• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 27.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 345 66.1%

• Total voters

Nutul

sooooo strange ...

SMB v1 is deprecated, and actually its use is discouraged. The fact that some software still allows its use, especially in the audio domain is purely for compatibility with some manufacturers that are not so keen to keep everything up-to-date... I am pretty sure that even Roon still supports it; although its setting may be well hidden... :-D

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For a real LAN (exclusively local, no internet access in any way, no smartphone, tablet, streaming) it's no problem with SMB1.

Nutul

For a real LAN (exclusively local, no internet access in any way, no smartphone, tablet, streaming) it's no problem with SMB1.
Of course not; and maybe this is also another reason it's still out there.

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
HI, would you be able to share the DAC only comparison between the two? Which one do you like more?

I've now running directly from the DMP-A6, it sounds awesome that way too. Couldn't begin to explain any differences compared to when running through the E70 Velvet. If there are differences, they're very subtle.

Salt

Forum Donor
I've now running directly from the DMP-A6, it sounds awesome that way too. Couldn't begin to explain any differences compared to when running through the E70 Velvet. If there are differences, they're very subtle.
Speakers driven via preamp or direct?

multisport4me

None at all when I tried. I had the E70 velvet and returned it. I thought perhaps the AKM DACs would make a difference - it made none at all.

Werther44210

None at all when I tried. I had the E70 velvet and returned it. I thought perhaps the AKM DACs would make a difference - it made none at all.
Hi, read at the end of the test (see link) on the Toping D70 pro, difference with the Velvet or SMSL of comparable level, it is indeed subtle, depending on the style of music, analytical-oriented listener or not, the new AKM chip is closer and closer to those of ESS, he added in his comparison the Chord Mojo. He speaks to perceive the difference requires that the system be very transparent. I continue my reflection.... Thank you for your feedback, I thought there would be more difference....

Adi777

Very transparent - Probably the most magical statement among audiophiles - but when you ask what it is about, there is an awkward silence, or the answer is - hi-end equipment :rolleyes:

Werther44210

Très transparent - Probablement la déclaration la plus magique parmi les audiophiles - mais quand on demande de quoi il s'agit, il y a un silence gênant, ou la réponse est - équipement haut de gamme:rouler des yeux:
A voir, sinon peu de différence je pense....
Very transparent - Probably the most magical statement among audiophiles - but when you ask what it is about, there is an awkward silence, or the answer is - hi-end equipment :rolleyes:
To see, otherwise little difference I think....

Werther44210

A voir, sinon peu de différence je pense....

To see, otherwise little difference I think....
@multisport4me who listened to the two Toppings did not see any real difference, he has a high-end Marantz AV10 AV pre-amp system comparable in two-channel to the brand's best Hi-Fi amps, I tend to listen to the opinion of a user who has an audio system comparable to mine.

steveoat87

I like the ability to play dsf multichannel through the hdmi output. However since this is audio only, if I am using roon on a Mac connected to a Denon x4800, I am unable to see the Roon screen on my lcd tv. There is no way to have a video hdmi and audio only hdmi connection at the same time. Is there any way around this? And is there a better way to play multichannel dsf files through the Denton?

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I was under the impression that the preamp in the DMP-A6 only outputs 2 channel and you need the hdmi connection to get multichannel.

I only need two channels, so that is not a problem I have researched.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Comparison by a buffoon, why do people watch this nonsense.
Look at the measurements.
Keith

AudioScience Enthusiast

@mirror88 I know you don't have an obligation to respond to anyone here and will totally understand if you choose not to or will respond later, but I can't help but to notice there are 2 questions that have been asked by quite a number of members here that you have consistently skipped over while responding to other questions. When you get a chance, could you provide some feedback about them:

1. Will A6 and Master Edition be added to Harmony database?
  2. Is it possible to implement some kind of standby / network trigger mode so the unit doesn't have to be turned off, it will simply go into standby with most functions shut off, but will turn on fully when a stream triggers it?
Thanks in advance! Your participation here is much appreciated.

The comparison between master and standard edition by Hans Beekhuyzen contains measurements as well as a subjective listening impression.
I thought it was a pretty thorough comparison.
the master edition was the better one, but both very good.
even with an external dac the master edition had a little better sound.

Pfffff I am relieved as I have paid the extra dough for the master edition hahaha and I use it mostly with an external dac (topping d90se)

Last edited:

Werther44210

mirror88 mentioned here, Master may improve SINAD 1 or 2 better, an is for those who like blinking.
Suppose so.
Supposed to have brought, according to some (I had asked when buying the DMP), a better outline of the voices and instruments, since the gap is very small, not easy to distinguish, this noise reduction may have brought some same way by analog cables which have better insulation allowing a marginally greater noise reduction I think. I have this in cables, scientifically, I don't know if it can be demonstrated....

Top Bottom