• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

jmtocali

The notes about the new firmware:
Screenshot_20220916-052900~2.png

Music1969

Major Contributor
Gapless Amazon Music UHD is working a charm.

Wow. I'm not sure there's anything left for WiiM to do here.

The rest of Amazon Music improvements needs to come from Amazon themselves (queue management / play now / play next , is a big one)

Congrats to the team @WiiM Support

Please use your Amazon contacts to ask them to add play now / play next / play later / queue management when casting

Pep2020

One thing I'd like to see is the Wiim app downloading all my folders for the Home Music Share. Its odd that as you scroll down alphabetically you have to refresh to move forwards. Would also be good if it had an alphabetic index like the LMS control app I previously used.

Jpdelaney.tml

Hmmm, I have 354 FW, casting from AM does not show any HD/UHD, is it mp3 quality? Says HD or UHD before I cast. Please comment.

morillon

Major Contributor
Hi, please send us a feedback again so we can whitelist your device to July's version. The root cause of this issue is due to the old API we integrated. We're fixing it by updating the latest API. Thank you!
thank you
maybe your support has put me on a whitelist because it seems I will be on a firmware from the end of July 424434
unfortunately it doesn't work.. after a few tracks this delog and starts switching tracks in 128k by extracts of 30 seconds...
it was at the beginning of July that it was stable at home..
it will be said that, and that the old chromecast was already doing it very well, that the wiim will be just for listening to a few radios in icecast 192k aac...and forgot the use of deezer "hifi 44k16bits"....
to be honest.. the cost of the mini was low and what I regret the most is having devoted so much time and energy to it since this spring for such a result.. the wiim team having always seemed reactive and motivated
shame...

Last edited:

Brantome

Major Contributor
Hmmm, I have 354 FW, casting from AM does not show any HD/UHD, is it mp3 quality? Says HD or UHD before I cast. Please comment.
Check that you have HD/UHD enabled under Alexa and Amazon Music settings in the Wimm app - some updates have toggled that off

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Firmware V4.6.429354 includes:
1. Twelve presets instead of the previous six.
2. Required me to reset Qobuz login. They may be using every bit of memory to make the latest changes?
3. Audirvana/Qobuz UPnP playback is broken again in this version. After a few songs the playlist stops and will not continue until the user presses the forward button to start the playlist again. It appears Wiim UPnP loses communication with Audurvana after a song. It keeps playing but Audirvana progress bar stops updating on the next song playing. Eventually, it all falls apart. Going back to RPI4 Moode fixes all problems.

Last edited:

Brantome

Major Contributor
Found it, it’s on:(
Working for me, although a bug I had reported that iirc the release notes said was fixed is that from cold, I have issues with dropouts and audio going completely when I first cast from the amazon music app. I find I need to disconnect from the amazon music app, play something from the Wiim app, then cast and it goes smoothly after that.

Smitty2k1

Anyone try the gapless DLNA playback yet? Won't have time to test for a few days but currently can't do it with my LMS server unless I do a "constant stream" or something where LMS does all the work and just sends the stream to the Wiim. It works fine but the Wiim doesn't get any of the metadata and sometimes things have to be restarted.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Anyone try the gapless DLNA playback yet? Won't have time to test for a few days but currently can't do it with my LMS server unless I do a "constant stream" or something where LMS does all the work and just sends the stream to the Wiim. It works fine but the Wiim doesn't get any of the metadata and sometimes things have to be restarted.
I've made a quick test with LMS. It's much better than before and flow mode is no longer necessary for gapless, but I wouldn't call it perfect gapless. There was no gap but the transition wasn't ideal.

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Yes, the new DLNA or UPnP firmware update is horrible. It loses communication with the player (Audirvana) which stops playing as the data is not communicating properly. It's not standard UPnP code. It's pretty much a hack that only works with the WiiM player. Stick with RPI4 and Moode if you want UPnP that works with all devices. WiiM UPnP code is tested only on their puck and consistently breaks with each upgrade - while offering no firmware rollback capability. :facepalm:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Yes, the new DLNA or UPnP firmware update is horrible. It loses communication with the player (Audirvana) which stops playing as the data is not communicating properly. It's not standard UPnP code. It's pretty much a hack that only works with the WiiM player. Stick with RPI4 and Moode if you want UPnP that works with all devices. WiiM UPnP code is tested only on their puck and consistently breaks with each upgrade - while offering no firmware rollback capability. :facepalm:
You are wrong. WiiM now implements SetNextAVTransportURI which is necessary for gapless playback following UPnP standards.

Smitty2k1

I've made a quick test with LMS. It's much better than before and flow mode is no longer necessary for gapless, but I wouldn't call it perfect gapless. There was no gap but the transition wasn't ideal.
Thanks - flow mode is what I was trying to remember. Glad it's better but bummer to hear it's not "perfect" yet!

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Thanks - flow mode is what I was trying to remember. Glad it's better but bummer to hear it's not "perfect" yet!
My preliminary test was made with mp3 files which are known to be tricky to get gapless playback. It's quite possible we can get perfect gapless when using more suitable formats.

Witterings

Not got it yet, but if it puts DSOTM to bed, never again to be mentioned, it gets my vote ;):D:p

Heretic ... and you know what they used to do with them :):);) ... this site needs more emoji's... where's the rolf with tears from both sides of the eyes.

Have to say I think Floyd are amazing .... but then I have serious musical talent along with incredibly discerning taste :D:D:D:D ..... :eek:

Top Bottom