• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello Wiim Support can you please give us information what month will wiim pro will be release and type of connection. Thanks!

Owis

How much p/m are people paying for Amazon Music Unlimited? (which gives you the HD tiers) Any way to get a discount or is it included with Prime etc?

Brantome

Major Contributor
How much p/m are people paying for Amazon Music Unlimited? (which gives you the HD tiers) Any way to get a discount or is it included with Prime etc?
Amazon Music Unlimited is a separate subscription service from Amazon Music Prime that you get from being a Prime customer - the latter only contains 2m lossy tracks, compared to the 90m or so lossless 16bit HD and 24bit UHD tracks that Unlimited has.
The lossless Unlimited subscription if 9.99 a month (or 8.99 pm, or 89 p.a. if you’re a Prime customer) and allows you to play one stream on any supported device or group of devices.
The Unlimited family plan which allows up to six streams across one or more accounts is 14.99 (or 149 p.a. if you’re a Prime customer).

MCH

Major Contributor
Amazon Music Unlimited is a separate subscription service from Amazon Music Prime that you get from being a Prime customer - the latter only contains 2m lossy tracks, compared to the 90m or so lossless 16bit HD and 24bit UHD tracks that Unlimited has.
The lossless Unlimited subscription if 9.99 a month (or 8.99 pm, or 89 p.a. if you’re a Prime customer) and allows you to play one stream on any supported device or group of devices.
The Unlimited family plan which allows up to six streams across one or more accounts is 14.99 (or 149 p.a. if you’re a Prime customer).
There is also the music unlimited single device for 4 eur/month where i live. Same titles but no HD.

Brantome

Major Contributor
There is also the music unlimited single device for 4 eur/month where i live. Same titles but no HD.
Yeah, that’s why I didn’t mention it ;) There’s also a student subscription at 4.99 but I’m not sure that’s the lossless service, it might be.
Addendum: plus the single device plan is for a single echo or fire tv device, you couldn’t use it on a WiiM Mini nor the amazon music app on your phone/Pc etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: MCH

MCH

Major Contributor
Yeah, that’s why I didn’t mention it ;) There’s also a student subscription at 4.99 but I’m not sure that’s the lossless service, it might be.
Addendum: plus the single device plan is for a single echo or fire tv device, you couldn’t use it on a WiiM Mini nor the amazon music app on your phone/Pc etc.
Single device must be an echo or fire iirc. No wiim at all i guess.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Unlimited is just 3.99 eur/month in the country where I live.

MCH

Major Contributor
Hi, it's around early Q4, this year. It has the WiFi/Ethernet/BT, Optical in, line-in, 12v trigger, audio output: BT, line , optical, headphone and Coax.
This + dirac at a reasonable price can be a killer device for a stereo system. Looking forward to it.

D

Deleted member 50971

Hi, it's around early Q4, this year. It has the WiFi/Ethernet/BT, Optical in, line-in, 12v trigger, audio output: BT, line , optical, headphone and Coax.
Hello @WiiM Support

Without looking over 3000 posts, what is the pro version? I just bought my Wiim, and was hoping to avoid the upgrade bug for awhile.

Will the regular streamer end up decoding MQA?

I’m using the optical out by the way.

Witterings

It's for full individual and lossless. Family plan is 5.99. Single device is 1.99. Kinda cheap probably but we are poor people.

Where do you live .... just says to me they can offer it at a lower price and still make a profit (or they wouldn't do it) it's just their corporate greed and if you earn money they want as much of it as they can get.

When Amazon 1st started you didn't pay for delivery it was included and your god were there the next day, then your order had to be £20+ to include delivery, then you had to have Prime and it was next day, it now seems Prime is when they feel like it ... in essence your paying for something they don;t fulfil.

That aside hunt around on the site and you can find the same goods often £3/4 cheaper without Prime so in essence they just raise the price to cover the delivery cost whilst also charging you an annual fee so Prime doesn't actually include free dleivery .... it's complete BS.

Must admit whilst it serves a purpose I am an Amazom hater.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Where do you live .... just says to me they can offer it at a lower price and still make a profit (or they wouldn't do it) it's just their corporate greed and if you earn money they want as much of it as they can get.

When Amazon 1st started you didn't pay for delivery it was included and your god were there the next day, then your order had to be £20+ to include delivery, then you had to have Prime and it was next day, it now seems Prime is when they feel like it ... in essence your paying for something they don;t fulfil.

That aside hunt around on the site and you can find the same goods often £3/4 cheaper without Prime so in essence they just raise the price to cover the delivery cost whilst also charging you an annual fee so Prime doesn't actually include free dleivery .... it's complete BS.

Must admit whilst it serves a purpose I am an Amazom hater.
It's in Poland. But I have to mention that all popular music services are offered here for similar price, including Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music and Tidal HiFi. Only Tidal HiFi Plus is twice more expensive.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Hello @WiiM Support

Without looking over 3000 posts, what is the pro version? I just bought my Wiim, and was hoping to avoid the upgrade bug for awhile.

Will the regular streamer end up decoding MQA?

I’m using the optical out by the way.
The WiiM Pro is the next generation of the WiiM Mini - here‘s what WiiM have said in this thread and elsewhere about it:

”The WiiM Pro will arrive later this year at a $149 target price, around early Q4 22.

The hardware of WiiM Pro will be different from Mini. It'll have a quadcore CPU instead of dual core and 512MB DRAM/flash instead of 128MB DRAM/flash compared to the Mini. The application software will be same except for the support of Chromecast audio and additional interfaces. It’ll share the same code base and WiiM Home app as the Mini.

It’ll have WiFi/Ethernet/BT, Optical in, line-in, 12v trigger; BT, line , optical, headphone and Coax output, but no USB audio nor USB storage.

WiiM will also offer a BLE remote control with preset buttons that will work with both the WiiM Mini and the WiiM Pro around Oct.”

Top Bottom