• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Danny Richie, GR Research, doesn't recommend a speaker he can't sell an "upgrade" kit for

Vacceo

Major Contributor
quantum tunneling the carbon jacket can only get you so far. i thought you cared about the quality of audio?! nothing will improve the sound of your speakers like cryo treating your room to -10K, using the purest tachyon interconnects with speaker cables of the purest wave shifted anti-quarks sustainably harvested from the gluten-free multimetaverse

don't be a peasant! think of the audiowave metaparticles entering your ears through prime plasmolysis!
If you can reach negative Kelvin (or make someone think you can), I wonder why you're not richer than Elon Musk.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
To be fair, I launched a privately funded mission to harvest rare non-earth elements from the Oort cloud. This fleet of drone probes is expected to be returning in early 2025. Early analysis indicates I may be able to extrude single crystal speaker cables from an element I am dubbing "chocolate silver." It is 10x more conductive than copper and with proper tuning using some accompanying mega-super-conductors, it would appear that one could actually tune for fudgy (white-dark chocolate) mids, airy highs, AND tight fast bass frequencies like no other conductor has been able to do.
It will not require battery packs, rather small amounts of dust from a 3-billion yr old supernova will provide a unique capability to align and spin the electrons passing through the cables in such a way as they will propel themselves at near-to-light speed.
The added benefit of this alloyed star dust is that the cables will also self elevate in much the same way superconductors do! No more added distortion from cable risers that are touching the ground and still polluting the signal path!
But wait, there's more!!!
Prior to alloying these elements, they are pelletized and fed to a special breed of interstllar pangolypotomus that bare a single horn and are stabled in the Asteroid Belt. The element passes through their digestive tract whole, but the digestive enzymes work on the pellets in a way that eliminates any potential RF or EMF interference.

My partner is finalyzing a facility that will allow us to utilize the heat of re-entry into our atmosphere to actually extrude the product into its final form and ready to be packaged for immediate sale upon touchdown.

This will clearly be a game changer for the audio industry and a boon to the discerning audiophile whose ears have been sorely abused for far, far too long.

Currently, our consumer panel indicates strong demand for such a unique and advanced solution to the woes of audiophilia.

We will begin taking, sometime next year, non-rrefundable deposits of $50 per centimeter. Min order is 150 meters.

:D

You learned you promotion skills promoting desaster area?
Just amazing!

AudioArchitech

Danny Richie, GR Research, doesn't recommend a speaker he can't sell an "upgrade" kit for

I saw a video yesterday where he had the guy from Spatial Audio visit and praised his speakers. no upgrade

AudioArchitech

And a couple of times I have seen a him say he liked the speaker, didn’t change the crossover network and simply offered a parts upgrade kit.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
And a couple of times I have seen a him say he liked the speaker, didn’t change the crossover network and simply offered a parts upgrade kit.
If Danny likes a speaker there's a better the 50% he had a hand in the design. Ie the Usher 718. Wouldn't surprise me if Danny did work for Spatial.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
If Danny likes a speaker there's a better the 50% he had a hand in the design. Ie the Usher 718. Wouldn't surprise me if Danny did work for Spatial.
On the other hand, these are OB designs... and we all know Danny loves open baffles.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That is worse than offering a crossover change. At least with that, he is attempting to flatten the response. Part upgrades have no objective or subjective proof behind them. All of a sudden when it comes to those items, he no longer believes in measurements.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
That is worse than offering a crossover change. At least with that, he is attempting to flatten the response. Part upgrades have no objective or subjective proof behind them. All of a sudden when it comes to those items, he no longer believes in measurements.
Amir, have you ever measured any XO Components? Curious to know as so many people still argue that these Premium Components are significantly improved and whether any measurable differences could be seen between different price points Like Audyn Q4 , Clarity, Mundorf EVO oil, etc.
Similar to cables, I would think, but with the added complexity of them doing their job within spec and whether any distortions are evident in how they handle the signal passing through them...
Thoughts, please?

AudioArchitech

I myself know upgraded crossover parts make a difference. Some friends and family heard it too. Did one speaker at a time, one part at a time. oh no, blasphemy, we used our ears ; ) Not trying to convince you, that sounds impossible, but i know myself from experience.

I used Claritycap CSA, Miflex KPCU bypass caps, Mills resistors, Solen litz air core inductors

I was surprised to hear improvements with the bypass caps too.

Here it comes, placebo… Playing tricks on my mind, blah blah blah

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Well, you went out of your way to not control for it, so yeah, expect that to be noticed when you make dubious claims.

raest

If you can reach negative Kelvin (or make someone think you can), I wonder why you're not richer than Elon Musk.
if cryo cables are better than normal, peasant cables, than -10k cables are of course superior! you're telling me i can't break the laws of physics?! if Audioquest and Nordost can, so can i!

my -10k cables will phase align the electrons going through the transdomain metainducer within every cable, transmorgrifying all the analog music passing through them in an exogenic soup to arrive perfectly aligned at the binding posts. even better if you have ecologically grown tube connectors

not only that, but if you call me within the next 5 minutes, i will include perfect time alignment in those cables! in fact, my -10K cables align time so perfectly, you will never hear what the artist intended, but rather what he thought at the time of the recording! forget what Helmut Walcha and Gustav Leonhardt thought they played! with my cables you'll hear every note Bach himself thought of when writing it!

what?! you thought he wrote everything down?! of course not! where's the liquid, moist, juicy midrange in that organ?! where are the sweet, saccharine, sugary highs full of details?! get my -10K cables and find where all that opulent, tumescent bass JS was thinking about when he was writing the Toccata and Fugue has been hiding!

screw it, if you're one of the first 100 adopters, i'll throw in one of the only gluten-free kitchen knives... in the world! it goes from 0 to 100 julienned carrots per hour in one hour! call now and find out why professional chefs hate me!

i will be soon contacting @ryanosaur to source some biodynamic electrons sourced from only the most ethically bred meteors in the solar system

Kuma

Subjective opinions and feelings abound everywhere. They thankfully hold no water here.

raest

I myself know upgraded crossover parts make a difference. Some friends and family heard it too. Did one speaker at a time, one part at a time. oh no, blasphemy, we used our ears ; ) Not trying to convince you, that sounds impossible, but i know myself from experience.

I used Claritycap CSA, Miflex KPCU bypass caps, Mills resistors, Solen litz air core inductors

i'm trying my hardest to comprehend why would someone on this site try their hardest to defend an obvious and well known snake oil salesman trying to sell obvious snake oil?

i guess the tachyonic compensators in my brain aren't properly aligned to hear the difference in "better" cabling on a crossover? or the plutoparticle intermodulators in my cochlea are just so out of phase that they can't hear the difference between a cheap and expensive inductor with otherwise the exact same electrical properties within an electrical circuit... alien concepts, i know! call the greys from Mars for more anal probes!

if only there were some totally unscientific fora on the interwebs that could validate those insane claims that hold no merit on a website with SCIENCE in its name... or if only there were an instrument, let's call it an UMIK 1 in our totally preposterous and made up scenario here, that could help me validate my claims in like 5 mins for 100$ or less depending on where i live... so that i don't have to rely on my subjective feelings on which side of the bed i got up that particular morning...

damn.. that's sooo difficult! please somebody make a cheap measuring microphone that works on USB with a free measuring software! that would solve sooo many of these impossible to solve problems!

Bleib

Major Contributor

Would they have discovered any difference if you hadn't told them that they were modified?
One of the tricks a salesman used at a hifi-event in Gothenburg 2004 when he was selling electric cables was to tell people how much of a change we could expect us. I shuckled quietly to myself before leaving the room.

In an episode on Penn and Teller BS they test this power of suggestion.
:D

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
61953445.jpg

;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
i will be soon contacting @ryanosaur to source some biodynamic electrons sourced from only the most ethically bred meteors in the solar system
(Between you and me... we aren't being ethical in breeding meteors... we are using maximalized technology from a galaxy far far away which allows us to completely shatter planetary objects to get at the mere ounces of valuable goods. This will be coming online in 2027. We are working, however, to harvest the diamond rain from Neptune, which should start yielding returns far sooner.
Please don't tell anybody.
K, thx.)

raest

(Between you and me... we aren't being ethical in breeding meteors... we are using maximalized technology from a galaxy far far away which allows us to completely shatter planetary objects to get at the mere ounces of valuable goods. This will be coming online in 2027. We are working, however, to harvest the diamond rain from Neptune, which should start yielding returns far sooner.
Please don't tell anybody.
K, thx.)
Ears for the Ear God, Nulls for the Null Throne!

build a death star only after you contact your local Adeptus Mechanicus Auditorum chapter for instructions and guidance. nobody wants to displease the Emperor!

Top Bottom