• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

modified

"USB-drives full of stuff" need a server. A Raspberry Pi or just about any other SBC (or an old laptop) can do the job. Run free Logitech Media Server and use the WiiM as a player.
Yes, I have RPi with TI5122. But I would like to upgrade. Just would need USB OTG host, instead of analog in.

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes, I have RPi with TI5122. But I would like to upgrade. Just would need USB OTG host, instead of analog in.
You may be able to convert your RPi into a server and use the WiiM as your new player. Describe in more detail your current configuration and hopefully you'll get suggestions. Which RPi model do you have and how much onboard RAM?

modified

I don't want to get things complicated. I have had Allo Boss for years, wired to active speakers, ethernet for Tidal and usb drives connected for local storage. One device for all. Maybe I have to turn to Matrix mini 4 (or Fiio, Eversolo...). More money but also more features to get.

Haider

I'll just leave this statement here...Just got the Pro Plus, sounds pretty good via analog outputs vs. my experiences with the standard Pro...

On the EQ -- just how much functionality can you get from the 4 band parametric EQ, with two bands for High and Low shelf (not even High pass and Low pass filters, although you can probably use the HS and LS as band limiters) and just two "Peak" filters??????
I just need three for Sundara headphones; a low shelf at 50Hz +8dB, peak 2KHz +2.5dB Q1.5 & peak 6.3KHz -4dB Q4...

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
WiiM room EQ incoming??

Yoku-San

3 Best Buy Music Streamers Comparison, EverSolo A6 vs. Matrix i4 vs. WiiM Pro

In my second system (Youtube test), as Tharbamar too, the winner is: WiiM Pro + Loxjie D40 Pro
Why did you post this in the WiiM Pro Plus Thread? You tested the WiiM Pro.

keiron99

I just need three for Sundara headphones; a low shelf at 50Hz +8dB, peak 2KHz +2.5dB Q1.5 & peak 6.3KHz -4dB Q4...
I also have the Sundara headphones and the Wiim. The parametric EQ finally appeared on my app yesterday and despite reading the instructions, it fries my brain!

I'd really appreciate if you could perhaps share a picture of what your screen looks like so I can copy it. Thanks.

jjk1

Just ordered one of these to try Amazon hd with. Im hoping for a nice application for that service. Have the node2 and it works great but the Amazon integration with bluesound is not great. I also have a bunch of airplay devices around and can’t wait to try ”air cast”
I wonder if you can “aircast“ your way past airplay2 lossless streaming limitations.
and it’s probably got a better DAC then my more expensive, formally state of the art Oppo 105, ha-1, or nad c510.
wow - times change

D700

Question: Do PEQ settings apply to digital output as well line-out?

RiseFall

It's now realy Roon-Ready (RAAT) or still Chromecast?

We can PEQ with ALL the outputs?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So it’s a great preamplifie - and makes all your external dacs digital preamps with really good volume controls. This thing is just too fun
Well- suppose that depends on what makes a great pre amp (there are threads on here full of that) but its certainly a great digital source. I dont think I would be happy just using this or any other DAC straight into a power amp without any form of visible volume protection in place but I am sure it would work fine until either glitch or little human fingers play with it.

jjk1

Well- suppose that depends on what makes a great pre amp (there are threads on here full of that) but its certainly a great digital source. I dont think I would be happy just using this or any other DAC straight into a power amp without any form of visible volume protection in place but I am sure it would work fine until either glitch or little human fingers play with it.
True, a streamer - if used by multiple people and connected to a power amp input directly - will cause some unexpected wake ups , but it’s nice to be able to deliver the volume controlled bits or voltage anywhere in the chain and not worry about resolution as far as volume is concerned, and where you control it.

ivayvr

I agree that using a streamer as a pre amp is far from ideal but it is very convenient. It reduces the clutter and I am all for that.
I have been using Bluesond Node and currently WiiM Pro Plus as a pre amp for last 6-7 years and never had a single accident. On both I always used the sound level limiter set up between 60-70% of the max level. On top of that I never put my Genelec actives on max sensitivity. So even if some accident happens, the sound would be very loud but hopefully not loud enough to cause some damage. In that setting the S/N may not be the best possible but my hearing is far, far away from the best possible. On top of that, eliminating one component in the chain would not hurt S/N ratio either.

Livnmuskoka

Took some time setting up the parametric EQ for my 2022 HD600's, using online measurements as a guide. I'm really liking the way this sounds, for several different genres of music.
I don't have the bass boosted quite as much and have the most fatiguing 1-4 khz range down about 1.5 db.
I didn't do a low shelf filter to help minimize distortion, and don't feel it's missing any bass the way it is.
Using WiiM pro plus into Bryston bha-1 amp, with a balanced headphone cable.

Screenshot_20231009-023401_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom