• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

kiyu

Did you buy from ShenzenAudio? Apos (their US affiliate) charged me 15% GST up front (60USD), alas! And has still not shipped....
not sure in "apos" but in ShenzenAudio they take 3, 4 days to TEST the product before send it, is on the shipping FAQ, maybe Apos does the same.

raif71

Major Contributor
Just ordered one from Apos. The last Cirrus DAC's I've used were inside iBasso DX80 and Topping D30. Both excellent transparent devices. As good as AKM, ESS IMO.

I don't expect to "feel" anything different from my AKM or ESS DAC's even though Topping thinks I should??? This is so messed up, cringe worthy. They should have never put that in their advertising.

I am using E30 now feeding my (replaced) A90 (2nd one) and it's working well but feel the need to push more voltage into the amp through XLR to satisfy my demanding HE6se ...... holy cow do they perform nicely!
Don't worry too much about it. Just know that the particular line in the advert is for another segment of listeners who do appreciate it. For those that "ought to know better", should know better. :)

Reactions: GPJ

bilzebubba

not sure in "apos" but in ShenzenAudio they take 3, 4 days to TEST the product before send it, is on the shipping FAQ, maybe Apos does the same.

Oh I did not know that! Thanks. They (Apos) must do, as they are just an NA portal for Shenzen!

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

bilzebubba

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

bilzebubba

What??? You gonna slander Topping based on that?? Better come harder than that.

I didn't slander Topping, I ordered one (my third)!
[My comment was about assuming that Apos = ShenzenAudio...]
[["Buckaboo" does not = "Bilzebubba"!!]]

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So you think Apos takes every device out of its box and "tests" them before shipping them to you?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My bad-thought he was asking re: the Topping reliability issue.

ArturoKiwi

Is there a d50pro in the bear future? If yes, it'll be with Cirrus or Sabre?
Any rumors?

geekpryde

Forum Donor
This is a great performer and value, except for the lack of an strict, accurate filter option that others have pointed out.

You would think that a DAC with volume control and remote might be connected to, say, an amplifier.
Like many DAC reviewed here (that also have remotes) there is no trigger.
This looks like an evolution from desktop products that has not been completed.
Perhaps, if Topping added a trigger, the rest would as well. They all seem to following one another.

- Rich

This! It's the only thing holding me back from ordering either a d30 pro or the DX7 pro. Why no trigger? Seems to me that many DACS are either missing a volume control, a trigger, or sometimes both...

curiouspeter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This! It's the only thing holding me back from ordering either a d30 pro or the DX7 pro. Why no trigger? Seems to me that many DACS are either missing a volume control, a trigger, or sometimes both...

Because they are not entirely suitable to be used as a preamp.

I leave my DACs on all the time. I just turn my amp on/off with a remote.

Dominique-T

Just imagine the cirrus clouds...
View attachment 116965

The cirrus is thin and wispy. As such it is more airy and quite transparent. They are more drier, less congested and overall pleasant. :facepalm::D

The Cirrus normally annonces bad weather... should we anticipate a problem with reliability? I had to return my E30 after 6 months because it just stopped working...;)

Last edited:

jdizzle

D30Pro came today from Apos audio. Of course, as expected, is working perfectly. It was the perfect DAC for me due to its great performance but also the ability to switch outputs and its volume control. For now I just have it connected directly to my lsr 305s through rca -> xlr single ended cables. I bought a new dac to replace my fiio e10k because there was noticeable, sometimes loud, electrical whine coming from my PC due to the usb bus power. The D30Pro noticeably sounds better, especially because of the lack of interference.
I'll begin experimenting with different headphone amps soon, but I'm so glad to replace the e10k.

bilzebubba

D30Pro came today from Apos audio. Of course, as expected, is working perfectly. It was the perfect DAC for me due to its great performance but also the ability to switch outputs and its volume control. For now I just have it connected directly to my lsr 305s through rca -> xlr single ended cables. I bought a new dac to replace my fiio e10k because there was noticeable, sometimes loud, electrical whine coming from my PC due to the usb bus power. The D30Pro noticeably sounds better, especially because of the lack of interference.
I'll begin experimenting with different headphone amps soon, but I'm so glad to replace the e10k.

How come you got yours before mine even shipped?!
I ordered 10 minutes before the official start on their website, dude!
Congrats tho ...mine did depart Shenzen this aft...:)

Top Bottom