• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 280 58.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know how much of the situation/my responses to him he had shared with his attorney. But you are correct:

"My lawyers advice days back was to "be kind to you and teach you a few things". Based upon our email dialog (evidence) I'm of the opinion I'm unable to teach you anything because I clearly see that you believe you know it all already and Dr. Floyd Toole is only guy you'd ever listen to."

I told him to go ahead and teach me:

"I am happy to learn what you have to say Eric. You need to share the information before I can say what my reaction would be. As a minimum, and as I have promised, I will post your response so membership can beat me up if I am wrong. :) "

But he refused:

"Here's what I am discerning... you believe you are incapable of making a mistake and you take no responsibility for actions that have harmed others. Based upon your emailed responses to me I am of the opinion there's little I can teach you outside of a court of law; I think you have some important life lessons to learn; mainly, actions have consequences."
At least he doesn't pretend to be anything he is not. That's good news @amirm. Now for Erin to get matters ironed out and move along in life as usual. :D

Induna

It is very sad that Mr. Alexander's behavior remains consistent with someone who is suffering from some pretty significant psychological issues. His grandiose rhetoric, exaggerated sense of his own importance, lack of concern for his contradictory stances (I have no doubt he would deny he has EVER contradicted ANYTHING he said, or made ANY substantial mistake.) and pretty obvious obsession with micro-managing how others perceive him all point to someone who really cares only for himself and his image. No wonder his "attack" was shocking to Erin.

This is way beyond any technical or professional disagreement. We are witnessing someone who is pretty obviously unhinged and maybe it's best if we accept that rationality or even kindness will likely have no effect on him and just leave this thread open "for legal purposes" without interacting with him or his nonsense.

I despise having to resort to personal observations like this on an enjoyable forum focused on civilized conversation, mostly, but Mr. Alexander's behavior cannot be accounted for or explained in any other way.

All of the above is my personal opinion, of course, about Mr. Alexander's comportment and attitudes and should not be construed as an observation about his business or products. Plus I live in Costa Rica, so good luck with the legal system here. Instead of Justice, Saint Kafka stands atop the courthouse.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
I don't know how much of the situation/my responses to him he had shared with his attorney. But you are correct:

"My lawyers advice days back was to "be kind to you and teach you a few things". Based upon our email dialog (evidence) I'm of the opinion I'm unable to teach you anything because I clearly see that you believe you know it all already and Dr. Floyd Toole is only guy you'd ever listen to."

"I am happy to learn what you have to say Eric. You need to share the information before I can say what my reaction would be. As a minimum, and as I have promised, I will post your response so membership can beat me up if I am wrong. :) "

But he refused:

"Here's what I am discerning... you believe you are incapable of making a mistake and you take no responsibility for actions that have harmed others. Based upon your emailed responses to me I am of the opinion there's little I can teach you outside of a court of law; I think you have some important life lessons to learn; mainly, actions have consequences."
Sounds like he’s waived attorney client privilege. Your lawyer will know how to have fun with that.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

But he refused:

@amirm, you are gangster. Your email response was epic gangster to the nth order. You have backbones made of diamond coated titanium that's even more uberanium than the most exotic speaker tweeters ever made.

While I enjoy watching this drama unfold and all I can do was talk sh|t on the side line and cheer you on like a screaming school boy, but damn, I felt like I was in the fight with you and Erin.

This epic showdown will go down in the annals of audio history.

If ANYONE didn't have respect for you and what you stand for, I think they have their answers today.

Ladies and Gents, Boys and Girls and citizens of science and engineering, let's hope we can close this chapter here tonight as the enemy of science, data and reason has retreated in humiliation. Let the sun of vibrant science shine its light across all the realms of audio.

Bravo, bravo, bravo.

Katzz

But he refused:

Im probably a idiot for saying this but I wish you told him to take you to court, Its funny to imagine Mr. Alexander giving his argurments in the court if we consider his previous actions and comments
Edit: I did not read your repply to him in page 37 before posting this

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Toole and Olive have documented a scientific way to design speakers and what to look for in the measurements. The Klipple NFS provides an automated method of measurement which while not cheap at $100k is far less expensive than an anechoic chamber. This combination is a threat to anyone who designed speakers by the seat of their pants and built their reputation by schmoozing an audiophile publication. It's a new era in speaker design and reviewing.

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
But he refused:

apparently he hasn't read the KH 80 review thread!

As an aside the "actions have consequences" line seems like something he's never learned.

Last edited:

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Gee, I'd like to see a test of some old headed-to-the-dump speaker with and without four quarter inch holes drilled into it someplace.

As a former DIYer who has... err... made mistakes in the past, I can tell you it will mess with the impedance plot. You may not notice if you do not have a good simulation of how it should look. Of course, modern software tools like VCAD make this easy. This is likely the largest area of deviation.

As for FR, it depends on the driver parameters, box parameters, stuffing material and volume, and hole number and size. The most likely impact is a small deviation in a defined frequency band along with some chuffing (likely a high SPL whistle in this case). There could also be a change in IMD at some defined frequencies. Deviations here are likely very small.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Now that his bluff is called, other reviewers who were once hesitant may come forth and do a review of his speakers.

He may have actually motivated owners of his speakers to send them in for review. I know if I had a pair, I certainly would.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow - seems that Eric is incapable of handling a poor review. Looks like a fragile ego more than anything else. Perhaps if he provided a rational basis for his design choices he would appear less whiny. What a shame.

Just goes to show why the “big name” publications often simply refused to publish reviews of badly performing equipment.

Reverend Slim

"I'm not wrong, the measurements and Dr. Floyd Toole are wrong" is definitely an argument I'd like to see in court.

Bold strategy, Cotton! Let's see if it pays off for him!

Palladium

"I'm not wrong, the measurements and Dr. Floyd Toole are wrong" is definitely an argument I'd like to see in court.

Bold strategy, Cotton! Let's see if it pays off for him!

This is a PC reviewer who stood his ground at more serious claim against corporations collectively worth at least $70B combined without any legal repercussions.

I'm sure Eric is taking notes.

Gringoaudio1

Forum Donor
I'm not conflicted about anything. Amir didn't measure the speaker correctly - he came up with the wrong frequency response and impedance; he put the speaker in a false light. Again, we're producing a YouTube video that focuses on his mistakes/oversights.

Regarding linear frequency response... anyone producing a perfect linear loudspeaker and the consumers shopping for perfectly linear loudspeaker isn't seeing the big picture - quote me on this. I was manufacturing linear speakers 30 years ago - it's easy... anyone can do it. Flat frequency response is a naturally intuitive path for speaker designers and reviewers but it's it's not what a highly enlightened or well-informed acoustical physicist is going to ultimately end up with.

Eric Alexander - audio designer
Eric Alexander - box stuffer

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"Based upon your emailed responses to me I am of the opinion there's little I can teach you outside of a court of law; I think you have some important life lessons to learn; mainly, actions have consequences."
Perhaps it's my English, but where I come from, that is an illegal threat.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sincerely,
Amir Majidimehr
You forgot this:
1712643038930.gif

That is an excellent response. Well done.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
prediction: this video will never show, never exist, doesnt even exist in Mr. Alexander's fetid mind

the difference between this site and Erin is that Erin has a video and that's low hanging fruit... of course you are going to get to more people with a vid than with text and charts

and the whole idea of this is the classic google 'chilling effect'... legal threats will get you far - no one wants that respond to that, not even google

i see a further problem with Eric's approach...

We all welcome a video or any kind of response, hopefully that is scientifically based... but in what world do you put up a rebuttal video and then ask Amir or Erin to take down their initial review BEFORE your video arrives?

how are we supposed to refer back to the original complaint???

its obviously very very tilted if Eric can put up his video showing the faults of the initial review but without the initial review existing any more? and then the rebuttal has no use if the original does not exist??? what the hell are you rebutting any more?

what kind of lugenpresse is this? perhaps just a ruse to get rid of any online material you deem unsuitable?

i thought this was america?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
the difference between this site and Erin is that Erin has a video and that's low hanging fruit
That can be remedied easily ;), I’m already excited about the thumbnail :cool:

prediction: this video will never show, never exist, doesnt even exist in Mr. Alexander's fetid mind
The first bit I would probably agree with. The last bit though. I’m sure the video already exists in his mind in every conceivable detail.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i seriously reckon that a some guys here would kick in a few dollars into a gofundme for Eric to produce his video

heaps of people would really be interested to see what he comes up with

say make it 10 mins at least so he can monetise - i cannot imagine what kind of crank 'science' we're getting into here... like Uncle Paul would be embarrassed

also think of the rebuttal potential on this magnum opus - maybe Erin can have a go too... i mean... fairs fair... everyone can rebutt right?

Top Bottom