• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

AaronJ

None of this matters. We can ridicule Eric’s behavior all we want but the truth is he can neither control himself nor will he change. He needs therapy, not intervention from ASR or YouTube comments section. Destroying his own company and reputation actually won’t solve anything because he will move on to something else.

I’ve had my fun contributing to egg him on but it’s run its course and I’m finished with the matter. It’s sad in the end. This is what happens when a narcissist goes up against people with both integrity and the means and intellect to defend themselves.

doug s.

The company owner keeps repeating the same nonsense, and the response of outrage keeps increasing. Any chance this is strategic to build up a case of provable damage to the company reputation? Or am I giving way to much seemingly undeserved credit for complex thought?

Supersonic flow, nice! Are these converging-Diverging 1/4-20s to accelerate past mach1?
the only thing provable is that all the damage has been caused by eric. can you sue someone else for self-inflicted damage?

doug s.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
The problem that i see if more companys enjoy going this way the higher the stress level on indepentent measuring based objective reviewers.
For that alone i would never get a tekton speaker, not even for free.

AaronJ

The company owner keeps repeating the same nonsense, and the response of outrage keeps increasing. Any chance this is strategic to build up a case of provable damage to the company reputation? Or am I giving way to much seemingly undeserved credit for complex thought?

Supersonic flow, nice! Are these converging-Diverging 1/4-20s to accelerate past mach1?
It’s only strategic in his own world view, which is whatever suits himself at the given moment. Incapable of thinking more than one step ahead.

AaronJ

The problem that i see if more companys enjoy going this way the higher the stress level on indepentent measuring based objective reviewers.
For that alone i would never get a tekton speaker, not even for free.
I agree. People who behave like Eric should not be let off the hook. But I have absolutely no expectation that he’s going to change. We all know that this is going to end. Eric is never going to produce measurements in spite of all he has said the past few days, he will forever play the victim and claim that Amir and Erin have intentionally wronged him, and he will do whatever he can to go about his business be it in the audio industry or some other venture.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I agree. People who behave like Eric should not be let off the hook. But I have absolutely no expectation that he’s going to change. We all know that this is going to end. Eric is never going to produce measurements in spite of all he has said the past few days, he will forever play the victim and claim that Amir and Erin have intentionally wronged him, and he will do whatever he can to go about his business be it in the audio industry or some other venture.

Thats maybe right but i can say never tekton. There is that saying in germany. Other mothers have also nice doughters. (And even maybe much more nice ;) )

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
The stress here is entirely self-induced. Why the bloviation was taken seriously still eludes me. This is a lot of noise about nothing, IMO.

Boilers

Only after Amir / Erin pay their lawyers to wade through his never-ending tidal waves of BS - Eric will undoubtedly file all sorts of nonsense with the court, which they have to then pay their lawyers to patiently refute until the judge finally decides the case in their favor. Only then can they start working at getting their money back from Eric, which is another whole swamp of BS they have to trek across.

At the end of this endless, expensive slog through BS, they end up back where they started, if they are lucky.

This is why people are so mad that he would even threaten to sue them. This kind of suit is not like some quick yes or no proposition, done in an afternoon. It's slow, expensive and super-annoying for everyone.
So… the lawyers are the real winners here?

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
He sure does. I screenshot the page for memory...

Exactly what I would expect from someone like him.

Imo, he has acted obnoxiously & arrogantly, all the while making "the earth is flat" level science claims. Figuratively speaking he has been smacked around because of this. Thus, it's not surprising at all that he would scamper away to his website and/or YT channel. Inside his echo chambers, he can 100% control the narrative and post whatever crap he wants.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am starting to wonder if Eric has even measured his own speakers.
Since the measurements of some rather complex Tekton loudspeakers are better than I would expect for someone making the poor technical statements that Eric did I start wondering if he has some employee or partner to do the engineering and tuning for him?

tomtoo

Major Contributor
The stress here is entirely self-induced. Why the bloviation was taken seriously still eludes me. This is a lot of noise about nothing, IMO.

Maybe other people see the situation different like you. I have no opinion couse i dont know US law.

doug s.

All this fuss over one of Tektons cheapest models and a two way at that. While not condoning or agreeing with anyone's behavior I do think this is all a bit much. All these threads are starting to feel like a pile on. People here seem more upset over this than I was when I was actually sued by a patient once (they lost BTW) ;) .

I have a few Tekton models and another pair I purchased for a friend. They are to my ears very nice speakers. I have the older version Dynamite with 4 tweeters, an Electron SE with central Be tweeter and I purchased for my friend a perfect set 2-10. Everyone who as listened to them has said complementary things. I also own KEF meta speakers, Paradigm Persona and used to own ML electrostats. Of them all the Electrons are my favorite. I don't measure speakers or have any expertise on speaker design for what its worth - and I dont at all doubt those who have taken measurements of some Tekton models. I hope the manufacturer does indeed post measurements as he has promised and a productive dialogue can continue.
as mentioned before, i heard tekton double impacts and thought they were great, especially at the asking price. so much so that i've always kept an eye out for used tektons. (i rarely purchase anything new.)

but, while some folks may over-react and trash tektons for their performance, what's really at issue is the fact that eric is a(n) [insert fave word to get you banned here]. for me, i don't care how good something is - if the corporation is nasty, i'm not interested in the product. which is why i won't shop tesla, walmart, apple, starbucks, amazon, goya, barilla, chick fil-a, home despot, h-d, etc. (yes, i realize that i will end up a hermit living in a cave if i take this to its extreme, but i do what i can.)

now i can add tekton to that list of product i'm no longer interested in, new or used. and eric has only eric to thank for this. i have no issue w/the product, based on reviews of the product or my personal experience w/it; only the mfr's reactions to the reviews and his threats directed towards reviewers.

this and only this are what the overwhelming majority of folks watching and replying to this thread are feeling.

doug s.

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't understand why anyone assigned meaning, coherency and agency to his communications at all. I mean I do understand and I'm not criticising anyone caught up in this (to the contrary, they have my sympathy) but I recommend not doing those things, based on my own experience.
When he posted his response videos he communicated these things. Body language was the part that was missing from his emails and is essential to reading intent in emotional communication. In this case it comes through loud and clear that he meant everything he said in the emails and his body language confirmed, at least for me, that this person was complicit and had intent at that time, if not all along.

I would not trust him at all and will never buy a speaker from him, although sadly his mid-to-upper level speakers might actually sound good and he really didn't need to ever do any of this. Reviews and measurements Like Amir's and Erin's are what has been missing for decades in the audio world and to have someone aggressively fight against this progress is sickening and incredibly aggravating. Yes, there's more to be done to improve the field of measurements, but his actions only hurt progress.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

That was now the final act

8mjzjx.jpg

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
can you sue someone else for self-inflicted damage?
Unfortunately, in the US, you can. You can sue anyone for anything. I can sue you because my cheerios are soggy today.

You won't win, but you can sue and cause all sorts of trouble for the other parties. Hence the whole drama here.

If it was just "Oh, this guy is threatening Erin / Amir - does he have a case?"

"Certainly not."

"Oh good, he can't sue, then. Moving on..."

This would have been a much shorter thread.

Top Bottom