• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I saw this on aliExpress, a TPA3255 with feedback from 3eAudio.

US $84.99 | TPA3255 TPA3251 High-end HiFi Amplifier With Feedback Design

Screenshot_20230308_091153_AliExpress.jpg

spalmgre

I saw this on aliExpress, a TPA3255 with feedback from 3eAudio.

View attachment 270246

Notice that there are 4 different board configurations at AliExpress and all at different prices. The one chosen here in the picture is the one to get. These was not awailable 2 weeks ago but now there is 137 boards
I'm quite convinced that this is also the same board that audiophonics.fr is waiting to get a restock on.

1678287519250.png

1678287553032.png

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
A good board, but you could buy a fully built aiyima A07 for less.
You could, but that doesn't have the PFFB (more distortion, load-sensitive frequency response), quality coils (distortion again), balanced inputs (freedom from ground loop issues) or the heatsinking options (sustained power output). The 3E is more capable than the A07 but at a price. Whether it's worth it depends on what you need.

A better comparison would be hypex given the performance and likely cost once you include a PSU.

john11

It comes down to how much money you have to spend, if you have the cash then go for the proven and reliable hypex, they have got a solid reputation and a lot of good feedback. That would be my choice, if i had the cash, which i don't
My aiyima A07 has a ton of solid feedback, and with upgraded op-amps caps inductors, and 10 amp psu has defeated all class-d amps thrown at it.
As for 3ae manufacturer's specs - let's not even go there. It's better going with a proven product rather than taking a chance and getting burnt

spalmgre

There are two more question.
1) How do you start these amps if you go active and have several to start.
2) Moust of the 3255 amps are single ended in. But the chip is balanced in. How do you convert or bypass the single ended prestage to get balanced in. The 3E bord explains this but how to do it with Aiyima.

Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
The Aoshida A7 has XLR inputs, might be a preference to some, I guess.
Myself included. Pity the measurements didn't investigate them more - CMRR, whether there's a 'Pin 1 Problem' etc. I'd probably look at sticking InGenius modules in the A07 though.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
ironically this place has a huge thread on it:

Top Bottom