• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Blujackaal

Got a DT 770 pro for £105, Stock fine at a lower volume. But with EQ it outperforms the SRH1540 i had & 95% close to my ER4SR. Not a fan of how easy driver flex is on Dynamic headphones, It weird how balanced armatures are very robust to this.

Just got some LCD2Fs and have been comparing them to the Anandas after EQing both to fix dowsides and my personal preference. I have to say I am more impressed with the cheaper Ananda in technical capabilities. The brighter sound makes it seem far more clear and capable of clarity. Stringed instruments sound natural and amazing as well as pianos, and vocals, especially female.
I found the same thing to be true, equivalently or even lower priced Hifimans tend to substantially beat out the Audezes just about all fronts of technical detail. Focal is much the same. I wouldn't buy Audeze headphones based on technicalities especially when considering price. You buy them for their unique sound signature, with that being said - the competition is just so good with technical detail it's not to say that Audezes aren't good at it, just not quite as good as the competition.

Thomas_A

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My headphones:

Beyerdynamic DT150 with DT100 velour pads (home use, hifi and digital piano)
Bose SC25 II (travel)
Apple AirPods Pro (outdoor)

No need for more...

Sennheiser HD480, HD660S
Soundmagic E10

Gifted myself the HD660S for Christmas and am very much in love. Now it's time to upgrade my IEM's I guess...

Philips Fidelio X2HR paired with Modi/Magni 3. Very happy with performance overall, but looking forward to upgrade to HD800 SDR mod + modius/magnius stack

zhogun

My headphones:

WF-1000XM3 (have had them for 5 days only..)
B&W P7 Wireless (fun to listen to, use them daily connected to my TV and usually some Nightwish (live) or Godjira (live))
HD-580 (bought them the day before i had to go and do my military service for 11 months back in year 1995, paired them with a Technics portable CD-player ... hehe was a little bit weak in the bass haha). Had four records, Jennifer Warnes -The Hunter & Famous Blue Raincoat, Michael Ruff - Speaking in melodies and Emmylou Harris - Wrecking Ball.
HD-650 (Favourite if amped) Had a DIY tube amp for them some years ago.. MAX? Will have to get me the Topping E30+L30 i think. Have listed to them for 5 years now directly from an MacBook Pro :/

Heldaeus

Avantone Pro Planar: This is my latest purchase and I've been enjoying it a lot. It has an even tonal balance but is slightly warm due to a lack of upper midrange and treble energy (some have described this as sounding analog). It has a few quirks as well, some good, some bad. Overall I think it's a solid headphone.
Monoprice Monolith M1060 V2: This was my very first audiophile-grade headphone and right now it's in Austria getting measured by Oratory. This headphone was also my intro into modding because of how sibilant it was due to the 5k peak.
Bose QC35: It is what it is.
Bose Soundsport: I bought this for the sole purpose of gym use a few years ago before I got into Hi-Fi.

Out of these four, I have to say that I really like the Planar the most.

Beyerdynamic 1990 Pro: Love these things, pretty much my go-to headphones when at home.
Shure SE535: Normally paired with Fiio M11 Pro for when I’m mobile, used with my PS4, or used as monitors when recording guitar parts
B&W PX7: Airplanes (before the pandemic I spent way to much time flying transatlantic). I know the sound signature is WILD, but it kinda works after a few pre-flight beers.
Bose Soundsport Wireless: For running.

roz

I've got the ZMF Verite Opens and Sony Z7m1 for closed duties. Have not really looked for any other headphones once I had these two.

After some recent acquisitions, I now have these setups going:

Home theater room: Hifiman Sundara + Monolith THX 788

Office: Drop HD 6XX + (a second) Monolith THX 788

Now I can stop fussing with the gear and just enjoy the music. That's always been my goal with this stuff.

Headphones
- JVC HA-SZ2000 (broken headband :()
- Koss Portapros w/ yaxi pads

IEMs
- Blon BL03

I'm a bit of a basshead tbh. Trying to find a replacement for the JVCs or get a replacement hinge for the broken headband. Have my eyes on the HiFiMan Sundaras - supposedly there's a large amount of EQ headroom for the bass

Top Bottom