• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

DanielT

Major Contributor
Think how much more rewarding it would have been if Eric Alexander had fixed these Tekton M-Lore instead of talking about a lawsuit.

Tweeter with WG and suitable crossover point / filter. Then it is possible, with the right choice of drivers, to pair an 8 inch bass with a 1 inch tweeter. Some examples of that:
unnamed.pngCA21REX_DT300_1.jpg

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
I've never seen someone threaten to sue the owner of a forum... on their forum. Stay classy.
i also find it extremely funny how Amir is just giving this guy the noose to hang himself...

you dont need to antagonise him at all

you just feed the data and watch the fireworks

you dont like the data? oh ok... tell me why? <crickets>

where's your compelling data to counterpoint? <tumbleweeds>

tekton... "how about the nuclear option?"

if someone goes legal out the blue you know they aint got nothing

however as history shows there's always going to be a lawyer who will draft a letterhead for $1,000...

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There have been several instances where there's been a mismatch between a manufacturer's approach and measurements here that have resulted in thoughtful responses and improvements to the product (Ascend), refinement to Amir's test conditions and measurements (Neumann KH80), or the discovery of a defective unit (Focal Alpha 65 Evo). Needless to say, Tekton's response is the most disappointing outcome.

Last edited:

teched58

I would be worried that @Eric Alexander would threaten to sue me if I bought a Tekton speaker and subsequently said something he didn't like on a forum somewhere.

I wonder if other potential customers are now crossing Tekton off my list, the way I've just crossed them off mine.. No need to risk legal trouble. I don't even wanna get a cease & desist. Certainly not when I'm the one paying for the product.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would be worried that @Eric Alexander would threaten to sue me if I bought a Tekton speaker and subsequently said something he didn't like on a forum somewhere.

I wonder if other potential customers are now crossing Tekton off my list, the way I've just crossed them off mine.. No need to risk legal trouble. I don't even wanna get a cease & desist. Certainly not when I'm the one paying for the product.
There are customer accounts of where Eric Alexander being nasty and condescending to them when they show dissatisfaction of his speakers.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Erin's Audio Corner temporarily took their Tekton review down... I'll let you all connect the pieces.
Better let's stay here on facts than on speculation, here is Erin's statement about it in his YT channel:

All,
The designer at Tekton has raised concerns about my test methods of the Tekton Troubadour speaker. Particularly me not having the feet installed which seal the through-holes at the bottom of the speaker. The feet were not provided by the gentleman who loaned the speakers and I was unaware of these feet until Tekton informed me of this.

In order to practice due diligence in my reviews and transparency with you all, I wanted to let you all know that I am going to take my review down while I investigate Tekton’s concerns and retest this speaker with the feet installed. I will update my review as necessary.

I hope I have your understanding.
Thanks,
Erin

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think Eric will be nice for the rest of today, because Stereophile just gave a big wet kiss to his $30,000 Tekton Moab Be speakers.

See "Tekton Moab Be loudspeaker."

JA's measurements section conclusion is as usual nicely diplomatic:

The Moab Be's measured performance suggests that with care in setup it will offer a neutral sonic balance. Its low-frequency alignment is best-suited to medium-to-large rooms.

paulgyro

Well, if nothing else, I can now be fully certain of the fact that I will never purchase or recommend a Tekton product to anyone, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the measurements of this speaker.
Here here! I'm at the same place too. My money will never go towards anything with the Tekton name on it nor anything Eric has touched. And I will tell everyone I can the same.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Erin's Audio Corner temporarily took their Tekton review down... I'll let you all connect the pieces.
Yeah there was some nonsense they sent him about the feet being off that threw off the measurements. Total BS, but here we are...

Last edited:

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
JA's measurements section conclusion is as usual nicely diplomatic:

The Moab Be's measured performance suggests that with care in setup it will offer a neutral sonic balance. Its low-frequency alignment is best-suited to medium-to-large rooms.
JA is also the guy who try to splash ambiguity if cables makes a different.

So you know what? JA is just playing the reviewer game.

Top Bottom