected my proposal so many times, had suddenly changed her mind.
I may have expressed it incorrectly since I'm not familiar with English.

I have already mentioned above that I have confirmation from Aiyima that all new A07 Max prod batches have 63v caps.
Practically I would think it would add very little to overall manufacturing cost to considerable value, so makes sense to adopt something which is creating that much noise.
@Toku Aiyima (and Fosi as well) have had other TPA325x successful products with 50v caps, and might have thought this would sail as well.

Topping PA5 II has 50v caps as well, comes with 38v PSU and we (or at lest those who own one) know how it measures and sounds.
While, Topping PA7 has 63v caps, comes with 48v PSU.
***Without any confirmation and proof, I believe PA5 II does not use TPA3255, probably uses TPA3250.

For me after living with A07 Max for more than 1.5 months, A07 Max hair split similar to Topping PAx with original configuration but clean gain is clearly lower than PA5 II.
I don't know if it is because of lower gain or something, A07 Max (which came with 36v PSU) is amazing for what it offers.
I believe Aiyima have realized this as well that it clearly superior performer than their previous A07 variants, and probably they are trying to compensate and capture the audience which are neglecting A07 Max because of 50v vs 63v discussions, irrespective of the fact if it is needed or not.

In US, A07 Max is shipped by Amazon. Once the previous inventory is cleared, the newer ones will have 63v caps.

At the end, I just hope that Aiyima don't mess up anything with this amplifier after incorporating 63v caps.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Very small bolts and very tight screwed, but I could not unscrew the lower ones, so I decided to shine a flashlight and find answer trough the holes)
Yeah, I was thinking of changing out the op-amps, but I did not want to strip out those lower case screws. They were in there extremely tight. I kinds figured that's why you did the hole-peek approach!

I think with Aiyima promoting the op-amp swap capability, those screws are a bit of a problem.

Top Bottom