• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Danny Richie, GR Research, doesn't recommend a speaker he can't sell an "upgrade" kit for

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Regarding premium XO components, I really have to wonder why the boutique designers I've talked to don't use them and have claimed they don't do anything except add to the cost? Certainly, they will add them if you ask...
But need?
These are guys, after all, wanting to sell $5000 to $12000 Speakers to discerning clients. Yet Audyn Q4s or Belkin Caps and Sand Cast Resistors are pretty common inside their gear.

Wait, you wouldn't be suggesting that they are doing the old Bait and Switch with measurements using premium components to sell their gear but building them out for sale with the least expensive parts available, are you?

:rolleyes:

delta76

Major Contributor
Regarding premium XO components, I really have to wonder why the boutique designers I've talked to don't use them and have claimed they don't do anything except add to the cost? Certainly, they will add them if you ask...
But need?
These are guys, after all, wanting to sell $5000 to $12000 Speakers to discerning clients. Yet Audyn Q4s or Belkin Caps and Sand Cast Resistors are pretty common inside their gear.

Wait, you wouldn't be suggesting that they are doing the old Bait and Switch with measurements using premium components to sell their gear but building them out for sale with the least expensive parts available, are you?

:rolleyes:
because a good engineer knows what component to use to produce desired results. a very good engineer knows what cheapest component to use without compromising the quality or the longevity

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
because a good engineer knows what component to use to produce desired results. a very good engineer knows what cheapest component to use without compromising the quality or the longevity
;)
Gosh. Next thing you know, people will be saying that expensive speaker cables are pointless too.
:oops:

:p

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I think this boils down to the differences between 'architects' and engineers.

DMill

Forum Donor
I own some Cary gear. The will sell ‘upgraded’ parts in their rigs for a premium cost. I hate that they make claims of audible improvement without any science to support it. But I suppose if their clientele who are constantly tweaking and tube rolling want it. Why not I guess?

Everett T

Forum Donor
An extra 20? Now you’ve completely smeared your midrange. I’ve found an extra 10 will tighten the bass without compromising my Milli Vanilli masters.
I only listen to female vocals so I was under the impression that I had the right number. Hopefully the carbon fiber jacket corrects the issue :facepalm:

raest

only if you quantum tunneled it!
quantum tunneling the carbon jacket can only get you so far. i thought you cared about the quality of audio?! nothing will improve the sound of your speakers like cryo treating your room to -10K, using the purest tachyon interconnects with speaker cables of the purest wave shifted anti-quarks sustainably harvested from the gluten-free multimetaverse

don't be a peasant! think of the audiowave metaparticles entering your ears through prime plasmolysis!

tomtoo

Major Contributor
quantum tunneling the carbon jacket can only get you so far. i thought you cared about the quality of audio?! nothing will improve the sound of your speakers like cryo treating your room to -10K, using the purest tachyon interconnects with speaker cables of the purest wave shifted anti-quarks sustainably harvested from the gluten-free multimetaverse

don't be a peasant! think of the audiowave metaparticles entering your ears through prime plasmolysis!

You should write scifi. Ok a littel bit more science would be good. But that fiction part is great. ;)

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
You should write scifi. Ok a littel bit more science would be good. But that fiction part is great. ;)
To be fair, I launched a privately funded mission to harvest rare non-earth elements from the Oort cloud. This fleet of drone probes is expected to be returning in early 2025. Early analysis indicates I may be able to extrude single crystal speaker cables from an element I am dubbing "chocolate silver." It is 10x more conductive than copper and with proper tuning using some accompanying mega-super-conductors, it would appear that one could actually tune for fudgy (white-dark chocolate) mids, airy highs, AND tight fast bass frequencies like no other conductor has been able to do.
It will not require battery packs, rather small amounts of dust from a 3-billion yr old supernova will provide a unique capability to align and spin the electrons passing through the cables in such a way as they will propel themselves at near-to-light speed.
The added benefit of this alloyed star dust is that the cables will also self elevate in much the same way superconductors do! No more added distortion from cable risers that are touching the ground and still polluting the signal path!
But wait, there's more!!!
Prior to alloying these elements, they are pelletized and fed to a special breed of interstllar pangolypotomus that bare a single horn and are stabled in the Asteroid Belt. The element passes through their digestive tract whole, but the digestive enzymes work on the pellets in a way that eliminates any potential RF or EMF interference.

My partner is finalyzing a facility that will allow us to utilize the heat of re-entry into our atmosphere to actually extrude the product into its final form and ready to be packaged for immediate sale upon touchdown.

This will clearly be a game changer for the audio industry and a boon to the discerning audiophile whose ears have been sorely abused for far, far too long.

Currently, our consumer panel indicates strong demand for such a unique and advanced solution to the woes of audiophilia.

We will begin taking, sometime next year, non-rrefundable deposits of $50 per centimeter. Min order is 150 meters.

:D

Top Bottom