• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What audio interface/dac/amp/dac+amp should I get for the beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 80 ohm

Mousavi

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and to the audio world so please forgive me if I say anything wrong!

First and foremost, I hope you all are having a good day and well!

I purchased the beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 80 ohm and even though my motherboard can handle up to 120 ohms, I just want to get an amp/audio interface so i can use it in the future if I upgrade to another headphone, and just want to overall boost my experience

I intend to use it for gaming and music (long hours, since I work 8hs a day at home on my computer, I rather have something that offers a good quality/experience)

I have taken a look at many options, and so far its been very confusing

my price range is $anything below $300 CAD, I can do something over but only if it is truly worth it.

- JDS LABS Atom Amp ($130 CAD)
- FiiO E10K ($100 CAD)
- FiiO K3 ($139 CAD)
- FiiO K5 Pro ($230 CAD)
- Focusrite SCARLETT-SOLO- ($205 CAD)
- Behringer UMC22 2x2 USB Audio Interface ($70 CAD)
- ARC Mk2 ($330 CAD) a bit too expensive

Gaming options
- Schiit Hel ($241.47 CAD) (heard there is no sound profile or anything special like that, does not matter much but they charge duties)
- Sound BlasterX G6 ($211 CAD) (heard its not good for music)
- Sound Blaster X3 ($200 CAD) (heard its not good for music)

I like the features the x3 offers but the problem is, I heard its not good for music. I would like to get the k5 but people say its not that special. I am very lost, if you guys have any suggestions it well also be very well appreciated! Thank you

Top Bottom