• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha PX serise power amplifier px3 px5 px8 px10

aaddas

I did not see any review about Yamaha PX power amplifier!! Its class d power amplifier and very similar to class A/B.

Any review or trial made by anyone, please replay about it.

Thx

aaddas

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230101_101624_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230101_101624_Chrome.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 87

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Call me old fashioned, but I don't want no stinkin' "menu" button on my power amps.

1672560418324.png

If it's got a menu, it's got a micro and if it's got a backlit LCD, the micro and a whole lot of "soft" functions, it will ultimately end up in landfill much faster than a power amplifier without all that useless "feature rich functionality and seamless system integration BS"

edit: It even has a "smart configuration wizard"- are you kidding me? And the power output specs? Yamaha, I am shocked. A new low for anyone- a 20mS 1kHz burst :facepalm:

1672560734473.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 48726

Call me old fashioned, but I don't want no stinkin' "menu" button on my power amps.

View attachment 253932

If it's got a menu, it's got a micro and if it's got a backlit LCD, the micro and a whole lot of "soft" functions, it will ultimately end up in landfill much faster than a power amplifier without all that useless "feature rich functionality and seamless system integration BS"
Old fashioned doesn't necessarily have to be a negative term. It only means a preference for older things or things that imitate the old way of doing it and thus not following the trend. I tend to agree. KISS -Keep It Simple Stupid.

OP
A

aaddas

I prefer Yamaha PX8 better than NC500 [if you ignore fan noise] and i hope @amirm to tell us more info about PX.
Very interesting amp.

OP
A

aaddas

Its class D but sound between class D & H.
Klipsch rp6000ii
Quad s2
Topping d30 pro
Belden F1800 XLR
Sommer Epilogue XLR
Gotham GAC 4-1 XLR

Top Bottom