• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

User tracking ad platform now baked into Chrome browser

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
When peeps complained about the cold weather (in NE); I'd always say "If you don't like the 4 seasons, move!"
I broke that "Hypocrite's Oath" by practicing what I had I preached... and moved (to SW).
My creaky bones thank me, every day!
To which I always answered,...
Never again for me.
But I am never going to say never again... they tell me global warming is right around the corner!;)

JSmith

Master Contributor
We're now pretty much there... ;)
Yeah, not here... ;)

f060b7a83b21aaf8708767eadecae902

... and to add to that;

1701916813826.png

JSmith

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Read this thread on the same day the latest version of UBlock stopped working for You Tube. Made my decision easy. I transferred all my bookmarks over to Brave, and use a Tor window unless I'm on a forum for which I'm registered, then I use Brave. No nastygrams from You Tube, hopefully less spam, and who knows, perhaps less of a trail for the secret police dragnets and neofascist militias if the wrong person comes to power in 2025.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Some flat earthers now claim Terra Australis is a fiction. All this talk of extreme weather and exotic animals is fake news, damn we've been rumbled.
We always knew. "Australia. Where every last creature tries to kill you!" Uh huh

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Topic Title: "User tracking ad platform now baked into Chrome browser"
This is only the proverbial tip of the iceberg.
If you really are worried about 'tracking"; it becomes the least of your worries while you continue ignoring the 600# gorilla.
Here is the latest news flash:
“Project Ellmann” is an internal Google proposal to use artificial intelligence to help users get a “bird’s-eye view” of their life stories.
The idea would be to use LLMs like Gemini to ingest search results, spot patterns in a user’s photos, create a chatbot and “answer previously impossible questions” about a person’s life.
The team also demonstrated “Ellmann Chat,” with the description “Imagine opening ChatGPT but it already knows everything about your life.”
No! The 600# gorilla is not your "user photos" and most certainly it is not any browser that Gemini relies on to generate your life story.:facepalm:

chatdue

Topic Title: "User tracking ad platform now baked into Chrome browser"
This is only the proverbial tip of the iceberg.
If you really are worried about 'tracking"; it becomes the least of your worries while you continue ignoring the 600# gorilla.
Here is the latest news flash:
“Project Ellmann” is an internal Google proposal to use artificial intelligence to help users get a “bird’s-eye view” of their life stories.
The idea would be to use LLMs like Gemini to ingest search results, spot patterns in a user’s photos, create a chatbot and “answer previously impossible questions” about a person’s life.
The team also demonstrated “Ellmann Chat,” with the description “Imagine opening ChatGPT but it already knows everything about your life.”
No! The 600# gorilla is not your "user photos" and most certainly it is not any browser that Gemini relies on to generate your life story.:facepalm:
Honestly, as a user, I hate being tracked when I use my browser, but as a marketer, I think that functionality is useful.

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Honestly, as a user, I hate being tracked when I use my browser,...
I am not going to ask how you feel, as a user, about being really tracked by your phone(s).
...as a marketer, I think that functionality is useful.
I could not even contemplate your thoughts, as a marketer, about phones and tracking.;)
Rose-color glasses gives way to green ones?

Top Bottom