• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Blue Jeans Cable Isolation Transformer Review

Rate this isolation transformer:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 193 95.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am so curious about the six "great" votes for an obviously defective device. Do they work for the company or just enjoy being controversial?
We have a whole thread dedicated to the awesomeness of distortion. But here I suspect pure trollery ;)

Multicore

Major Contributor
I guess you can get by with mechanical product verification and QA if your business is buying known-good connectors and cable and making finished interconnects. Choosing transformers for audio, maybe not. I hope Blue Jeans quickly withdraws or revises the product or explains how the one Amir got is unrepresentative.

Otoh, I'm wondering if transformer saturation might be a marketable design for analog distortion pedals for guitarists. Thomann Music lists 710 Distortion Pedals on their web site. Some of the designs are deliberately weird and weird sounding. So why not?

Reactions: GPJ

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe they should be ejected if they are not on here to be productive
Our mods do a good job, but it's challenging. Some trolls make accounts they don't use for months, for example.

nerdemoji

index.php

thats pretty funny. Also, the 90s influence on this album combined with weaker songwriting compared to their previous two albums makes it not great. :(

nerdemoji

Off topic, but have to say, HELL YEAH, Forbidden are freaking great.
what your favorite album from them?? im torn between twisted into form being great all around and fairly progressive, but forbidden evil has their best songs.

Multicore

Major Contributor
Reactions: GPJ
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Maybe ASR should implement a feature that actually shows the usernames with the associated vote?
I can make the poll public in which case, it will show the aliases. That may however deter legitimate voters who don't want to be challenged on their vote.

We can use this data to assume that about 6% of total is in error.

Why? They produced the product.

Nevertheless I have just emailed them asking for comment. Suggested they comment here, but if I hear from them I will pass along what the reply is.
I see no need to size them up for a coffin for the first failing. If it goes ignored and they continue to offer it then there's reason. Perhaps they'll be interested in fixing it or may discontinue it.

Thanks.

Anthony T

Maybe they should be ejected if they are not on here to be productive
Maybe you should consider the concept of free will, it means you can vote however you wish.
Maybe you’d be more comfortable in North Korea or China, I believe it works the way you prefer over there.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

mc.god

I can make the poll public in which case, it will show the aliases. That may however deter legitimate voters who don't want to be challenged on their vote.

We can use this data to assume that about 6% of total is in error.
I have no problem to admit I'm one them.
This item is so flawed that it has greatness in it's way, so it deserves a Great.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have no problem to admit I'm one them.
This item is so flawed that it has greatness in it's way, so it deserves a Great.
I was wondering if some voted great just because it is so greatly flawed, thanks.

Hart

Maybe you should consider the concept of free will, it means you can vote however you wish.
Maybe you’d be more comfortable in North Korea or China, I believe it works the way you prefer over there.
Sure you can be a troll if you want, but the rest of us have free will to choose to not be trolled. You left out the Cambodian Pol Pot regime. He would be insulted.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
While generally I don't find BJC products particularly attractive, this one does make me scratch my head as to what the goal was.....

Top Bottom