• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING RA3 Amplifier(PA5 substitute?)

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
thank you Mr. 192kbps!

despite your low bandwidth name your posts are more like MQA FLAC (no, I'm kidding of course!)

A question i have is that why would you have XLR out on the DAC but have whatever the hell TRS input on the amp????

what what?

unless they give you an XLR to TRS interconnect in the box???

i think some of the design things are bit weird in that they have detachable feet (I guess) but why not detachable rack ears unless they like that aesthetic?

It’s a combo jack on the amp, it does both XLR and TRS. Like this -> https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/ncj5fi-h-0?c=audio.

Michael

Mario Sanchez

as explained by some product people here its a china thing to give 10% thd... if you dont do it, you look dumb when everyone else is

i suspect this is a 70-75-80w amp at best at realistic thd... which is fine for most of us

the whole thing seems a bit odd to me... who is asking for rack mount gear?

also new logo??
The power "knee" for 4Ohm is just shy of 100W, so a wee bit more, but not much more, definitely not up to Public Address level of power, but probably passable for home audio use.
thank you Mr. 192kbps!

despite your low bandwidth name your posts are more like MQA FLAC (no, I'm kidding of course!)

A question i have is that why would you have XLR out on the DAC but have whatever the hell TRS input on the amp????

what what?

i think some of the design things are bit weird in that they have detachable feet (I guess) but why not detachable rack ears unless they like that aesthetic?
It's a TRS/XLR combo input, similar to what was on the LA90 series.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
now i wish stayed with only rca gear!

doing down the path with xlr aes and the like is truly a never ending rabbit hole

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
you'll find this place is the only source of pics

does it say what is the amp chipset? I think at $250 it should be something like Infineon?

Zek

Major Contributor
Those links don't work for me.:oops:

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 13.14.26.png

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 13.14.47.png

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
taobao you need a login and further i think its only for mainland people

umm when it comes down to it, 68w at 8 ohm under 1% thd is sort of ok I guess for $250 in rack unit

i think you are getting a real decent vol. ctrl. pot and the display looks quality, it looks unity gain which is unusual

Zek

Major Contributor
What's the point of advertising something that doesn't exist???
Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 20.36.07.png

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
they havent really advertised them yet right?

they just teased the specs and look on taobao

Sokel

Master Contributor
as explained by some product people here its a china thing to give 10% thd... if you dont do it, you look dumb when everyone else is

i suspect this is a 70-75-80w amp at best at realistic thd... which is fine for most of us

the whole thing seems a bit odd to me... who is asking for rack mount gear?

also new logo??
It's not only a China thing,it's a ridiculous global thing,even my "pro" amp states such numbers:

10%.PNG

Will it be ever the case before protections kick in?
If not it's not only silly,it's also plain dishonest if you can't reach it .

Yes,example is that I'm maybe crazy,want to put in low's (which is where i have it anyway) and I don't care about 10% distortion.
Will it deliver?I don't think so.

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
OP

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do you have some sort of official relationship with Topping? How are you the first English source for so many validated rumors? (Not complaining/accusing, just curious)
TOPPING is a Chinese company. In China, they use Tencent QQ instant messaging software. There is an official group in Tencent QQ, The group is so popular that the founders often tip the scales ahead of time.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

what what?

They are combine TRS/XLR sockets.

11315_1.jpg

Top Bottom