• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD T778, BluOS, ethernet vs Wi-Fi

Lwood

Hello Audiophiles,

I've been using BluOS speakers for years, and I'm looking hard at the NAD T778 as a replacement amp for home theatre, replacing my current Denon.

I'm aware that BluOS requires that you choose between ethernet or Wi-Fi, but you cannot function across both ethernet and Wi-Fi.

Looking through the T778 documentation, I wonder if you can only do BluOS with the T778 using Wi-Fi.

Goals:

• All bluos capable speakers wired to ethernet ports
  • T778 wired to the ethernet port on the T778
  • Move bluOS speakers and the T778 with all of the attached analog speakers at will across the bluOS application
  • Mix and match speakers within the BluOS application at will across my ethernet
  • not have to worry that any little change to the Wi-Fi network will knock down my BluOS setup

One of my goals is to have all of my BluOS-capable speakers connected to my wired network, not Wi-Fi. I want to assume that since it's an ethernet and a broadcast domain that I can control with little interference, the BluOS topology will become very reliable compared to Wi-Fi and all of its sensitivity.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance. I've reached out to NAD support but cannot seem to get a reply to these simple BluOS wired vs. wireless questions.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You would run the BluOS via wireless and the NAD by wire. As long as the IP address is reachable you should be good to go.

Top Bottom