• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Krusty09

Forum Donor
I doubt it's possible, as that port is probably just for power - unlikely it's able to pass data as well and even if it could, they would need to be able to build in driver support for those adapters.
Understood. Just a thought.

TimW

Major Contributor
I doubt it's possible, as that port is probably just for power - unlikely it's able to pass data as well and even if it could, they would need to be able to build in driver support for those adapters.
That's how ethernet adapters worked with the Chromecast, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Krusty09

Forum Donor
When you say ota test do you mean this?

OTA testing measures the antenna radiated performance and signal path in a simulated environment to ensure devices perform as intended on the live network by end users

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor

OTA testing measures the antenna radiated performance and signal path in a simulated environment to ensure devices perform as intended on the live network by end users
It means a firmware update was pushed to his device Over The Air (via the internet).

Glades

'Over The Air' or something alike . Quote from WiiM: "We will whitelist your device to OTA the new version (4.6.413635) and your device will update it automatically".

Brantome

Major Contributor
'Over The Air' or something alike . Quote from WiiM: "We will whitelist your device to OTA the new version (4.6.413635) and your device will update it automatically".
They seem to whitelist by release - when I asked to join the beta programme for the 24/192 output, I got the beta firmware, but after that I’ve reverted to general releases

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Is it this release, with the bit depth and sample rate display?

1649865633628.png

Witterings

Can you multi room Spotify with these, I can see each of the individual units from the Spotify App but not how to put 2 or more of them into a group?

Brantome

Major Contributor
Can you multi room Spotify with these, I can see each of the individual units from the Spotify App but not how to put 2 or more of them into a group?
If you want to sidestep the WiiM app for this, given that you can add WiiM minis to an echo multi room music group, you could group them in the Alexa app and then play on that group from the Spotify app.

**edit: you might need to link your Spotify account to Alexa as well and ask “alexa, Spotify connect group-name” for the group to be visible to the Spotify app. After that, you can ignore Alexa.

jae

Major Contributor
Hans Beekhuyzen did measure a fault - a sudden peak of + 0,6 dB in the treble area from the analog out of the WiiM . If that was a hardware fault its not curable with new software. But who knows? I wonder how good the toslink output is.
Hans measures equipment? :eek:

Witterings

I presume you use each WiiM as a streamer and pick which one you send the audio to

Yes .... but if I' casting from Amazon Music it sees groups so I can play it in multizones I've created so am looking to do the same with Spotify which only sees the individual WiiM's and there's no option in the Spotify App to create a group for them.

Witterings

If you want to sidestep the WiiM app for this, given that you can add WiiM minis to an echo multi room music group, you could group them in the Alexa app and then play on that group from the Spotify app.

**edit: you might need to link your Spotify account to Alexa as well and ask “alexa, Spotify connect group-name” for the group to be visible to the Spotify app. After that, you can ignore Alexa.

Cheers ... I'll take a look at that although I have one group set up on Alexa called both and it doesn't show in Spotify BUT my Chromecast groups do.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Cheers ... I'll take a look at that although I have one group set up on Alexa called both and it doesn't show in Spotify BUT my Chromecast groups do.

That’s why I added the Alexa request above - echo multi room groups often don’t show up in Spotify until you’ve asked that and/or asked Alexa to play something on the group. After that, hopefully it’ll pop up in the Spotify app as a target ’device’ in the same manner as the ‘everywhere’ or other named multi room music groups.

mateolo2

@WiiM Support idea:

When using optical out/fixed volume can you add option to use -/+ buttons as next track/previous track. It should be super easy for you to add that but many people think it coukd be super coooool! Thx

Smitty2k1

@WiiM Support idea:

When using optical out/fixed volume can you add option to use -/+ buttons as next track/previous track. It should be super easy for you to add that but many people think it coukd be super coooool! Thx
This is a great idea. If nothing else disable them when using fixed output. If you touch one it temporarily mutes/pauses the audio as it "adjusts" volume, which doesn't make sense because there is no volume to adjust.

Witterings

That's brilliant thank you .... came up as soon as I enabled it as a skill and linked the account!! :)

Top Bottom