• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Does anyone else have this issue?

I have connected the wiim pro to TV via optical. There wiim turns on the amp via trigger when I turn the TV on. But even if i switch off the TV, the wiim keeps the amp turned on. This problem doesnt happen if I am using wifi as source
Pro is never going to the "idle" state when on the optical input, it's a known issue.

fatoldgit

I see that the app with this device doesnt support Linux so I would reluctantly have to use Windows (as a VM under Linux) .

Spent some time looking for screen shots of the app running under Windows (all the shoots on the Wiim site/manual where from smart phones which is not something I would ever use) and what I saw was disappointing... the Windows app just seemed to be the android/apple app rendered slightly larger (i.e. didnt utilize all available screen space)

Can someone confirm the types of drill downs possible in the app.

My preferred drill down is genre -> artist alpha drill down selection [A B C D etc] -> artists under the select alpha drilldown -> albums under the selected artist.

I also like other views such as all artists within a genre and also all albums within a genre.

Does the app support these types of views and also artist photos?.

Thanks

Peter

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
I see that the app with this device doesnt support Linux so I would reluctantly have to use Windows (as a VM under Linux) .

Spent some time looking for screen shots of the app running under Windows (all the shoots on the Wiim site/manual where from smart phones which is not something I would ever use) and what I saw was disappointing... the Windows app just seemed to be the android/apple app rendered slightly larger (i.e. didnt utilize all available screen space)

Can someone confirm the types of drill downs possible in the app.

My preferred drill down is genre -> artist alpha drill down selection [A B C D etc] -> artists under the select alpha drilldown -> albums under the selected artist.

I also like other views such as all artists within a genre and also all albums within a genre.

Does the app support these types of views and also artist photos?.

Thanks

Peter
It has a UPnP interface, so you can use LMS with the Material Skin UI under Linux to control it.

Also see my terminal controllers for Tidal, Qobuz and Deezer (which probably need to be updated due to WiiM firmware changes).

Bach

The Wiim pro has certainly no gapless playback. I bought the unit based on false information of this site and of the producer.
Addition to my post:
Gapless playback was tested with a wav file, which was divided in two parts. The outcome of the test was emailed to WiiM. On 22 april WiiM emailed back that they also tested and there was seemingly an issue. So waiting for further answer.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
What was the length of those parts? What method of achieving gapless playback has been used?

Overseas

Major Contributor
No music for the wicked.
Pro goes weird on digital outputs, though DAC seems to get some signal, both on coax and optical, but no sound. DAC checked, amp checked, coax cable checked, Pro analog out checked, Pro app looks like working, but no sound.
I think after the last update, Pro started to do crazy things like: once started with no streaming service selected, sends 48.1 khz signal to DAC on optic, now when started shows last played album. None of these happened before.

Bamyasi

No music for the wicked.
Pro goes weird on digital outputs, though DAC seems to get some signal, both on coax and optical, but no sound. DAC checked, amp checked, coax cable checked, Pro analog out checked, Pro app looks like working, but no sound.
I think after the last update, Pro started to do crazy things like: once started with no streaming service selected, sends 48.1 khz signal to DAC on optic, now when started shows last played album. None of these happened before.
Cold reboot fixed it to me. I mean, pull the USB power plug, wait for 15 seconds, reconnect.

elderbank

Sorry havent read everything in detail but any idea why wiim app doesnt have lock screen controls? Its annoying specially for volume control to unlock

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Sorry havent read everything in detail but any idea why wiim app doesnt have lock screen controls? Its annoying specially for volume control to unlock
There’s a BT remote for that. Even has Alexa voice control.

Hernandezt

Hello guys, I noticed that to play songs in ultra hd, with amazon music, I have to use the wiim app, because if I use the Amazon app it only reaches 16 bit 44.1, I'm wrong something or is it a common problem?

Just adding that I connect from app amazon music to wiim using the function "connect to a device "

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230510_121539_Amazon Music.jpg
    Screenshot_20230510_121539_Amazon Music.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20230510_122532_Amazon Music.jpg
    Screenshot_20230510_122532_Amazon Music.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 62

Tatr76

Hello guys, I noticed that to play songs in ultra hd, with amazon music, I have to use the wiim app, because if I use the Amazon app it only reaches 16 bit 44.1, I'm wrong something or is it a common problem?

Just adding that I connect from app amazon music to wiim using the function "connect to a device "
Had same problem and got this answer that fixed issue, you could try as well.

Are you sure you are choosing correctly when “casting” from the Amazon App - I can see my pro there twice: once as a Chromecast device and once as a recognised AMHD device - choose the latter to get Ultra HD.

Post 554 onwards for more in depth solution. Hope it helps

Hernandezt

Had same problem and got this answer that fixed issue, you could try as well.

Are you sure you are choosing correctly when “casting” from the Amazon App - I can see my pro there twice: once as a Chromecast device and once as a recognised AMHD device - choose the latter to get Ultra HD.

Post 554 onwards for more in depth solution. Hope it helps
Thanks a lot for your reply, yes that's just the case, unfortunately my device appears only once, and as chromecast device I believe, as my second screen shot.
Don't know then what to do to make it show as AMHD device, any hint?
Thanks again

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks a lot for your reply, yes that's just the case, unfortunately my device appears only once, and as chromecast device I believe, as my second screen shot.
Thanks again
Have you enabled alexa in the settings(and then selected UHD in the setup options)?

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks again
Have you enabled Amazon Music HD/UHD in the Alexa Settings section?

Hernandezt

Have you enabled alexa in the settings(and then selected UHD in the setup options)?

I think yes, sorry for the question, but do I maybe need a physical amazon alexa device, or it is enough the app?
I don't know if maybe it is because in the Country where I live, Poland, the feature is not available

Attachments

• 20230510_145630.jpg
    20230510_145630.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230510_145644.jpg
    20230510_145644.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230510_145716.jpg
    20230510_145716.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230510_145740.jpg
    20230510_145740.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 48

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think yes, sorry for the question, but do I maybe need a physical amazon alexa device, or it is enough the app?
I don't know if maybe it is because in the Country where I live, Poland, the feature is not available
It seems Alexa cast is currently not supported in Poland.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-10-14-40-43-44_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-10-14-40-43-44_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom