• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I use a desktop with JRiver for local playback and WiiM Pro reads it on the network. Works great.

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I plugged my hard drive containing flac files into the internet provider's input hub. Files are accessible via Wiim Home, both for the Mini or the Pro

Kegemusha

The thing is that using the wiim app for Windows, the hard drive is recognized and all files are there.

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
The thing is that using the wiim app for Windows, the hard drive is recognized and all files are there.
Yeah, that’s probably because Windows has native support for smb/CIFS file shares, the WiiM o/s currently doesn’t

juliangst

Does the Wiim mini or pro have significant delay on its analog inputs?

A friend of mine wants an inexpensive speaker setup for the TV and also wants to connect a mic for karaoke.
So I recommended those Swisssonic A305 Erin recently measured which perform pretty well for a 100€ speaker.

The Wiim Pro makes the most sense as the brain of the system because it has analog and digital inputs and also PEQ bands for some room correction.
Would connecting a mic to the analog inputs introduce too much delay for karaoke use?

Smitty2k1

A friend of mine wants an inexpensive speaker setup for the TV and also wants to connect a mic for karaoke.
So I recommended those Swisssonic A305 Erin recently measured which perform pretty well for a 100€ speaker.

The Wiim Pro makes the most sense as the brain of the system because it has analog and digital inputs and also PEQ bands for some room correction.
Would connecting a mic to the analog inputs introduce too much delay for karaoke use?
I'm curious to know too as I'm looking to connect the audio of my TV to my whole home in-ceiling speaker system for the super bowl.

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I get about 47 ms delay between any combination of analog/optical I/O on the current firmware.

Michael

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
FYI

The Audiophonics DAW-S250NC uses a LInkplay module and can be controlled by the WiiM Home app. An owner reports Audiophonics has told him the DAW-S250NC cannot make use of the PEQ feature of WiiM streaming devices

post # 185

Overseas

Major Contributor
Maybe in the same direction: before Wiim Pro I used a Triangle AIO C streamer, now I see that Wiim recognizes the AIO C and I can control it via Wiim app, but the 'device settings' are very limited and do not include GEQ/PEQ.
In Wiim app I set the Triangle device to max volume, as the preamp fixed output option is not anymore available.

nanook

So no AptX HD and no LDAC...
Does this still hold true?

I'm considering the WIIM Pro Plus to replace the LS- Teufel "Connector 2" (better DAC, Bluetooth) because I discovered that it's fun to stream e.g. Youtube Videos from my Laptop and have great sound via a pair of active speakers (the setup would be lean: WIIM Pro Plus + a pair of Genelecs).
(XLR out would be even nicer, but RCA-out and XLR-in with "quasi-symmetrical" wiring usually is perfectly fine)

Since I have made excellent experience with LDAC (w10 with alternative A2DP driver -> SMSL D-6s) with the setup in the other room, I would like to see LDAC capability for the Bluetooth receiver. The alternative A2DP driver is also available for AptX HD, so this would be a fallback.

--> Can someone help me with reliable information on the Bluetooth codecs implemented in the WIIM Pro Plus ?

Last edited:

Multicore

Major Contributor
Airplay from my MacBook isn't working right. Let's say I play a video. There's a button beside the date in the menu bar in the macOS display. In there I can set Sound Output to WiiM Pro 3A3A. But this selection only works after I start the video playing. And if I pause and resume the video, even for a few seconds, there's no sound and I have to switch the Output back to MacBook and then again to WiiM Pro 3A3A and adjust the volume to get it back. This isn't really practical.

Have you had this problem? Have you fixed it? If so, please say how you fixed it?

Airplay from the same MacBook to a Roku does not have the same pathology.

MacBook Air M1 2020 has os rev 14.2.1.
WiiM Pro has 4.8.605650 FW rev built 20240125. It has an Ethernet cable to the WiFi router that the MacBook connects to over WiFi.

nanook

I am afraid just sbc and aac like the wiim pro
Ok, thanks. I thought they might have added LDAC meanwhile.
The alternative A2DP driver seems to support AAC as well now, so this would be an option

Edit: not an option if this performance of AAC holds true:

I did a quick measurement on LDAC yesterday, so I do trust the excellent results I found for LDAC (96kS/s, 24bit, High-Quality):

Last edited:

vert

Forum Donor
Does this still hold true?

I'm considering the WIIM Pro Plus to replace the LS- Teufel "Connector 2" (better DAC, Bluetooth) because I discovered that it's fun to stream e.g. Youtube Videos from my Laptop and have great sound via a pair of active speakers (the setup would be lean: WIIM Pro Plus + a pair of Genelecs).
(XLR out would be even nicer, but RCA-out and XLR-in with "quasi-symmetrical" wiring usually is perfectly fine)

Since I have made excellent experience with LDAC (w10 with alternative A2DP driver -> SMSL D-6s) with the setup in the other room, I would like to see LDAC capability for the Bluetooth receiver. The alternative A2DP driver is also available for AptX HD, so this would be a fallback.

--> Can someone help me with reliable information on the Bluetooth codecs implemented in the WIIM Pro Plus ?
Chromecast is supported by the WIIM devices. Unless I'm missing something from your description, you would also be able to stream over wifi to the WIIM using YouTube's Chromecast function.

morillon

Major Contributor
Chromecast is supported by the WIIM devices. Unless I'm missing something from your description, you would also be able to stream over wifi to the WIIM using YouTube's Chromecast function.
not mini ;-)

nanook

Chromecast .... now you find a bit clueless - never tried this before - must read into this .....
I think you didn't miss anything - this might be the most elegant way to accomplish what I want.
--> Thanks a lot for this completely different idea, thank you for thinking out of the box :)

With my Teufel "Connector 2" I have always clicked the menu away when it proposed to activate Chromcast (this streamer apparently is "Cromecast-ready").
Whatever this means, I will try it out :cool:

Edit:
It's working, but dropouts are so heavy that it's just unusable. This may very likely be a "feature" of the streamer I'm using (Lautsprecher-Teufel "Connector 2"). Maybe there are options to configure Chromecast such that it works properly.
Anyway - I learned something :) and if someone in this community can confirm that Chromecast works flawless with the WIIM Pro, this may still be an option since a better DAC like the WIIM Pro Plus would be favourable.

Last edited:

Overseas

Major Contributor
Moved to Deezer, it is 'casting' to Wiim Pro with no resolution shown on Wiim.
Deezer also seems to have Connect but no option to link to Wiim.
Am I missing anything by casting vs. Connect-ing?

vert

Forum Donor
Chromecast .... now you find a bit clueless - never tried this before - must read into this .....
I think you didn't miss anything - this might be the most elegant way to accomplish what I want.
--> Thanks a lot for this completely different idea, thank you for thinking out of the box :)

With my Teufel "Connector 2" I have always clicked the menu away when it proposed to activate Chromcast (this streamer apparently is "Cromecast-ready").
Whatever this means, I will try it out :cool:

Edit:
It's working, but dropouts are so heavy that it's just unusable. This may very likely be a "feature" of the streamer I'm using (Lautsprecher-Teufel "Connector 2"). Maybe there are options to configure Chromecast such that it works properly.
Anyway - I learned something :) and if someone in this community can confirm that Chromecast works flawless with the WIIM Pro, this may still be an option since a better DAC like the WIIM Pro Plus would be favourable.
I'm not familiar with new Bluetooth codecs and where Bluetooth audio quality is at now but bear in mind Chromecast plays over Wifi and gives you bit for bit quality. Since I moved to Roon I don't use Chromecast anymore on the WiiM (Pro version, not Pro Plus in my case) as I now use the "Roon Ready" option that's available in Roon for the WiiM. I have a Chromecast Audio I use in another room which still works well. Never had issues with Chromecast in my case - dropouts are always due to Wifi dropouts in a room where the signal is weak; Chromecast not working always due to my device being set to the wrong band (e.g. phone on 2.4 GHz instead of 5 GHz or vice-versa; configuring Chromecast on both bands solves this). I could check the Chromecast connexion from YouTube to the WiiM when I have time and report back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom