• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Excuse my curiosity, but why so many of you refer to Amirm as Amir...?

pma

Major Contributor
Exceptionnal.
Thank a lot Amir.

Was there any audible hiss in the speaker? It is a common issue with those products. eg. Aiyima A07 produces hiss but SMSL AD18 not.
Read the noise from measurements shown before you ask a question like this. A07 noise would be 20dB higher.

aj625

I do not want to exaggerate but this is a great day for the entire audiophile community, we already knew that it would measure well but we waited for Amir's review to make it official, getting this performance for a $ 350 amplifier is really impressive, Topping has taken their amplifiers to the same level of your dac and that's saying a lot. Congratulations Topping
Problem with most so called audiophiles is that they think through their wallet. They discard better measuring cheaper and smaller products quickly as cold sterile and clinical. They prefer looks,size and price more than performance. :p

F1308

Major Contributor

Thanks very much, but he appears as Amirm in his writings...

F1308

Major Contributor
Oh, I was happily inviting Topping into the loudspeaker arena without realising I was forgetting the headphone gathering....

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I read it as always but am not confident it correlates to hiss.

Working back from @amirm 's 5W@4R S/N number, residual comes in at a remarkable ~19.5uV. And that is a bridged class D amplifier too. Hiss will be inaudible, even in a sensitive horn.

Last edited:

Trokox

... ¿A dónde vamos desde aquí?
Before the PA5 we had cheap amps with good performance (loxije A30, aiyima A07. PA3s) all of them very good for their money but they could not compete against the best. Today Topping has manufactured an economical amplifier that fights from you to you against the best amplifiers in the industry and I think it is good news for everyone, the era of obtaining an outstanding amplifier for a minimum price has arrived and is now

Dennis_FL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Excuse my curiosity, but why so many of you refer to Amirm as Amir...?
Amir is my real first name. AmirM was my email address at Microsoft (first name and initial of last name) and so that became my forum alias on other forums and now here.

F1308

Major Contributor
@JohnYang1997 Well done. I also think the red and blue units look fabulous too.
What should be the best colour system configuration...?
Phono into black (LPs are mostly blackhish), FM radio into yellow (for the kind of things they say most of the time over those waves), CD into red (someone said something about a red book), white for Network (my router is mostly white)....

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What should be the best colour system configuration...?
Phono into black (LPs are mostly blackhish), FM radio into yellow (for the kind of things they say most of the time over those waves), CD into red (someone said something about a red book), white for Network (my router is mostly white)....
Depends on your room. colors and your style. :D

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Amir is my real first name. AmirM was my email address at Microsoft (first name and initial of last name) and so that became my forum alias on other forums and now here.

I wish it wasn't. I can't get away from the name! ;)

There's a successful real estate in our area and I see "Amir Prestige" signs everywhere!

1638087571697.png

1638087452378.png

Top Bottom