• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 175 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

ampguy

You mean like this?
View attachment 363531

View attachment 363532

No, not really a good approach. You should be looking these things up!

No idea what you mean. You know you can look this up don't you?
Thanks, I'll put these speakers on my Black Friday watch list. btw, my PA5 OG is doing great, you know, the little amp you said was for sure going to die soon for everyone like 2 years ago?

MAB

Major Contributor
Thanks, I'll put these speakers on my Black Friday watch list. btw, my PA5 OG is doing great, you know, the little amp you said was for sure going to die soon for everyone like 2 years ago?
Not two years ago.
And you misrepresent what I said.
All things you should look up...

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Let’s try to stay on topic please. Take this Amp conversation to a separate thread.

Thank you for your assistance and understanding. ;)

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Your second point about badly measuring speakers measuring evenly in room can indeed be true. You might just have the perfect room to compensate for all the irregularities in the response. But lets be real here, if you have a speaker that measures well in an anechoic environment (flat response and smooth directivity) it will most likely sound better in more rooms than a badly measuring speaker. I don't know if its good advise to tell people to just gamble and pray that a speaker that measured poorly on the Klippel will gets exactly the right corrections when your put them in a room.
This,

NFS and an anechoic chamber, are doing the same thing, trying to take as many variables as possible out of the equation. That lets you see what is the speaker and what is the room!

AdamG

Forum Donor
Gentleman hear me out here. Mr Eric Alexander is an active ASR Member. And as such he is entitled to not be personally insulted and belittled. You can attack his claims and data (if he got around to posting any yet). You can rip into his concepts and products. You can challenge his understanding of Audio Science principles and his grasp of what the measurements mean. But please stop making personal insults. We don’t permit this type of behavior here and it rather lowers the standard of which we all work very hard to maintain at respectfully higher levels of discourse. This is a science Forum and some of the comments would be more comfortable at a dive bar (not that I have any reservations about dive bars. I’m a Navy guy and cut my teeth in such uncountable establishments).

Let’s be professional and respectable. Even in the face of little respect or dignity being offered. It’s my job to remind us all that how you say a thing is many times more important than what you say. I hope my ASR Brothers and Sisters are picking up what I’m try to lay down here. :cool:
I am quoting myself as a reminder that we will not permit personal insults to be hurled towards anyone. This is my second general reminder about this. Going forward Warnings will be issued and posts deleted without notice.

Please keep this conversation professional and respectful. ;)

teched58

I am quoting myself as a reminder that we will not permit personal insults to be hurled towards anyone. This is my second general reminder about this. Going forward Warnings will be issued and posts deleted without notice.

Please keep this conversation professional and respectful. ;)

A) You selectively enforce this
B) Eric's behavior is at the core of this thread. How can we discuss his behavior without discussing his behavior?

AdamG

Forum Donor
A) You selectively enforce this
B) Eric's behavior is at the core of this thread. How can we discuss his behavior without discussing his behavior?
We are dealing with that the same way. We can only control what we say here. If he posts anything that violates our “Terms and Rules” linked in my signature will be dealt with in a similar manner. We can not control what he says elsewhere.

DSJR

Major Contributor
I have no truck with such people, especially now when I don't NEED to soft peddle so much, but I'm still interested in the products and still feel the subject of *this* review would balance fairly well bass to upper mids in a smaller room, close to the wall behind to aid bass level. Sure it's not as soooooper-smoooooth as a more modern speaker but I never thought that was the point with a model like this. I repeat that the Eminence 8" driver isn't a very cheap far eastern plastic-chassis plastic-cone type as I remember a UK made stand mount costing around £1200pr once used (with a seriously nasty 'squeak' near crossover) for a few years before a substantial revision..

Saturn94

Also, the predicted in room response in the spinorama is a reliable indicator of spatially averaged in-room measurements.

I’ve wondered, what kind of room does Kipple use in it’s PIR modeling? Is there some kind of average room model it uses?

Thanks.

(my apologies for straying off topic)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The correct listening axis for this loudspeaker is directly on-axis [an entirely different angle] with the 8” woofer.
An owner was kind enough to share the manual for this speaker with me. This is what it says:

1713035703324.png

As I have highlighted, it clearly states the tweeter is the listening axis, not the woofer as you say. That is how I measured and listened to the speaker. So even if you are being truthful with your assertion than woofer is the reference axis, the manual instructs everyone to use the tweeter.

You caused me to go and do further processing of the data to create the woofer reference for no good reason. This is why I don't jump when manufacturers claim this and that until they show me evidence that backs their position. At no point did you link to any documentation backing your position that woofer was the reference axis. The woofer rarely is.

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’ve wondered, what kind of room does Kipple use in it’s PIR modeling? Is there some kind of average room model it uses?

Thanks.

(my apologies for straying off topic)

Well, it's a little complicated. The PIR is 12% Listening Window, 44% Early Reflections, 44% Sound Power. The listening window and sound power are pretty much independent things. But the angles used to calculate the early reflections are based on a Harman study published by Allan Devantier in 2002.

It measured the typical reflective angles of LCR speakers in 15 rooms with a wide variety of shapes and speaker placements. Despite different layouts, listening distances, room shapes, etc, the relevant reflections were fairly tightly clustered around a few angles.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Zu - it was Steve Guttenberg's favorite speaker company of the week once.
The Zu's I heard were distinctly 'odd' to put it politely and not especially pleasant to enjoy the music reproduced (this before i saw measurements of their speakers).
I had Zu Omen Dirty Weekend speakers, after a long period away from hifi, and before discovering ASR. Didn't know how bad they were (I knew they weren't great) until I replaced them with KEF LS50 Wireless Ii plus 2 subs. Ahhhhh. That's better!

I'm quoting the article.

Seeking a new adventure, Alexander sold his car audio business and, through a mutual friend, Zu Audio's Sean Casey, met audiophile heavyweight Ray Kimber. Alexander invited Kimber over to his studio for a listen to one of his new speaker designs, a design, that as Alexander tells it, "floored Ray Kimber." It wasn't long before Alexander, Casey and Kimber went into business together, forming DiAural, named after the trio's new crossover design.
Read the bold,there's no coincidences in this life.

Bryguy

An owner was kind enough to share the manual for this speaker with me. This is what it says:

View attachment 363576

As I have highlighted, it clearly states the tweeter is the listening axis, not the woofer as you say. That is how I measured and listened to the speaker. So even if you are being truthful with your assertion than woofer is the reference axis, the manual instructs everyone to use the tweeter.

You caused me to go and do further processing of the data to create the woofer reference for no good reason. This is why I don't jump when manufacturers claim this and that until they show me evidence that backs their position. At no point did you link to any documentation backing your position that woofer was the reference axis. The woofer rarely is.
Mind blown... I take back my previous comments. WOW

Inertiaman

Forum Donor
Mind blown... I take back my previous comments. WOW
Welcome to the tribe.

There are many examples of folks with some empathetic or contrarian leanings arriving to this thread, and initiating some counter-perspective or *mild* defense of Tekton and Eric A. But eventually, as they are exposed to the totality of Eric's statements and behaviors, these well-meaning folks nearly all arrive at the same place most all of us have . . . typically, mouth agape, WTF??

:)

Top Bottom