• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Yeah is over at A Call For Humor thread

One day on that thread, more for amusement than malice, I hit ignore on every WAF-joke, wife-joke and other assorted old dudery, and was left with entire pages that were blank. Not a permanent ignore list of course. :)

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One day on that thread, more for amusement than malice, I hit ignore on every WAF-joke, wife-joke and other assorted old dudery, and was left with entire pages that were blank. Not a permanent ignore list of course. :)
Hate to say it but there is crude and rude over there, a small percentage. Some posters aren't thinking about the diversity of ASR readers. I jump past certain posts too. Mods have admitted to liberal moderation there.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Hate to say it but there is crude and rude over there, a small percentage. Some posters aren't thinking about the diversity of ASR readers. I jump past certain posts too. Mods have admitted to liberal moderation there.

Haha, I wouldn't want humour clampdown !!

And there's always diversity of perspective, I've been called a nihilist and a terrorist here so far (not so much in jest) so I try not to flounce. The ones that tend to stay on my ignore list are those who like to dish it out but can't take it (whatever "it" means). :)

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's ironic that this set a record for me for most likes on a post.
Just gave you one more like (hate?) ;)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Then you have someone who writes 3 words and receives 40 likes in this thread.
6 words [not naming names!]
202305_SourGrapes.jpg
[OT: They are really tasty.]

OP
AmarioForester
This is incredible analysis and surprising as well! One aspect that is hidden though is that the profile changes over time. Some members that you listed in the first graph have not post hardly anything in the last year for example. And there are others who are much more active recently (last year or two).
Thank you! And yes, you are absolutely right! Here is the follow-up based on the data since 2022:

1684966259728.png

Although Hugo9000 has given Amir more likes than anyone else since the creation of the ASR forum, he only takes third place in the statistics for the last 2 years. Since the beginning of 2022, it is AdamG247 who has been the most active in liking Amir. We can also see, that Veri is not on this list anymore.

1684966287346.png

The user who likes Amir the most in 2022 and 2023 is JSmith (120 likes), followed by AdamG247 (74 likes). The user who stands out is voodooless, who was not in the top 10 list before but has gained popularity in recent years and now takes fourth place in this list.

1684966365973.png

Here we can observe the reverse situation: the leader of the previous plot on this topic, the Helicopter, is not even in the top 10 in 2022-2023, and now thegeton is taking the lead.

It was also interesting to see how many comments there were actually each year:

1684968962930.png

It can be seen that the popularity of Audio Science Review first noticeably rose in 2019 and then increased rapidly in 2020 (the pandemic may also have played a role in this). In the following years, the number of comments written has steadily been increasing. Considering how many messages were written in the first 5 months of 2023, we can expect positive numbers this year as well!

We are also dealing with quite a large amount of data by using the last 2 years for our analysis (over 40% of all comments).

OP
AmarioForester
Well, I can't help that people are suck-ups. :)

But I'm not sure I understand the poll: haven't you already given the answer in the initial post? Also "over 300" when the relevant graph shows < 300 ... I think ZeroGPT maybe failed on this one.
Yes, I did. This was done to make a guess before reading the results from the original post :)
And what times we live in! You make one mistake and no one believes you are human anymore... It should have been over 250, I apologize.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Doesn't match the forum's statistics at all:
Some of it may be due to us deleting posts which won't be visible externally. But yes, there is roughly half the posts unaccounted for in their stats. Whatever crawler they are using is not seeing all the posts.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
... And what times we live in! You make one mistake and no one believes you are human anymore... It should have been over 250, I apologize.

It was a combination of inconsistencies that led me to believe that you may be silicon-based, along with the post-OP silence. But if you are human (or canine, great avatar btw) that's quite ok. Perhaps ZeroGPT is a better judge than I am after all. :)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
comments... posts... messages... replies... private messages... poll voting... or maybe even some pole-vaulting to get to the 1.56M mark.
It seems wrong that every thread has ONLY about 40 replies to it.

ctrl

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Something that I'm missing?
The forum statistics are likely to include private and public activities, so the number of messages and threads there is likely to be higher than the publicly available forum data allows. Forum statistics messages are likely private messages + public forum comments summed up - that would be my guess.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder what the H-index score is. Ie the score which indexes the number of posts with the same number of likes. Eg 40 posts with 40 likes or 10 posts with 10 likes.

Top Bottom