• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 175 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

dday84

Holy crap. He tried to pass off the raw driver data as his own measurement? This just keeps getting better.

It does keep getting better (...or worse I guess for Tekton..). I keep telling myself to stop reading this thread, but I have never seen anything like this in over 20 years of reading audio-related forums on the internet. I just find it so bizzare and bewildering that I have to see how this saga ends....if it ever does!

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
He must because of the comment about "showroom sound" which that graph clearly shows with elevated treble.
And because the driver measurement almost hits his 94db sensitive claim for the speaker, but the speaker is about 88db.

diddley

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Review updated with new reference point that is 6.5 inches above tweeter per company:

index.php
The next time he (Eric) asks for a remeasurement you should ask him money for doing his work.

olieb

I just find it so bizzare and bewildering that I have to see how this saga ends....if it ever does!
If you look at the trajectory the whole thing is taking, it can hardly end well.
The weird letter to Amir with the foggy woofer response clearly crosses the line into crazy-land.
But there seems not much one can do about it.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
think it's fair to say any form of litigation, even arbitration, from Eric towards either Amir or Erin would result in major losses for his company.
Only after Amir / Erin pay their lawyers to wade through his never-ending tidal waves of BS - Eric will undoubtedly file all sorts of nonsense with the court, which they have to then pay their lawyers to patiently refute until the judge finally decides the case in their favor. Only then can they start working at getting their money back from Eric, which is another whole swamp of BS they have to trek across.

At the end of this endless, expensive slog through BS, they end up back where they started, if they are lucky.

This is why people are so mad that he would even threaten to sue them. This kind of suit is not like some quick yes or no proposition, done in an afternoon. It's slow, expensive and super-annoying for everyone.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll just say it: I absolutely support ASR, but I am unfollowing this topic as well as the one about the legal fund for reviewers. I have contributed my opinion and vouched my support. But I think both topics have monopolized the ASR discussion, which is (a) repetitive and (b) the community's Tekton hostility may not be the best message to put out there given the situation. I *know* we mean well in showing our unilateral support to independent testing, but I don't think it's in our best interest to perpetuate and further polarize.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll just say it: I absolutely support ASR, but I am unfollowing this topic as well as the one about the legal fund for reviewers. I have contributed my opinion and vouched my support. But I think both topics have monopolized the ASR discussion, which is (a) repetitive and (b) the community's Tekton hostility may not be the best message to put out there given the situation. I *know* we mean well in showing our unilateral support to independent testing, but I don't think it's in our best interest to perpetuate and further polarize.
I must say I agree. Full stop! :D

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
That is absolutely not a measurement of any finished speaker, let alone the M-Lore
(In case someone else hasn't said this) It can't possibly be his speaker because there's no double impedance peak indicating a ported system. The graph is a lie.

diddley

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Only after Amir / Erin pay their lawyers to wade through his never-ending tidal waves of BS - Eric will undoubtedly file all sorts of nonsense with the court, which they have to then pay their lawyers to patiently refute until the judge finally decides the case in their favor. Only then can they start working at getting their money back from Eric, which is another whole swamp of BS they have to trek across.

At the end of this endless, expensive slog through BS, they end up back where they started, if they are lucky.

This is why people are so mad that he would even threaten to sue them. This kind of suit is not like some quick yes or no proposition, done in an afternoon. It's slow, expensive and super-annoying for everyone.
There will be no lawsuit, Eric hasn't got the money for it.
It's just bullying for the fact that he hasn't sold a single Lore since the first review from Amir got published.
He just uses tactics to scare people away.
But if you look in the reviewers world and the reaction he is getting, I think it's over for Tekton.
He will never recover from this trainwreck.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
You all are welcome to move on. Unfortunately, I still have to deal with him as keeps sending me emails. Posts videos about me, etc. Members here have been very helpful in analyzing the situation and bringing other points of view. That is very useful to me. Until such time that there is a proper conclusion to this, I have no choice but to continue to spend time on it.

Snickers-is

(In case someone else hasn't said this) It can't possibly be his speaker because there's no double impedance peak indicating a ported system. The graph is a lie.

It is the graph just for the Eminence woofer published by Eminence.

Snickers-is

You all are welcome to move on. Unfortunately, I still have to deal with him as keeps sending me emails. Posts videos about me, etc. Members here have been very helpful in analyzing the situation and bringing other points of view. That is very useful to me. Until such time that there is a proper conclusion to this, I have no choice but to continue to spend time on it.
Maybe nothing will happen if you just ignore him.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Until such time that there is a proper conclusion to this, I have no choice but to continue to spend time on it.
Why? Just ignore until actual data shows up.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just because I bow out of this topic does not mean I do not support! I am one of the people in the threads that voted fairly considering the price of the speaker and said (earlier) some complimentary stuff about Tekton. If it comes to a court case, my contributions to the topic prove we think independently and ASR is in no way a cult, but a place that supports independent thinking with far more transparency that results in a balanced and better educated outcome.

Many of us remain confused about the odd fact Tekton chose to go to war over an old design that does not seem to reflect their current design differentiation at the more premium level. I would just have laughed it off, saying "At the time, we needed an entry level speaker introducing some of our value propositions -which by the way do not include perfect name-the-standard measurements- at an introductory price". Or even just "Thanks for your review - the measurements show it falls squarely within the spectrum of other speakers offered at this level, but we have repeatedly received praise from customers that then decided to move up to our more premium speakers. This speaker opened the intended Tekton brand sound to them."

Last edited:

mtmpenn

Forum Donor
Despite the arguments about design axis and foot holes, it is clear that this speaker is not going to be the platonic ideal loudspeaker per Harman/Toole/Olive.

Sad thing is, that I have no problem with that.

Variety is the spice of life. How boring would this hobby be if there was only 1 “optimal” loudspeaker in existence? It is a subjective hobby. Plenty of people enjoy loudspeakers that deviate from the Harman ideals.

Tekton owner’s conduct is a problem. Additionally the non-flush mount woofers with exposed gasket and through holes in the cabinet where the feet go seem quite sloppy for a commercial product.

Looking at products from Ascend or Philharmonic Audio or Siberg Audio it is clear that small manufacturers can produce much more polished products (even excluding the frequency response which could be a design decision). Additionally, these companies have leaders that consistently conduct themselves in a manner that is thoughtful and considerate.

Maybe we need a thread dedicated to outstanding experiences with manufacturers to balance out the negativity?!?

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
There is an interesting parallel here with Ascend Acoustics. They had some older, very popular, speakers tested and the subsequent measurements published. They took the criticisms from that and said "we will make it better". And they did, and now their improved V2 measurements were recently released by Amir and look at them, just fantastic. No threats to litigate, no insults being thrown to reviewers and consumers. There is a right way and a wrong way to handle criticism from the community that you intend to sell a product too.

I read these two posts in conjunction with one another. Quite telling and I'm truly sorry you're having to devote so much time and energy to this. Heck, sitting in your back yard watching the grass grow would be better than this. Another case of no good deed goes unpunished.

Dave Bullet

Does anyone know what Tweeter the Tekton M Lore uses?

I'd like to publish a design addressing said issues, assuming Tekton uses pretty much factory drivers.

PS: I can already see with a factory Eminence Alpha-8A woofer, we are looking at a realistic ~90dB after baffle step compensation. Having some raw off axis curves for the Alpha-8a would be helpful too.

Edit: if anyone has an existing M Lore crossover schematic - I'd use that to validate I can replicate the measured response.

Top Bottom