• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ever since Jamo was bought by Klipsch’s parent company, they seem to have been dying a slow death. Maybe that’s why the prices are so low—to clear out inventory. Funny thing is that although nominally a Danish company, the current Jamo lines have all been designed in the USA and manufactured in China. I *think* Jamo still sells their two open baffle flagship models, and those were designed in Denmark as well as manufactured there.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I would like to see DIY speakers in that price range tested like the Overnight Sensations, the Parts Express C-Note, or the HiVi DIY 2.2A. I have a pair of the C-Note's you can test and will be making the HiVi 2.2A's soon.
I think you all want me to spend what free time I have measuring speakers, not building them. :) So I am going to pass on kits even though I am very interested in measuring some of these.

Also the Micca RB42 is a darling of the YouTube reviewers.
Ah yes, I remember the buzz about this. Ordered.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
NAD SuperZero 2.1—these have a cult following and I am sure many people would be interested. You can find new pairs for under $150.
I assume you mean NHT. Bought a single one....

Chrise36

Major Contributor
MAGNEPAN 0.7 and 1.7, ATC SCM 20,40,50...,YAMAHA NS10, MAGICO,FOCAL BE

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Hmm. I can buy one for $200. Question is, what the heck to do with a single speaker afterwards?

Advertise it as a center channel...

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm sure there will be threads for recommending speakers to be reviewed in higher price categories but this one was created for budget speakers of $200 or less. Filling up this thread with complaints about this price being too low or recommendations for much more expensive options is pointless. Just go make the thread for higher priced options.
Was about to complain and saw your post .. Agree 99.5% ... :cool:

Wombat

Master Contributor
When some decent cheaper speakers are identified, their more expensive siblings can be preferenced for later testing.

Erik

Hmm. I can buy one for $200. Question is, what the heck to do with a single speaker afterwards?
JFYI, there is a Harman-made spinorama of the HS5. "Speaker A".

1579336328800.png

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Buy the pair and sell them later? The loss is covered by us Patreon donors. :)

Yamaha HS series is very popular in home studios worldwide.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IKEA Eneby 30 cm.

Top Bottom