• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

ccristal

Hi! Is it possible to create a song radio in Amazon Music Unlimited and to store it on the Wiim Mini as a preset? If so, how?
Thank you! :)

Brantome

Major Contributor
Call me crazy folks but the same equipment going between Amazon HD and Qobuz for the same songs...
To me Qobuz sounds better, it's subtle but better

Even at the same bit rates, it just seems like Qobuz sounds deeper... More detailed.
Do they show the same bitrate as well in the WiiM app, not just bit depth and sample rate? Could it be that they’re using different flac compression levels, or might that be reflected in the bitrate shown?

Brantome

Major Contributor
Hi! Is it possible to create a song radio in Amazon Music Unlimited and to store it on the Wiim Mini as a preset? If so, how?
Thank you! :)
Could you explain a bit more what you mean by song radio in this context?

Merifon

Could it be that they’re using different flac compression levels, or might that be reflected in the bitrate shown?
it is not even guaranteed that the various stream service providers do not add a few tweaks with some vst, just to differentiate themselves ...

ccristal

Could you explain a bit more what you mean by song radio in this context?
Hi! You're right, "song radio" is a Spotify term. I mean a random playlist of songs similar to the one I'm listening to. On the Amazon Music app I can do it by playing a song, tapping the three dots menu and selecting "Play Similar Music". Thank you!

Witterings

Fair enough but I don't feel upset when it plays lossy with multiroom, when I walking from the kitchen to toilet and back.

Not sure if anyone does critical listening with multiroom listening?

Would also be a challenge for my Dirac room correction - I need to see if Dirac make "multiroom correction" !
It's about the convenience as much as anything else, I regularly go between single and muliroom and having to go in and change the setting on each device beforehand is a PITA.
I don't have a turntable because I coldn't be bothered getting up, going across the room, finding an album, taking it out of it's sleeve ..... etc. etc. and then having to go through the whole process again after each album.
I've burnt all my music DVD's and store them on a drive for exactly the same reason.

One of the reasons streaming music has become so popular is the sheer convenience of it, the same with using devices like Amazon Dot's / Alexa.
I've 2 set up in the one room, one for playing to the stereo just in that room with the WiiM set as the speaker for music and the other is set up for multiroom with a pair of WiiM's as the speakers for music so I can just use voice commands ... I'm a very light mobile phone / tablet user (can be off for days), it saves me having to find my tablet / phone, make sure it's charged and switch it on waiting for it to start.

I can just ask Alexa to play one of my setlists but if I'm trying to do that to multiroom and the last setting with Amazon / the WiiM was for UHD it won't play.
I spent ages setting up the Dot's combined with a Harmony Hub to switch everything on / off with voice commands for convenience which is then totally defeated.

WiiM have said they're working on something that would automate switching it when using multiroom and I assume would then switch back to UHD when you're not which would be a good compromise because as you say playing multiroom isn't usually critical listening.
That aside though, the way it's promoted there's no mention that UHD isn't available for multiroom and I'm sure 80% of people that bought one never thought it'd be a restriction and you'd have to go and keep changing the settings.

I was using 3 Chromecast Audio's for mutiroom before this and bought the 3 WiiM's for UHD but in essence they don't offer anything for multiroom over and above the CCA's.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Call me crazy folks but the same equipment going between Amazon HD and Qobuz for the same songs...
To me Qobuz sounds better, it's subtle but better.
What hifi? Think tidal is best sounding streaming services and since I have both when listen on same song with same artwork hd on amazon vs hifi on tidal, tidal sounds pleasing to my ear. I listened more on tidal than I do on Amazon.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Hi! You're right, "song radio" is a Spotify term. I mean a random playlist of songs similar to the one I'm listening to. On the Amazon Music app I can do it by playing a song, tapping the three dots menu and selecting "Play Similar Music". Thank you!
I don't believe you can set a preset to do that, but if you started the song via Alexa, you can ask it "Alexa, play more like this" when the track finishes, or ask "Alexa, play songs like Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen". I have my Wiim Mini set up as the preferred speaker for my Alexa living room group, so asking any echo there automatically uses the WiiM Mini

derek13

Upgrade to 429354 happened overnight. Playing DSOTM cast from Amazon Music app or from Alexa echo seems to be gapless

Bamyasi

Not got it yet, but if it puts DSOTM to bed, never again to be mentioned, it gets my vote ;):D:p

Hope the rest of the planned goodies come soon too, particularly tablet mode for iOS…
What's your obsession with DSOTM? Just curious. I am not a big fan either but have no problems using it for testing.

escapist

Album Art not Working
The album art for the music files I have stored on my phone is not showing. When I go to "My Music" and select my phone storage, I see a quick flash of the album covers but then they all disappear and are replaced by a generic image. The files are on an SD card and in internal storage. All the files have embedded art and I have never encountered this issue with any other media player. I have tried clearing the cache, factory resetting the device, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the problem remains.

WiiM Support

Album Art not Working
The album art for the music files I have stored on my phone is not showing. When I go to "My Music" and select my phone storage, I see a quick flash of the album covers but then they all disappear and are replaced by a generic image. The files are on an SD card and in internal storage. All the files have embedded art and I have never encountered this issue with any other media player. I have tried clearing the cache, factory resetting the device, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the problem remains.
Hi, we got your feedback and our engineers are looking at it now. We'll fix it ASAP. Please stay tuned! Thank you.

morillon

Major Contributor
Hi, we got your feedback and our engineers are looking at it now. We'll fix it ASAP. Please stay tuned! Thank you.
and find out why deezer ended up working correctly in July...? for again constantly, since the firmware of the end of August this delogger, for the subscribers and to lose the flac etc....
in the end, it only worked for a few weeks for me, who has had a wiim since the end of February.

without waiting for the new deezer app announced at the end of September...which in no way guarantees that it works...?
why "did it work in july?"

sad

Last edited:

WiiM Support

and find out why deezer ended up working correctly in July...? for again constantly, since the firmware of the end of August this delogger, for the subscribers and to lose the flac etc....
in the end, it only worked for a few weeks for me, who has had a wiim since the end of February.

without waiting for the new deezer app announced at the end of September...which in no way guarantees that it works...?
why "did it work in july?"

sad
Hi, please send us a feedback again so we can whitelist your device to July's version. The root cause of this issue is due to the old API we integrated. We're fixing it by updating the latest API. Thank you!

Top Bottom