• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well I have not looked at this thread until now. Had no idea I was that high on Amir's like list or that I gave out so many likes. I do hit the like button to encourage people. I think my position on these lists has a lot to do with being one of the earliest members. I think everyone likes getting a like (except for SIY, despite which I like many of his posts).

I maybe don't hit like on Amir's posts as much as I otherwise might because often 50+ other people have liked something by the time I see it. I am sure liking he has this forum.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
To state the obvious, my results are heavily skewed by reviews I do which get a lot of likes. As to who I give likes to, I had no idea what the counts were. It was very informative to see.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
def needs a time domain analysis;) otherwise it's quite obvious that the top contributors and ASR veterans will take the top spots
Aren't typical ASR posters minimum-phase devi̵c̵e̵s̵otees so it all can be seen already in their FR? (Frequent Reposting) :p

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
What about un-likes? What happened to them?

If you like and unlike a post multiple times, does the member get multiple notifications of xxxx liked your message and then xxxx un-liked your message?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You can still unlike by just pressing the like button again....

I tried it on your post above.
I thought you meant when you could like or dislike a post. I'd assume like most forums, unlike is just a removal of a like and nothing more.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Well, I can't help that people are suck-ups. :)

1684483695184.png
As we can see, Blumlein 88 and DonH56 got more likes from the host than anybody else (over 300). But, interestingly, the numbers for each individual user don’t seem to be that high compared to how many likes Amir got from some users, e.g. Hugo9000, Veri, or Xulonn.

But I'm not sure I understand the poll: haven't you already given the answer in the initial post? Also "over 300" when the relevant graph shows < 300 ... I think ZeroGPT maybe failed on this one.

Last edited:

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
To state the obvious, my results are heavily skewed by reviews I do which get a lot of likes. As to who I give likes to, I had no idea what the counts were. It was very informative to see.
The second part sounds as if you are rethinking your “liking” strategy ;)

D

Deleted member 48726

What about un-likes? What happened to them?

If you like and unlike a post multiple times, does the member get multiple notifications of xxxx liked your message and then xxxx un-liked your message?
I've been guilty of doing that when I read further on in a thread and realised the post I liked was wrong about something..

Sometimes I like posts with well formulated and non hostile context with good arguments even if I do not agree.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I know I've mentioned this before :facepalm:, but I (still) wish that ASR had a small spectrum of "likes" we could use. For example, if someone posts about a tragedy, one does't really want to like it, but one might wish to ackowledge it, even if one lacks the right words for a proper reply.

https://hifihaven.org/ for example, which also uses the XenForo platform, gives its users a few (six) choices:
like, love, haha, wow, sad, angry

1684613688742.png

I do realize that even this level of resolution ;) can telegraph some ambiguity. One might chose angry to indicate direct anger with the post (or even the poster!) or a shared anger or disappointment with the poster on, e.g., some third-party content described in the post.

The "wow" option can come in handy. :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I know I've mentioned this before :facepalm:, but I (still) wish that ASR had a small spectrum of "likes" we could use.
That got turned on by default when I upgraded to 2.0 version of the software. Alas, many including myself thought it was confusing so I reverted back to simple like.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Ironically, I'll click "like" to show my appreciation for the explanation*, @amirm ! ;)

* Which you have probably shared with me before, when I asked about it/them before. :facepalm: I'm gettin' to the point where I live in the moment (i.e., where my short-term memory's pretty much taken the big vacation. ;) ).

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
That got turned on by default when I upgraded to 2.0 version of the software. Alas, many including myself thought it was confusing so I reverted back to simple like.

Good decision.

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
When I post something I'm sure Amir reaches under his desk for that bottle of Maker's Mark. That said, I did get one 'like' from him and count myself damn lucky.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Makes me wonder if there were more choices than just "like"....not exactly a great metric.

Top Bottom