• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the BEST amp below $200? and $150

HorizonsEdge

I do not know if the chips are the same as in excellent, but hard-to-find 40wpc Loxjie A30

If fact the DA-9 and the A30 use the same chip. The difference is that the DA-9 uses dual Infineon chips and the A30 a single. The Sabaj A20a uses the same board as the DA-9 and is made in the same factory. I strongly suggest reading the threads on this forum. Beyond the subjective claims a few QA issues have been discovered and acknowledged by the manufacturer.

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The BT20A is based on the TPA3116 chips, which is significantly overtaken by the newer TPA3225X (2015 I believe). I have a box full of TPA3116, this is ok for a portable bluetooth device or garage. The TPA3255 is significantly above the level of distortion. As for the DA-9, it actually exceeds the budget announced in this thread. It is equipped with a new class D chip technology from Infineon. I have an amp with this chips at home, we are indeed at a much higher level than the TPA3116, a more lower distortion and much more musical.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since most modern Hi-Fi amplifiers should sound the same when used within their performance limits, I am curious about your basis for making an audiophile-type claim of a "huge improvement"?

The Fossi BTA10 version has some issues that could be audible in comparison to an accurate amp. For instance, check out the frequency response

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...udio-bt10a-bluetooth-stereo-amp-review.10506/

Like @adamjohari I have the BTA20. While I have not DBT'd it, it does not seem to me to be audibly transparent.

And interesting that you linked to the DA-9 thread. Lots of subjective testimonials about how it sounds in that thread :)

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Fossi BTA10 version has some issues that could be audible in comparison to an accurate amp. For instance, check out the frequency response

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...udio-bt10a-bluetooth-stereo-amp-review.10506/

Like @adamjohari I have the BTA20. While I have not DBT'd it, it does not seem to me to be audibly transparent.

And interesting that you linked to the DA-9 thread. Lots of subjective testimonials about how it sounds in that thread :)

No subjectivism here ... just compare the distortion rates, that's what I did.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's been mentioned before earlier in the thread but an Icepower or Ncore amp would fit the bill for a pure power amp.

adamjohari

If only I could share the A B comparison between the BT20A and DA-9, you guys would buy the DA-9 in a heartbeat

spaggom

Hi guys... I would like to ask your opinion (based on experience) of the best dedicated amplifier below $200 and $150 range?

Thinking of getting Monitor Audio bronze 2 and cant afford a $400ish amp yet. So just to get me going, any recommendations at this price point?

Fosi Audio TDA7498E 2 Channel Stereo Audio Amplifier Receiver Mini Hi-Fi Class D Integrated Amp for Home Speakers 160W x 2​

Price:
Sale price$79.99Regular price$89.99

Willem

Major Contributor
In my view there is a point below which you are no longer getting value for money. For me that point is represented by the Yamaha AS201. I think it is the cheapest good amplifier with enough output power for many situations.

HorizonsEdge

In my view there is a point below which you are no longer getting value for money. For me that point is represented by the Yamaha AS201. I think it is the cheapest good amplifier with enough output power for many situations.

Is this not discontinued?

Dzhaughn

Fosi Audio TDA7498E 2 Channel Stereo Audio Amplifier Receiver Mini Hi-Fi Class D Integrated Amp for Home Speakers 160W x 2​

Price:
Sale price$79.99Regular price$89.99

Why would anyone refer this to the Ayima A07? Phrase you answer in the form of "Look at the measurements here: ..."

I do like my A07.

Top Bottom