• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

artishard116

I also use optical input (sometimes). But at least in my case, auto-sensing works correctly. I have a TV connected to it, and it senses audio and outputs it correctly. There was a previous update that solved the only issue I had with optical: a delay between audio and video.

My unit maintains a rock solid connection. I use it mostly via Wi-Fi but I tried it hardwired for months and it works correclty. We all have different networking equipment so it may be time for you to isolate where the issue is.

I also used to have trouble with 12V trigger, but I realized the problem was an adapter I had that converted from 3.5mm plug to 2.5mm. I just replaced all that to a 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable and all problems gone. And yes, having some kind of customization for trigger auto off would be nice.
Thanks for the info. Already using a cable like you mention, so I can rule that out as the culprit.

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
With Tidal, in Mini and pro, I see only my playlist but not the albums and titles, does anyone have a solution to help me?

Last edited:

Achim1812

Maybe it is already known here, but I didn't find a solution.
I have had the issue, that not all of my albums, marked as favorite in Amazon MHD appeared in WiiM app as favorite. I noticed, that albums in CD quality or with only a few tracks in "HD/UHD" didn't show up. In the Amazon app I marked "HD/UHD" as streaming quality. Changing that to "Best possible" solved this issue.
If thats already an old hat, sorry.

Last edited:

Merifon

With Tidal, in Mini and pro, I see only my playlist but not the albums and titles, does anyone have a solution to help me?
I just tested, Tidal's favorites albums and songs, appear in wiim app.
Why don't you use Tidal app itself? I think is much better than wiim home, for this streamer.

ModDIY

I just tested, Tidal's favorites albums and songs, appear in wiim app.
Why don't you use Tidal app itself? I think is much better than wiim home, for this streamer.

So no problem on your side.

Yes I use both, Wiim and Tidal Connect. Sometimes I find it convenient to control Wiim and then turn off my cell phone.

Anybody found any quality difference between using the optical vs. coaxial digital outputs?
Thanks! JMac
I've been going back and forth between the two and strongly prefer coaxial. My two cents is there seems to be more clarity and detail with coaxial compared to optical.

As an aside, with coaxial and when the Wiim Pro is paused or stopped, I would get some static/EMF type noises. But once I hit play, the static would disappear. I considered this static to be a non-issue since it would disappear once music was played. Though lately, I don't recall hearing this static.

I just had this problem in Tidal too. There a few things to note, if you click on your Profile (bottom of app) it may be asking you to join Tidal's Live listening program (I have no idea what they call it) which will share your listening or your playlists publicly; make sure to answer any prompt here (accept or decline). I kept refusing to answer which basically hid "My Collection" from me because if you exit the prompt without answering, you never get to your "My Collection". It was frustrating. But if you answer this prompt, then in the future when you click on your profile, there will be an option called "My Collection". Basically, they removed the heart icon from the bottom of the app which used to be "My Collection". They moved the heart icon or "My Collection" to behind your profile. I hope this helps.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I've been going back and forth between the two and strongly prefer coaxial. My two cents is there seems to be more clarity and detail with coaxial compared to optical.

As an aside, with coaxial and when the Wiim Pro is paused or stopped, I would get some static/EMF type noises. But once I hit play, the static would disappear. I considered this static to be a non-issue since it would disappear once music was played. Though lately, I don't recall hearing this static.
"1"s are sharper and "0"s are better rounded, right?

ModDIY

I just had this problem in Tidal too. There a few things to note, if you click on your Profile (bottom of app) it may be asking you to join Tidal's Live listening program (I have no idea what they call it) which will share your listening or your playlists publicly; make sure to answer any prompt here (accept or decline). I kept refusing to answer which basically hid "My Collection" from me because if you exit the prompt without answering, you never get to your "My Collection". It was frustrating. But if you answer this prompt, then in the future when you click on your profile, there will be an option called "My Collection". Basically, they removed the heart icon from the bottom of the app which used to be "My Collection". They moved the heart icon or "My Collection" to behind your profile. I hope this helps.
In Wiim I have access to my music with Tidal, but I only see the playlists.

The Tidal Live is something else and has nothing to do with the problem in Wiim

ClassicGuy

I notice Wiim devices malfunction when WiFi glitches. I had a WiFi access point that glitches every half hour or so, and my Wiim Mini would completely stop functioning after a glitch. Only way to fix it was to reboot Wiim. It was very difficult to troubleshoot because the WiFi glitch didn't impact any of my other devices. I finally replaced my WiFi access point and my Wiim devices have been working perfectly since.

The issues are:
  1. Wiim devices completely break on any WiFi glitch, without ability to self-recover and continue when WiFi is back to normal (each glitch is likely just 1 second)
  2. Wiim devices enter a state of malfunction that requires complete reboot to recover

elmoe420

I notice Wiim devices malfunction when WiFi glitches. I had a WiFi access point that glitches every half hour or so, and my Wiim Mini would completely stop functioning after a glitch. Only way to fix it was to reboot Wiim. It was very difficult to troubleshoot because the WiFi glitch didn't impact any of my other devices. I finally replaced my WiFi access point and my Wiim devices have been working perfectly since.

The issues are:
  1. Wiim devices completely break on any WiFi glitch, without ability to self-recover and continue when WiFi is back to normal (each glitch is likely just 1 second)
  2. Wiim devices enter a state of malfunction that requires complete reboot to recover

What do you mean by "glitch" here exactly?

zaxx40

I have a Wiim pro. I tried to use a IFI Elite 5v power supply on the pro. The lights on the pro light up but it never fully boots as it does not show in the app. Switching back to the cheap wall wort the pro boots right away. The same IFI Elite runs a Pi3b with a DAC topper with no issues.
Anyone have any ideas?

Joffy1780

I have a Wiim pro. I tried to use a IFI Elite 5v power supply on the pro. The lights on the pro light up but it never fully boots as it does not show in the app. Switching back to the cheap wall wort the pro boots right away. The same IFI Elite runs a Pi3b with a DAC topper with no issues.
Anyone have any ideas?
Use the wall wort?

Joffy1780

Just trying to experiment if a linear power supply would make a difference in sound quality. Not sure why the Pro does not seem to like the Lps
Yeah sorry, I don't have anything constructive to add.

Kachda

Forum Donor
Does anyone else have this issue?

I have connected the wiim pro to TV via optical. There wiim turns on the amp via trigger when I turn the TV on. But even if i switch off the TV, the wiim keeps the amp turned on. This problem doesnt happen if I am using wifi as source

Top Bottom