• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The most iconic 90s movies

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
So I’ve mentioned the “The quintessential 80s pop song” thread at a family get together today. I also mentioned its anemic companion counterpart thread about the 90s. This resulted in much nodding and little disagreement – until…

Until somebody stated that the 90s were the most iconic decade for movies. Huh?

In continuation of the quintessential pop song debate the argument narrowed to the 80s vs. the 90s as the most iconic movie decades. There have been strong showings in favour of the 90s, but I was leaning towards the 80s. I thought I put it to the ASR brains trust to chime in on what the general consensus might be.

It is perfectly well understood that there were eons of great movie making outside the 80s or 90s, but the focus here is really on 80s vs. 90s.

This thread is for displaying your supporting evidence that the 90s where a more iconic decade for movie making than the 80s. There is a complementary thread about showing your support for 80s movies.

I’ll start with one of my favourites from the 90s – Luc Besson’s The Fifth Element

Last edited:

Tassin

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
1678026762514.jpeg

Top Bottom