• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The only 7 types of people in ASR: Clustering Analysis

Noske

"The main objective of this analysis..."

This is not analysis, which requires superior cogitative skills and the intelligence to interpret and perhaps question the data in a meaningful manner.

This is just plain vanilla data mining.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Weird.... I am not represented in cluster 2 (headphones) but seem to have made the most comments in cluster 9 (DAC and DAP focus or to “Home Music Servers, Computers and Streamers”) for which I have little interest, well... maybe with the exception of DACs.

Even though I 'only' have 14k posts I seem to have made 28k posts in cluster 9 ?

I am probably not getting what the data actually represents or something is fishy.

Curvature

Major Contributor
Given my (ahem) embarrassingly high post count, I was both surprised and pleased not to see myself in the top ten of any of the Seven Clusters.

aa8116cdad92ab9139cda9a4713d5e36--sandra-boynton-enamels.jpg
If there was a vintage cluster you'd at the top with @restorer-john.

Noske

While I understand that data mining is a tool favored by folk in the business of marketing their wares, a number of things are apparent from comments.

Get your data correct, how hard is that? Be scientific about any conclusions that you may draw.

An editorial comment - reminds me all a bit of phrenology, where in the 19th century people were often classified and characterized according to the shape of their skull and any bumps on it.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
"The main objective of this analysis..."

This is not analysis, which requires superior cogitative skills and the intelligence to interpret and perhaps question the data in a meaningful manner.

This is just plain vanilla data mining.
I used to use the phrase
masturbating with data
at work.

If there was a vintage cluster you'd [be] at the top with @restorer-john.
:)

Also -- @fpitas and I could anchor a horn cluster. :cool:

80113405_10156556420516283_3657567129634340864_n.jpg

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there a way to see how I score within each cluster?
I can't believe you dare to ask: I was taught never to ask that question; morning-after!
But the above does not mean that ~99% did not have the same thought as you (and I).:facepalm:

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Might be interesting if each individual member could see the distribution of his own posts, and where he ranks numerically as a poster in each of those clusters. Also a good way to check the accuracy and therefore the validity of your data collection methodology.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In @mppix's recent thread - "What is "good enough", the categorization of ASR lurkers are divided into 5 basic 'categories':
*Scientist
*Psychologist
*Pragmatic
*Enlightened
*Others
It'd be interesting if some quant would be able to cross-correlate with this database.:confused:

raif71

Major Contributor
Weird.... I am not represented in cluster 2 (headphones) but seem to have made the most comments in cluster 9 (DAC and DAP focus or to “Home Music Servers, Computers and Streamers”) for which I have little interest, well... maybe with the exception of DACs.

Even though I 'only' have 14k posts I seem to have made 28k posts in cluster 9 ?

I am probably not getting what the data actually represents or something is fishy.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Beginning to look like the A.I. data mining program can't count. Maybe this thread should be pulled for being grotesquely inaccurate?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
In @mppix's recent thread - "What is "good enough", the categorization of ASR lurkers are divided into 5 basic 'categories':
*Scientist
*Psychologist
*Pragmatic
*Enlightened
*Others
It'd be interesting if some quant would be able to cross-correlate with this database.:confused:
There's some cross-talk between those categories, you know? :)
I am a left-handed analytical biochemist. I am pretty far out there in the tail of pretty much any distribution one can envision. :cool:

Maybe this thread should be pulled for being grotesquely inaccurate?
Oh, I think it should stand as a monument to folly.
The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft a-gley.

Noske

The cluster Amir belongs to: 8. So, Amir does not belong to either of the described above groups.

There is no defined cluster 8. Amir perhaps does not belong on this forum.

Oh, hang on. Wait a moment while I recalibrate my understanding of principal components analysis.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Might want to share your data collection method and results before and after sorting?

Top Bottom