• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

mansr

Major Contributor
I can't tell but that CPU cooler doesn't look as if it was installed with special audiophile approved thermal paste. It's probably caused his soundstage to collapse.
Regardless of paste, unless whatever is getting is hot is thermally bonded to the case, that heat sink is going to be of very little use. It will obviously bring the temperature of the case close to the ambient, but whatever is inside will still be almost as hot.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Regardless of paste, unless whatever is getting is hot is thermally bonded to the case, that heat sink is going to be of very little use. It will obviously bring the temperature of the case close to the ambient, but whatever is inside will still be almost as hot.
I think this heatsink add-on needs to be looked upon through a therapeutic lens rather than any kind of technical efficiency.

Cavia

1602527806798.png

And remember...
1602528102974.png

I tried the magic switch on my descent stereo setup, and it literally broke apart. What a mess :(

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
View attachment 87565
And remember...
View attachment 87566
I tried the magic switch on my descent stereo setup, and it literally broke apart. What a mess :(
Terrible for Hans, I measured jitter and this device did nothing for that:

index.php

Instead of just theorizing, Hans needs to actually use the Audio Precision analyzer and perform this simple test. Once there, he will realize that his hypothesis does not apply here. Nor did we take for granted that it would not apply.

It should honestly be categorized as a medical condition. Just like germaphobes that have a pathological and irrational fear of germs that impact their ability to live a normal life, there's audiophiles that have a pathological and irrational fear of jitter or noise where there is none, that equally impacts their lives (and wallets) in a negative way. It's really quite sad and should someday be recognized by therapists.

I consider something like this setup a cry for help not dissimilar from obsessive hand washing (above a reasonable amount for Covid reasons of course)
7lcQ77F.jpg

Top Bottom