• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha a-s801

Jason ##11

Have a Yamaha a-s801. The protection circuit. Kicked in. Yes had bare wire short. May have had impedance set wrong? Did ALL trouble shooting. No speaker wires hooked up and will not reset. Is there a way to reset it? Also what is the main fuse? Can’t tell if it’s blown because the glass is white and not clear? I’m a master carpenter but need a little guidance with the Yamaha.

Zek

Major Contributor
First, try replacing that fuse with a proper one, without anything connected to the Yamaha.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Hi is the amp doing nothing when tuned on i.e no lights or anything? If so Pop the fuse out of its clip and check if it's blown. If it needs replacing* it will have its rating shown round its metal endcaps.
If the the amp is showing some life signs like lights then it's likey not the fuse blown and may be damage elsewhere in the amp caused by the short (since it was speaker wires touching I'd suspect the output transistors)
*It should also be noted that replacing the fuse may just result in another blown fuse if the amp was damaged the first time.

D

Deleted member 48726

To reset Yamaha A-S1000 (May be the same for the 801):
Turn balance knob fully clockwise
Press mute button and while holding it turn the power on

To read-out the error code:
Turn balance knob fully counter-clockwise
Press mute button and while holding it turn the power on

Top Bottom