• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

JSmith

Master Contributor
wine consumption has fallen a little but I think that the country is still among the biggest consumers of wine.
Yeah, #1 on some lists, others #2;

A differing view;

• Portugal: 67.5 litres per capita
  • France: 47.4 litres
  • Italy: 44.4 litres
  • Switzerland: 35.5 litres
  • Austria: 30.8 litres
  • Germany: 27 litres
  • Australia: 26.1 litres
  • Czech Republic: 25.3 litres
  • Spain: 25.3 litres
  • Netherlands: 24.5 litres
  • Argentina: 23.8 litres

JSmith

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Once in a while I'll make mine cheddar or jack instead, but I always come back to the pure processed bliss....
To me the only thing that holds up to American slices on a burger is cheddar spread like Merkts or homemade cheddar sauce-spread stuff. Works well on really thick burgers. Or blue cheese, of course. :)

shopping

JSmith

Master Contributor
Yeah, I struggle visually to do cheese with mould (controlled, but still)... even though it's meant to be there in the above case.

Now what I do like is a nice chicken schnitzel parmigiana with a good beer;

1712213097961.png

JSmith

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, I struggle visually to do cheese with mould (controlled, but still)... even though it's meant to be there in the above case.
I have absolutely no issue with moldy cheese and even some bread and pastries if they are not too far gone.
ow what I do like is a nice chicken schnitzel parmigiana with a good beer;
Now we are talking man! :D Oh YeaH!

Tassin

Chimay "A la bière" - During the maturing process, the cheese is washed with Chimay Bleue beer, giving it a stronger taste.

1712219766909.png

Roland68

Major Contributor

Now what I do like is a nice chicken schnitzel parmigiana with a good beer;

View attachment 361255

JSmith
Some types of mold are also important medicine ;o)

But if you're not into mold, you could try a Casu Marzu, even heartier than Gorgonzola.
But chew well...;)

007Shortz

Attention, this French cheese is not compatible with camping. If you still try, don't be surprised to be woken up the next day by cadaver dogs.

lePetite.jpg

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's not even super pricey, actually pretty cheap but tastes better than a lot of far more expensive stuff...

Attachments

• images (23).jpeg
    images (23).jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 13

TheWalkman

IMHO, one of the finer cheeses produced in America. Very creamy, slightly salty. Great with a glass of red.

(Fun backstory on the farm: an heir to the appliance fortune decided that making cheese was far more fun than building washers and dryers.)

IMG_4050.jpeg

Top Bottom