• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

TungstenC

Minidsp UMIK-1, JBL 305P MKii, and a E1DA 9038D(portable solution, waiting for release and review).

On the desktop electronics side I'm quite set for now with an O2+SDAC, both had been measured before ASR started reviews here.

rgpit

Forum Donor
I'd been thinking of buying an AHB2 and after reading the ASR review it clinched the deal.

nugget

Forum Donor
I'm listening to a Topping D90 paired with a Monolith 887 right now. It's my office rig and I'm sure I wouldn't have bought either if it weren't for ASR. Oh, and I'm using Roon which I also discovered thanks to you guys.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
Paradigm pw link
Behringer dcx2496
Umik mic
Smsl su8 v2
Soon to be Revel f208.

Most of this was a learning experience. I wouldn't redo some of the purchases, but I don't regret them. I've certainly come out ahead, as I've also sold some things that were unnecessarily expensive and replaced them with budget items.

Francis Vaughan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
DX3 pro , D50s, four Kardas tone boards.
Objective tests make a huge difference to buying.

audiopile

Little Bear Audio (same as Nobosound) stereo 3 XLR in to one out. Just the trick for gettin my three balanced out phono preamps into a Mytek ADC -does the job.

g29

KTBD and hopefully a multi-channel DAC.

StevenEleven

Forum Donor
Two Raspberry pi‘s. Resulted in two very nice audio streamers and some great father-son time. ;)

And Floyd Toole’s book. By far the biggest audio upgrade I have ever made. Some very engaging learning too. A university-level text. :cool:

Waiting for the speaker reviews to fill out a little. :)

Last edited:

xarkkon

Another Topping here as well. A D30.

I bought a Sonos Amp in spite of the review (mainly because Amir mentioned he only found the analog input problematic and I only really needed it for HDMI CEC TV).

Stopped myself from buying a MiniDSP 2x4 because of the review. Might still have to get one eventually if I try to build a LX Mini

VMAT4

Forum Donor
JDS Atom Amp & Topping D30 DAC.

SDC

Didn’t buy anything but sold job225. Measurment of sta200 was horrible so I got rid of it

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I feel like asr is responsible for a vast majority of rme adi2 dac and ahb2 sales.

Hopefully they'll stump up an all-expenses paid trip for Amir and Thomas to frolic together at the Monaco Grand Prix or that cool island of Richard Branson's in lieu of commission for all those sales.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hopefully they'll stump up an all-expenses paid trip for Amir and Thomas to frolic together at the Monaco Grand Prix or that cool island of Richard Branson's in lieu of commission for all those sales.

So we can assume this will happen....just substitute Thomas for Richard Branson in the photos.

1583470195927.png

1583470236920.png

Top Bottom