• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated Amp Recommendation for 2 channel set-up

Max1227

My 10+ year old Peachtree iNova just failed to turn on yesterday. My input is mainly digital (either from a PC using foobar2000 or a CD player). My room is small and I have loved the pairing of the iNova with my Harbeth P3ESR speakers (absolutely love the mid-range) and my Velodyne DD-10 sub.

I only need 2 or 3 digital inputs and 1 or 2 analog inputs. No video used. Bluetooth input would be a nice but is not necessary. No need for Spotify or any other streaming provider.

Of course, I Googled Peachtree and only saw the nova300 as a possible replacement.

Googling the nova 300 lead my your the review on this forum where the reviewer states "It is clear from the measurements that the DAC subsystem is a relic that is simply behind times. ... Overall, I can't recommend the Peachtree Nova 300 as a new purchase."

Does anyone have an integrated amp recommendation to replace the iNova?

Below I have included info from my iNova User Manual:
Amplier
ST MOSFET amp modules
80 watts per channel at less than .1% distortion into 6 ohms
Sigma Servo internal wiring conguration for better damping

Preamplier
Hybrid tube design (6N1P)
7.0V output @ 2.0V input
<1 ohm at output stage
Class A output stage
Polypropylene caps in the signal path

Headphone Amp (shared with the Pre Out stage)
Suitable for all electrodynamic headphones
Output impedance: <1 ohm
Maximum output power: 100mW into 8 ohms / 300mW into 150 ohms / 150mW into 300 ohms
Class A output stage
6N1P vacuum tube in circuit

DAC
6 digital inputs USB, 2 Coax, 2 Optical, 1 iPod dock
ESS ES9016 Sabre³² Ultra DAC
24Bit/96kHz USB capability
24Bit/192kHz SPDIF capability
11 regulated power supplies
Organic capacitors
Class A output stage
Transformer-coupled digital inputs for ground isolation
Galvanically-isolated USB stage
>122dB signal to noise ratio
<3 picoseconds jitter measured at the master clock

Size: 5” H x 14 ¾” W x 14” D (including volume knob and speaker terminals)
Weight: 26 pounds

flowolf

You could look at the Pro-ject MaiA DS3, if it is available where you live.

I don't know how it measures tough, maybe it is not SOTA, but I think it's decent.

Phono pre, 3 analog inputs, 3 digital inputs, USB, Bluetooth.

ban25

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I use the Rotel A14 MKII for dedicated 2-channel listening with a turntable. It works well for streaming when paired with a Bluesound Node and when using the WASAPI drivers, I can stream 24-bit/384 kHz PCM from my PC via Roon.

That said, and even though you didn't specify a need for it, if you are interested in an integrated streamer, then I would look elsewhere. Perhaps a Hegel H390, Audiolab 7000a, or the newly announced Rotel RAS-5000 (which I will be eyeballing closely on Black Friday...).

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps is coming out with an upgradeable integrated soon that'll house any of his Hypex amp builds. Not sure when it is due to actually be available but something to consider.

Top Bottom