• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Video attempting to show benefit of audio network switches

Punter

I left a comment on a Hans video, the one about vibration absorbers improving the sound of your DAC. I commented that you could put your DAC in a paint shaker and it wouldn't make any difference to the sound. For some reason, my comment was removed.....

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I left a comment on a Hans video, the one about vibration absorbers improving the sound of your DAC. I commented that you could put your DAC in a paint shaker and it wouldn't make any difference to the sound. For some reason, my comment was removed.....
You evil people with your reality :facepalm:

kevin1969

@amirm what exactly is the real life setup that he is trying to emulate?

Is he not aware that almost all music sources are just files which are downloaded to your streamer by HTTP over TCP?

He's treating playing music as a real time media protocol, which makes no sense whatsoever.

Svet Angelov

"Thank you for another fantastic and informative video, Hans. It never ceases to amaze me how many naysayers and detractors we have out there who choose to embrace their (limiting) instruments that spit out data that’s quintessentially useless, RATHER than choose to rely on their ears. But the concepts you explain here in detail explain so much, so thanks again for your dedication to our education. And BTW, I’m a huge fan of Alex and EtherREGEN."

:rolleyes:

kevin1969

"Thank you for another fantastic and informative video, Hans. It never ceases to amaze me how many naysayers and detractors we have out there who choose to embrace their (limiting) instruments that spit out data that’s quintessentially useless, RATHER than choose to rely on their ears. But the concepts you explain here in detail explain so much, so thanks again for your dedication to our education. And BTW, I’m a huge fan of Alex and EtherREGEN."

:rolleyes:
There is no benefit to audiophile grade ethernet switches.

Top Bottom