• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

FAST

RME-ADI-DAC, TOPPING D-50

Neddy

Topping D50 - b/c of ASR, I discovered excellent DACs had finally crossed the $200 barrier!
But The Biggey was OktoDAC Pro - it turned out to be the perfect solution for me; ASR no doubt helped Okto establish itself and get going on deliveries; Many Thanks for that!
Also DX3Pro and Kali IN8s.....

Thomas savage

Power hungry desperado
The Watchman
Forum Donor
At the risk of thread drift, ASR hasn't resulted in a purchase, but Frank's posts on turntables has resulted in me restoring the LF filtering on my turntables' phono stages. These are essential for broadcast use as any excess LF will just soak up transmitter modulation for no good reason, but I thought that at home it wasn't necessary so I bypassed the filters.

Having read Frank's posts, it got me thinking about what else excessive LF does, not just with headroom, as I'm not short of that, but for LF distortion in particular. This afternoon the bypasses came off.

S
Thats even better imo , thanks for sharing it.

I guess my @March Audio amps and that anthem pre amp I have came from my time here. Oh and mogami cables..

It's what iv not bought that I have ASR to thank for, and getting away from the bullshit. It was quite maddening tbh, it's just a pity we'd not created the forum a few years earlier, I'd of saved a small fortune.

Phorize

Forum Donor
Topping nx4dsd

Mogami cables

I have just bought an sme m2 12r for my Garrard 301. Not a front end that is likely to receive an asr ‘recommended’, but it’s a credit to asr that I now know how silly I am being.

Ordering the Topping D30 this month.
Just got it and auditioning it .
Definitely different sound than my ( up to date ) Schitt Bifrost and Musical Fidelity V-Dac

Last edited:

jhaider

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Neumann KH 80 DSP. I had been thinking about them since I bought the S&R monitor review archive but a thread here pushed me over the edge.

ASR also pointed me in the direction of SMSL when I decided to change my desktop setup from miniDSP DDRC-24D to SHD Studio with separate DACs for lower noise. The M300 Mk. I wasn't tested here, but the brand has consistently done well. This DAC seemed to offer the best price-performance at the time of purchase for a simple (no Bluetooth or volume control to muck things up) DAC with coax or AES in and balanced out for said KH 80 DSP.

bunkbail

Forum Donor
Topping D30 (sold it), Khadas Tone Board and XtremPro X1. Very pleased with the KTB and X1.

Crane

Forum Donor
All these purchases just makes me wonder if we totaled it how much $$$ total was a result of ASR. I mean we need to know how much to blame Amir and other ASR contributors for going broke ;).

2 Massdrop THX 789, SMSL SU-8, JDS Atom, Khadas Toneboard, e1da 9038, couple mogami cables, benchmark AHB2, nord 7 channel amp

If you dont include measurements you can add 2 revel studio2 and 2 M126BE :facepalm:

In all honesty, Thanks Amir for saving us money from ****** gear!

Top Bottom