• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wavelet Android EQ

hege

Forum Donor
Wavelet is very good but it is limited because it always uses, if exists, the equalization tending to the harman curve based on the measures of Oratory1990, and my case, for example, I often prefer the Crinacle equivalents, even sometimes adjusted in the low and high extremes to my needs (sensitivity to the treble, adjustment of the cups as it affects the bass ...).

:facepalm:

https://pittvandewitt.github.io/Wavelet/Import.html

Yes it requires custom effort, but Wavelet is NOT locked to some "harman curve". You can use the AutoEQ command line tools to apply own curves or just create any EQ you like in the bounds of format supported by the import.

Chordeater

:facepalm:

https://pittvandewitt.github.io/Wavelet/Import.html

Yes it requires custom effort, but Wavelet is NOT locked to some "harman curve". You can use the AutoEQ command line tools to apply own curves or just create any EQ you like in the bounds of format supported by the import.

You're right, I did not remember it because I almost always use UAPP. Although it is not so trivial, you can use a personalized EQ with Autoeq and Wavelet. No doubt it is a great tool.

luft262

If you save those other eq profiles as a .txt file using windows text editor you can import those profiles into wavelet. I did that to get Amir's profiles into Wavelet.

Xombul

Forum Donor
I have download wavelet and I am unable to use it:facepalm:.
Is there a specific player to launch? Is it compatible with hiby music player?

luft262

I only use streaming services, but for me it worked with YouTube Music, Tidal, Qobuz, and Amazon HD (when I had that one). If it's not working try selecting "Legacy Mode". Also, I find that it doesn't work if I'm streaming music with a sample rate above 48 kHz.

max233

Universal Audio Player Pro includes a 10-band parametric equalizer and is probably the best audio app for Android. Take a look at all its features in the Play Store.
Wavelet is very good but it is limited because it always uses, if exists, the equalization tending to the harman curve based on the measures of Oratory1990, and my case, for example, I often prefer the Crinacle equivalents, even sometimes adjusted in the low and high extremes to my needs (sensitivity to the treble, adjustment of the cups as it affects the bass ...).
In UAPP you can test any suggested equalization and try any change you think of.

Are you referring to USB Audio Player Pro? If so I have a question about the labeling that they use on Toneboosters EQ? For instance, "Analog Bell", "Low Shelf", "High Shelf"...etc. There are 15 different "filters" (for lack of a proper term). That terminology doesn't correspond with other EQ setting that I've seen. I hope that someone can offer some guidance so I can try to match the setting offered by Amirm, Crinacle, and others.

Chordeater

Are you referring to USB Audio Player Pro? If so I have a question about the labeling that they use on Toneboosters EQ? For instance, "Analog Bell", "Low Shelf", "High Shelf"...etc. There are 15 different "filters" (for lack of a proper term). That terminology doesn't correspond with other EQ setting that I've seen. I hope that someone can offer some guidance so I can try to match the setting offered by Amirm, Crinacle, and others.

Yes, sorry.
With Analog Bell = Peak, High_Self and Low_Shelf you can translate oratory1990 EQs and the corresponding ones of crinacle that you find in AutoEQ.

Edit: I have found the information you need:
"The user manuals by Toneboosters can be found here:
https://www.toneboosters.com/support.html

The V3 version can be found in the TrackEssentials 3 manual. The v4 versions will look a bit different in the manual, but the functionality should be more or less the same."

Last edited:

max233

Yes, sorry.
With Analog Bell = Peak, High_Self and Low_Shelf you can translate oratory1990 EQs and the corresponding ones of crinacle that you find in AutoEQ.

Edit: I have found the information you need:
"The user manuals by Toneboosters can be found here:
https://www.toneboosters.com/support.html

The V3 version can be found in the TrackEssentials 3 manual. The v4 versions will look a bit different in the manual, but the functionality should be more or less the same."
Thanks! It's all very confusing to me. Probably why I always listen in Bit Perfect mode. I listen to a lot of music on a daily basis and I don't want to spend more time fiddling with it than enjoying it.

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes I love using wavelet. Boosts are limited to 6dB but enough for most purposes. It works over bluetooth for spotify for me, so you could even use it for room EQ with a custom curve if you really want to!

Kosta

With default driver and USB driver in short yes.
But sure this is correct.
With default driver and USB driver in short yes.
This is not correct. There seems to be some myth that Android limts or resamples to 48khz. My smsl dac is showing up the native rate of the source file 96k, 192k etc from my pixel 3a. Wavelet is working great for me across all sources and Bluetooth as well

OP
ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Major Contributor

Kosta

I stand corrected , Double checking playback of files I noticed 44.1 are upsampled to 48 and anything higher is sampled to 192

OP
ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I stand corrected , Double checking playback of files I noticed 44.1 are upsampled to 48 and anything higher is sampled to 192
Android audio out is locked up to 48 KHz and it's not a hardware limit but implemented software (driver) limitation. QC Aqustic codec is perfectly capable going much higher (sample rate and bit depth [including DSD and 32 bit processing as all modern DAC's]), better and louder for very long time now but its not fully implemented on many fronts for different reasons (99% of available material is available as 44100 16 bit, you don't really hear ultrasonics, better deticated line and additional amplification on it do eat more battery and cetera). Whose an Android developer and played with those things. Given in consideration fact how QC DAC's only stretch 17 bit SINAD limit and with very deacent implementation (like now former LG G and V lines, in most cases it's about full 16 bits or a tad less) along with things already mentioned it's considered OK as it is (which is true).
But you are free to think otherwise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom