• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think yes, sorry for the question, but do I maybe need a physical amazon alexa device, or it is enough the app?
I don't know if maybe it is because in the Country where I live, Poland, the feature is not available
Yup- looks like you are out of luck. Drat.

Hernandezt

Yup- looks like you are out of luck. Drat.
Indeed, thanks also to you for your help, then I've found also an old forum discussion related wiim mini from last year about same topic, other users from Poland experienced same issue, interesting if in the future Amazon is going to enable the feature..
For the time being I'll continue to enjoy wiim app :)

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Upcoming WiiM streamer

It's a streamer with a better ADC and DAC. We've achieved the following audio performance for the line out so you can save the external DAC (hopefully).

The following performance numbers are for the sample rates from 44.1k to 192k:

SNR/DNR: >120dB
THD+N: > 107dB (<0.00045%)
FR curve: <=±0.1dB

Veri

Master Contributor
While interesting, THD+N at 107dB still isn't exactly.. stellar. "so you can save the external DAC (hopefully)", ehh~

I cannot get it to Airplay. It asks for a password and their instructions on how to add it to the Home app don't work because you can't add a device asking for a password, and you can't disable asking for a password without a device. I can bluetooth, or stream from my phone's music, but can't airplay anything.

I did the following:

• Disconnect the WiiM Pro from your router (if using Ethernet) and reboot the router. Wait till it fully restarts.
  • Factory reset the WiiM Pro by pressing and holding the play/pause button for 10secs - you should hear the voice tone and the unit’s led should flash white and red.
  • Connect your WiiM Pro to your wifi network.
  • On your phone, delete all items and homes in the Home app. Even better, delete the Home app.
  • Check if your phone is on its latest o/s version. If not, update it.
  • Power restart your phone: press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. Turn the phone back on.
  • Re-install the Home app.
  • Make sure that both your phone and WiiM Pro are connected to the same 5gHz network and the same node if you have a mesh network. Under network status in the Wiim home app, I’d try selecting 5gHz only and wifi roaming off.
  • I’d then again try to add the WiiM as an accessory to the Home app as per the previously mentioned link https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/so...iim-mini-into-apple-home-app-as-an-accessory-
But it asks for a password when I try and airplay no matter what I try. It works from my Mac Mini with out a password

DrTom

Upcoming WiiM streamer

Interesting. If it's another step up in connectivity with a sub out and adjustable crossover (like Echo Link), improved ADC and useful input auto sensing I'd be up for that I think - currently Pro doesn't really add enough that I need to upgrade from Mini. If it's just a Pro version 2 then I'm less keen.

I'm a bit late to this thread but is anyone using the Pro/Mini as an ADC between a record player and DAC/amp? Quite tempted to try but my initial impression of the sound using the aux in on the mini shortly after launch wasn't great.

artburda

Hey gang, got a question about the led status light on the Pro. I like it set to "off", but on my newly acquired Pro it randomly turns back on, and then the "status light" switch doesn't work, and I can't turn it off. Only rebooting turns it off, but then the problem reoccurs once the unit is turned back on.
Anyone else have this issue? I can also send a ticket in to WiiM, but wanted to ask here first.
I have the latest firmware from April 6.
Thanks, JMac
I have the same issue. Have you found a solution?

JimmyMac

Wiim Pro Firmware: 4.8.515159
Wiim Home Version android: 2.4.8.230515.c37da6
Wiim Home Version iOS: 2.4.5
Yes, I now have the same firmware version as you do, from 4/27/2023.
And, yes, I'm still having the same problem, with the status light turning on at random times. I have found that I can then turn it off by touching one of the Pro's front panel touch controls. But then, of course, it just randomly turns on again and a later time/date.
As mentioned, I did report this to WiiM, but they have not yet confirmed to me that they can replicate the issue, so therefore no fix has been reported.
It's probably a good idea for more people to report this, so they might actually try to fix it.

Thanks, JMac

artburda

Yes, I now have the same firmware version as you do, from 4/27/2023.
And, yes, I'm still having the same problem, with the status light turning on at random times. I have found that I can then turn it off by touching one of the Pro's front panel touch controls. But then, of course, it just randomly turns on again and a later time/date.
As mentioned, I did report this to WiiM, but they have not yet confirmed to me that they can replicate the issue, so therefore no fix has been reported.
It's probably a good idea for more people to report this, so they might actually try to fix it.

Thanks, JMac
I just received the following message from the support team:

Thanks very much for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused!

We have fixed this issue, We will release the new OTA firmware in a few days

Best,
WiiM Support

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The latest update turns off trigger if optical is idle, not just wifi! Was looking forward to this

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a usability improvement, but I realized it can create an interesting quirk in my configuration, where the Wiim Pro actually triggers the preamp/controller (HTP-1) because HTP-1 has a trigger in but no standby timer. Both sources (AirPlay, vinyl over Parks Audio Puffin with digital out) run through WiiM Pro, so for playback no issue. BUT with no “on until you turn it off” capability will trigger the HTP-1 to go to sleep if I need to run Dirac Live Bass Control again, as that does not involve the streamer.

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
WiiM have just released this statement on their community group:

”As of today, WiiM Pro is Roon Ready certified. Now we are currently preparing the firmware and will be releasing the Roon Ready update to all WiiM Pro owners by 6/30. We'll make a formal announcement in all our channels when the firmware is released on 6/30. We really appreciate your patience throughout the certification process. “

WiiM have just released this statement on their community group:

”As of today, WiiM Pro is Roon Ready certified. Now we are currently preparing the firmware and will be releasing the Roon Ready update to all WiiM Pro owners by 6/30. We'll make a formal announcement in all our channels when the firmware is released on 6/30. We really appreciate your patience throughout the certification process. “
Excellent news. Anyone got any Roon promo codes? I missed the lifetime subscription thing.

Top Bottom