• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What JBL model is this speaker?

Tio

Hi, this is my first post here, usually only read other discussions.

I'm interested to buy an used JBL floor standing speaker, but there is no information about the model type, or the impedance and watt on the speaker. I've tried to search the image online but can't find any matching one.

Below is the front of the speaker, and the only label that can be found on the back.

Anyone here know which JBL model is it?

Thanks

Last edited:

LTD02

I registered just to save you. LoL. I don't think that is a JBL speaker, but I could be mistaken.

Kind of looks like this:
FLH 8B.png

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks fake. This label talks about a built in amplifier which makes no sense whatsoever.

JBL rarely used soft dome drivers outside of automotive products. They were very early adopters of titanium and in 2000, they would have been using titanium (or other metal alloys or compression drivers).

Attachments

• 208F5C99-D4F7-42BB-9507-678B0C85FBBC.jpeg
    208F5C99-D4F7-42BB-9507-678B0C85FBBC.jpeg
    875.6 KB · Views: 49
OP
T

Tio

Looks fake. This label talks about a built in amplifier which makes no sense whatsoever.

JBL rarely used soft dome drivers outside of automotive products. They were very early adopters of titanium and in 2000, they would have been using titanium (or other metal alloys or compression drivers).
yes, I'm also confuse with the label that said built-in amplifier. I never thought there is fake speaker product. Lucky I post it here.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
JBL has quite a few powered speakers, but can't say ever saw one that looked like this....good luck....have you tried this site https://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/jbl.htm
Right, but not a powered speaker with regular binding posts…

The soft dome is the clearest evidence it’s fake. It could be built with JBL Selenium or automotive parts and be a hobbyist setup. But it definitely does not have any characteristics that would make it a JBL speaker from 2000.

OP
T

Tio

The soft dome is the clearest evidence it’s fake. It could be built with JBL Selenium or automotive parts and be a hobbyist setup. But it definitely does not have any characteristics that would make it a JBL speaker from 2000.
I think it might be a custom build by hobbyist. I'll skip to buy it for sure.

Where are you located?
Indonesia

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Yeah, that would kinda negate it :)
I think it might be a custom build by hobbyist. I'll skip to buy it for sure.

Indonesia
Sounds like a good plan.

Top Bottom