• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 495 82.2%

• Total voters

Xombul

Forum Donor
Any advice for a balanced cable for these iem? I would like to get more headroom when I use them with a smartphone.

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
After some days using them, I'm really happy with the purchase, good investment.

Not sure if IEMs are for me or not... they sound so direct! perhaps too much, a bit artificial maybe... Ok, I hate to hear "from inside" my own muscles, teeth and beard scratching due to ear sealing (perhaps also due to pressure?). For relaxed and focused listening, IEMs don't work for me, I feel them too much. For listening while working they are ok.

Specifically on these, they sound really enjoyable subjectively, I guess that's what a preference score means, people like it. Tonality is right to me, I don't feel the need to touch it, by now. Perhaps mids are a bit hidden behind bass... don't know really. Silicon tips fit perfect on my ears, so I guess bass is just right in my case. My summary is that this sounds like a proper headphone, not like a cheap IEM.

Last edited:

RHO

Major Contributor
Any advice for a balanced cable for these iem? I would like to get more headroom when I use them with a smartphone.
Not a bad cable. Never mind the audiophile BS in the product info. It's cheap and it works.
I use this on my Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

RHO

Major Contributor

Xombul

Forum Donor
It was a short cut for sure I have a dongle...
Many thanks for the advice!

fragzone

Using my Blessing 2 as a kind of reference I would say that the Zero's are better tuned than my Starfields.

The Starfields are great and fun but the bass response is less refined and the pinna gain should be more 'brave'.

You know when you put your hand around your ear and try to hear something better? That's a boost to the pinna gain and that's a bit what I feel with the Starfields. A great trick of the Starfield is the extra peak gain at the upper frequencies, or 'air". This helps to balance for its pinna-shy tuning.

Love my starfields. Would you say the zeros are head and shoulders better? Hard for me to imagine that could be possible.

Roasty

hey guys. need some help.
can't get a good seal with any of the supplied tips. have tried Comply 500 foamies but they don't fit the nozzle. anyone know which Comply model can fit these iems?

doug2761

Forum Donor
hey guys. need some help.
can't get a good seal with any of the supplied tips. have tried Comply 500 foamies but they don't fit the nozzle. anyone know which Comply model can fit these iems?
I don't think Comply make anything bigger than the T-600. I haven't tried them. I did try the T-500 and yep, they don't fit. I found that the large tips with the smaller opening worked for me. I usually us foam but those included silicone tips worked for me. The smaller tips yielded too much insertion depth which seemed to increase the treble ranges too much. I'm also interested in learning which size fit on these.

Love my starfields. Would you say the zeros are head and shoulders better? Hard for me to imagine that could be possible.

I do think the Zeros are better tuned than the Starfields.
The bass response is more sober and defined
The pinna compensation gain brings more truthful clarity
And the balance between treble and "air" is better

That's what I hear

I still like the Starfields as ever. It has this "big room" tuning effect
that makes my foot follow the beat. The subdued pinna gain combined
with that spike of air can create a great atmosphere in many tracks

Yet, the same tuning attributes can work against it in other tracks.
The vocals can sound kinda "tubby" and cheap
And that treble/air balance can create an uncanny "harsh dullness" effect.
The bass response is muddier.

Overall the Starfields can be a more mixed bag, more inconsistent
and that's probably because the tuning is not as well balanced.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe we adhere to different schools of thought on sound. Some people are into trying different sounds and seeing what it does for their music. I come from wanting it to sound "correct" so I can put on any content and not hear coloration. Thoughts?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
HI

I don't like IEM. I don't like the idea of inserting anything in my ear's canal.
I just ordered one. :facepalm:

See what you made me do? :mad:

Peace.
Just took delivery of mine :D .. Ordered in Amazon US forwarded to me in Haiti where we are living a nightmare but .. music keeps me sane and functioning.

:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Follow up .. This is early...
Yet, 15 minutes later, this has me re-evaluating EVERYTHING about Audio... I am using it with an Apple Lighting to Headphones adapter and ... I have to go to the doctor: She will have to re-attach my jaw, it fell on the floor.
Still would like to tame some peak-iness in the lower treble... A Qudelix 5 perhaps .. Later..

I will git these to my employees or perhaps the Moondrop chu ( I am not cheap, only cost-conscious)

It is crazy the level of performance available today... At really low prices.

Wow!

Peace.

P.S. I will wait for the break-in of 500 hours , then will replace the cable with a Atmosphere cable from Synergistic Research at $695.oo and use an Astrell & Kern SP-3000 at $3,800.oo for DAP... Heavens:facepalm::facepalm::p ...

Last edited:

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
These are so good.

FC50A47C-9F02-4E17-8C1C-9E17647CA51E.jpeg
ACFEE480-8494-4463-9EC3-077B6E17BD47.jpeg

asrUser

I don't think the Zeros are much better. When you equalize your Starfields, the difference becomes a lot less.

airs

I don't think Comply make anything bigger than the T-600. I haven't tried them. I did try the T-500 and yep, they don't fit. I found that the large tips with the smaller opening worked for me. I usually us foam but those included silicone tips worked for me. The smaller tips yielded too much insertion depth which seemed to increase the treble ranges too much. I'm also interested in learning which size fit on these.

Comply T-500 does fit - you need to put a bit lubrication (water or other) around the inside of the tip before putting it over the barrel.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

asrUser

I will git these to my employees or perhaps the Moondrop chu ( I am not cheap, only cost-conscious)

It is crazy the level of performance available today... At really low prices.
You get a waifu, and you get a waifu
EVERYONE gets a waifu!!! :D (best employer)

Top Bottom