• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Hum yes but hiss? How?

Not sure, but it happened to me. Something in the EM spectrum, I guess, that would change if I oriented the amp in a different way. Mind you, as I mentioned already a few times, living almost atop a little power plant (not a transformator - a little hydroelectric plant) exposed me to weird behaviours.

ClassicGuy

Mines arrived, the front end is a RPi with HifiBerry digi+ pro hat running Volumio, coax to Topping DX3 pro+, single ended to the PA5. Drives the B&W 800 (93 dB, 2.83v/1m) with no problems even with the few dB lost by the single ended arrangement. Bass extension impressive :) .

All terminals secure, no problems. I think I get the prize for smallest amplifier with the biggest speakers (so far) haha. Sounds really good to my old worn out sound engineer ears. Very pleased so far. 150w power supply reassuringly heavy.

This is the best set up I have experienced with these speakers.

Tomorrow I will see what happens when it's driven really hard :cool:

View attachment 174110

Did you realize your speakers flipped out when you connected the PA5?

Paco De Lucia

Update: the combination of the dx3 pro+ and PA5 is awesome. I think the end of the road for me for a few years

mario_rouge

Dbr62 measured with Decibel X app 2m from speakers.
Su9 vol. 99. Max 97 db avg 85
Su9 vol. 75 max dB 87 avg 78
Su9 vol. 50 max dB 78,7 avg 73

Song Teardrop. Massive Attack.

During movies volume on Su9 is 90. Do you think is safe? Distortion at this volume?
Sorry I'm very noob here!

Last edited:

Triliza

Forum Donor
Measure with decibel X app 2m from speakers.
Su9 vol. 99. Max 97 db avg 85
Su9 vol. 75 max dB 87 avg 78
Su9 vol. 50 max dB 78,7 avg 73
In the review Amir said that DBR62 are power hungry, for me 85db would be ok, still would be nice to have more power just in case.

vkvedam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Is it easy to integrate PA5 into my home cinema setup as well? I would be using it in isolation with a DAC for music but for cinema I will use the input from my receiver. Has anyone done this here?

bsas

misterdog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Speakers Selector Switch Switcher Splitter

Tongue twister of the day award :)

Though if I was in the market for a Speakers Selector Switch Switcher Splitter to be known from now on as a SSSSS ;)
I would be after one of these bad boys.

71-Q9-Zom1-XS-AC-SL1500.jpg

Everyone loves a big Meter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom