• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this stereo amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 98 28.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 209 61.7%

• Total voters
[СПОЙЛЕР] Снимок экрана 2024-05-02 112746.png[/СПОЙЛЕР]

600 000 V/s = 0.6 V/μs. But that is assuming 20 kHz, the topping goes higher.
It does faster anyway it goes max positive to max negative AND BACK AGAIN at 20kHz. So first double that slew rate. Plus a significant part of that time it is going much slower. You need to be looking at the speed at the zero crossing point When the slope of the sinewave is steepest.

It does faster anyway it goes max positive to max negative AND BACK AGAIN at 20kHz. So first double that slew rate. Plus a significant part of that time it is going much slower. You need to be looking at the speed at the zero crossing point When the slope of the sinewave is steepest.
And at that point the slope (derivative of the sine function) is A*ω , so actually you need to multiply by 2π.

And at that point the slope (derivative of the sine function) is A*ω , so actually you need to multiply by 2π.
So the Pa5 can put out 29V peak (A is 29, 53W unclipped into 8Ohm)

so slope is 29x2xpix40,000 = 7.3V/us (Pa 5 is more or less flat to 40kHz - and actually goes up to 60 or 70kHz, so the real figure will be still higher.)

Someone please correct me if I've messed up there at all.

3.5 aux cable will do (either mono or stereo) but you may want to check the other end too. For example, wiim uses 2.5.

That’s exactly what I’m looking at.

Will any 3.5mm to 2.5mm cables? I’m seeing lot for sale on Amazon UK described as audio leads for headphones, etc.

Will they be okay?

That’s exactly what I’m looking at.

Will any 3.5mm to 2.5mm cables? I’m seeing lot for sale on Amazon UK described as audio leads for headphones, etc.

Will they be okay?
Pretty much any cable with the right size plugs will do - it is DC at very low current, so even
a few strands of copper will do...

Hello people! Does the PA5 II fail easily as the first generation PA5?
It seemed to me, but I was disassembling my own and looked, the manufacturer did a good job. he did work on the errors, he separated some buffers from the main preamp circuit!

Anyway got my from amazon; it lasted 1 hour than it completed stop working with no sound from both SE and Balanced inputs.

Does someone use the PA5 II as a power amplifier? I mean controlling the volume just with a preamplifier/dac?

Back
Top Bottom