• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

morillon

Major Contributor
app deezer dont see the wiim...
"flow" "recommandation " "genre" etc work..but not in flac with app wiim for the moment ...
i have "flac hifi" in mode "search" or "charts"

Brantome

Major Contributor
Does Deezer "flow" work in the WiiM app?

This is one of the best features of Deezer.

Would be interesting to test if Deezer Airplay 16/44.1k is bit perfect coming out of the WiiM

In this case, I would use Deezer iOS app and Airplay to WiiM for better features.

I might do a free Deezer trial and test after my WiiM Mini arrives
I’ve only got the free version of Deezer, but I can ask Alexa to play my flow on my echo show and then move it to the WiiM and it plays ok. Don’t know if that route supports lossless though on a full Deezer subscription …

Brantome

Major Contributor
app deezer dont see the wiim...
"flow" "recommandation " "genre" etc work..but not in flac with app wiim for the moment ...
i have "flac hifi" in mode "search" or "charts"
Try enabling the Deezer skill in an amazon/Alexa account and doing it as I suggest above, or use the Alexa app voice interface to ask Deezer to play it on your WiiM

** sorry, misread your post thinking that Flow wasn’t available thru the WiiM app, but it is as you say, just not playing back in Flac. Sounds like a feature request to WiiM to support that

Last edited:

morillon

Major Contributor
i haven t alexa
in alexa setting..i just can select my language..
;-)

morillon

Major Contributor
which is more surprising.
it's that here someone explained that via lms.. he had flac...
but also.. if I don't have in flac , flow, recommendations
, mixes , genres...
but flac is ok in "charts" :-0

Last edited:

morillon

Major Contributor
sorry I do not understand...

the wiim is not offered to me in the deezer application android ( just the chromecast..but not in flac!!!)

if you have a solution.. i will be a taker of course..

;-)

Music1969

Major Contributor
sorry I do not understand...

the wiim is not offered to me in the deezer application( just the chromecast..but not in flac!!!)

if you have a solution.. i will be a taker of course..

;-)
Airplay

I thought we discussed a few pages back already :D

Airplay supports 16/44.1 and Deezer is 100% 16/44.1

But I would need to test if it works lossless from Deezer app

Do you have an iOS device?

morillon

Major Contributor
android
sorry the problem is known.
deezer for the moment has made no effort to allow casting the 44k16bit stream to a chromecast for example.
it's crazy..but ...

thats why i have a wiim..
otherwise a chromecast would have sufficed...
ps
btw... apart from the capacity (a little futile in my opinion) to spend more than 96k...
I find it a bit unfortunate that the hardware does not mark time on the old chromecast of 2015...
jitter in toslink..quality of analog out...

Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
android
sorry the problem is known.
deezer for the moment has made no effort to allow casting the 44k16bit stream to a chromecast for example.
it's crazy..but ...

thats why i have a wiim..
otherwise a chromecast would have sufficed...
I don't have Android but will test Airplay if it is lossless

Deezer app -> Airplay -> WiiM

morillon

Major Contributor
i say
not an iphone...but deezer app for android.
i can use deezer via wiim app to the wiim...

Merifon

I don't have Android but will test Airplay if it is lossless
I have an iPhone 6s also. With recent Fw upgrades, Deezer's airplays show 44 on dac, instead of 48 as before.
So there is no reason why it shouldn't pass the lossless flow. Unluckily I ended my trial time before those enhancements. If I'm not wrong, the label "FLAC" was shown, despite the final airplay post upsampling.
Any test will be appreciated, at the moment I'm stuck with android but in the future I could change back and deezer could strike back, since I liked it's app.

Music1969

Major Contributor
I have an iPhone 6s also. With recent Fw upgrades, Deezer's airplays show 44 on dac, instead of 48 as before.
So there is no reason why it shouldn't pass the lossless flow. Unluckily I ended my trial time before those enhancements. If I'm not wrong, the label "FLAC" was shown, despite the final airplay post upsampling.
Any test will be appreciated, at the moment I'm stuck with android but in the future I could change back and deezer could strike back, since I liked it's app.
No worries I will do a Deezer trial and test and report back in 2 weeks or so

Still waiting for my WiiM Mini to arrive first

morillon

Major Contributor
I will try with the children's iphones.. they also have a hifi flac offer ("family")
;-)

Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
Ok I pulled out my old AIrport Express

Using Deezer Airplay from macOS, routing optical from Airport Express to Mac, then Mac to MQA USB DAC I get MQA light with this album below.

It is on 2L label and 16/44.1

I found the 16/44.1 2L albums using this filter search on Qobuz website:

1654510930094.png

All 2L is MQA on all lossless streaming services and this is 'MQA CD' quality.

1654510888210.png

Next will test from iOS

D

Deleted member 47859

which is more surprising.
it's that here someone explained that via lms.. he had flac...
but also.. if I don't have in flac , flow, recommendations
, mixes , genres...
but flac is ok in "charts" :-0
I was the one mentioning LMS. Yes, my flow is using FLAC there. That and no authorization or player issues are the reason I‘ll stick with LMS for now. WiiM is nice, but too buggy for my use case.

Attachments

• 4552BDFF-0867-4542-A649-739DBBDCFF73.png
    4552BDFF-0867-4542-A649-739DBBDCFF73.png
    735 KB · Views: 55

AKR

Ok I pulled out my old AIrport Express

Using Deezer Airplay from macOS, routing optical from Airport Express to Mac, then Mac to MQA USB DAC I get MQA light with this album below.

It is on 2L label and 16/44.1

I found the 16/44.1 2L albums using this filter search on Qobuz website:

View attachment 211192

All 2L is MQA on all lossless streaming services and this is 'MQA CD' quality.

View attachment 211191

Next will test from iOS
WiiM is using Airplay 2 which apparently throttles audio outbound to AAC 256. If you are using an older Airport Express that uses Airplay 1 the stream is lossless.
But unless Wiim has managed to figure out how to trick the sending device ( IOS or Android) that it’s an Airplay 1 device, lossless will not occur.

morillon

Major Contributor
possible that s?
flac...and vbr...
vbr?
bitperfect?
I know very little about these subjects.

Last edited:
Top Bottom