• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UPGRADE - Meridian Explorer DAC v1 / Topping D10s + JDS ATOM Amp Headphone

Godfix

Hi Folks

I recently purchased a JDS Atom amp Headphone and I already have two DACs.

1- Meridian Explorer DAC v1

2- Topping D10s

In my little experience and after some testing I found that Meridian sounded better than Topping.

I'm using Meridian's fixed output which provides 2v rms (it is a combination analogue/digital optical type and provides fixed-level analogue (2v RMS) and digital
(S/PDIF optical) Toslink outputs for connection to an external audio system.), because apparently the sound sounds more detailed to me, with a bigger texture.

Any help here? Can I get a better option than these two DACs I already own without straying too far from my budget?

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Hi Folks

I recently purchased a JDS Atom amp Headphone and I already have two DACs.

1- Meridian Explorer DAC v1

2- Topping D10s

In my little experience and after some testing I found that Meridian sounded better than Topping.

I'm using Meridian's fixed output which provides 2v rms (it is a combination analogue/digital optical type and provides fixed-level analogue (2v RMS) and digital
(S/PDIF optical) Toslink outputs for connection to an external audio system.), because apparently the sound sounds more detailed to me, with a bigger texture.

Any help here? Can I get a better option than these two DACs I already own without straying too far from my budget?
What's your budget? $150? $200?

OP
G

Godfix

[QUOTE = "Helicóptero, postagem: 821349, membro: 18814"] Qual é o seu orçamento? $ 150? $ 200? [/ QUOTE]

US$150

Top Bottom