• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Intuitionism

Received the HD560S today - it's very good just out of the box but the presentation and tonality changes for the better with the EQ.

DS_Construct

Changes for me:

Focal Utopia

AK+Empire Ears Odyssey
Empire Ears Legend X
Beyerdynamic Xelento

FiiO K9 Pro (AKM)

Jave

Sennheiser HD600
Moondrop May
TruthEar Zero + RED
7Hz Salnotes Zero + 2
DCA Ether C Flow
Samsung Buds plus / Buds pro 2
HiFiMan RE400 / RE600

All fed from Topping DX7 Pro+

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Dan Clark Audio E3 has made it so my only other headphones (ETA Mini Closed, AKG K371) are backups that I hopefully never have to use again despite them sounding good to me. The E3 is on another level.

I still use my mini closed at work. They’re perfect for that environment that they’re utilitarian looking thus I get no unwanted attention from others

IMG_8996.jpeg

I have a few, sold some recently, here's my current inventory:
  • Sennheiser HD 560S (New Version): Brilliant out of the box, even better EQed when the tonality changes are accounted for. Offensively comfortable despite the cheapish construction materials. Current favorite for... Everything.
  • Koss Porta Pro LE Gold/Black: Love these guys for relaxed listening and gaming on the Steam Deck. Warm, easy to listen to.
  • Audio-Technica MSR7b: Were my go-to cans for a while before I switched to open back headphones. EXTREMELY detailed, tonality is wonky to return to now though.
  • Soundcore Space Q45: My work headphones. Surprisingly detailed, clear, and controlled, but very consumer-oriented in tuning. Mics are fantastic, very comfortable for long hours of wear. Great for work, good for games, not great for critical listening.
AMP/DACs:
  • Topping DX1
  • Whatever the heck the Steam Deck uses
  • Apple USB-C Dongle (rarely needed)
  • Schiit Fulla (1st Gen)

nonnyno

The Dan Clark Audio E3 has made it so my only other headphones (ETA Mini Closed, AKG K371) are backups that I hopefully never have to use again despite them sounding good to me. The E3 is on another level.
Yep indeedy. Mine have just arrived. So happy. Will be getting rid of most of my others.

wunderkind

AKG 240
Beyerdynamic 990 Pro
Hifiman HE400SE
Hifiman Ananda Stealth
Moondrop Chu
Anker something BT
Apple pods

SlothRock

Same. I have a Sennheiser 660S that I keep for gaming and then I am selling my Atrium Closed soon. E3 has taken over

Jim T

Just curious ...
What headphone(s) do you currently own ?
Which one(s) is(are) used the most, or is your favorite ?
Headphones should complement your hearing loss. Do not trust any recommendations until you know your hearing. Demo cans before you buy. At 76 I have HF hearing loss so I want headphones that would be bright sounding to most people. My Favs are my AKG K701s, I also have their K612 that have higher HF content similar to the K701s, are smoother in the HF, but also have a bass boost that does not always work for me. I tend to use those on instrumental works. I am about to by a pair of the new Sony MDR-MV1 which are very hot in the HF range and too much for anyone with good hearing. There are all open back.

For recording I use my two pair of the AKG k721 and my older pair of Sony MDR-7506 that are still great cans. These are all closed back designs. The Sony's have more bass many like

HiFiMan Arya (2020) [A+] best imaging and soundstage I have heard. musically can play any style complimentary.
DT770 [250 & 80 ohm] [A- / A-] (will sell the 250 ; keeping the 80ohm) I'm just a sucker for the DT 770's, especially the 80ohm. It's just simply good sounding.
Senn HD 600 [A] (for sale) no balls. plays vocals and percussion heavenly.
Senn Momentum 4 wireless [A] great range, amazing sound, everything I need.

they are used with a Bakoon HA-21 & Bitfrost2. The Arya w. the HA 21 is the perfect match. I really like the Bitfrost and it's upgradability although I would now have bought a different DAC for cheaper.

Roger_

Sennheiser HD300 (from the early nineties of the last century. I keep it for old memories. Even after 20 years I could buy replacement pads :) )
Sennheiser HD6xx (the drop version. Best value for money..)
Sennheiser HD800S (clearly a step better than the others for a resolution and spatialness point of view)

Using an OPPO HA-1 as portable dac connected to an old Samsung S9 phone with and SD card of 1 Tbyte which can hold all of my FLAC files.

For on the move nowadays a Sony Linkbud S (decent noise cancelling but needed EQ to trim down the Bass)
And in the past: Sennheiser BT350 and a older pair of Sennheiser over ear noise cancelling headphones.

Top Bottom