• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer recommendation with (built in) room correction, for $500 euros or less

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@gasolin75 what do you own, what's the complete budget, what do you want to achieve (including frequency range and SPL) and how big is the room? Future more in what country are you and what sources you are planning to use?
He seems to be in Denmark hence good pricing on Argon subs ( Hifi Klubben’s own store brand )

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@gasolin75 what do you own, what's the complete budget, what do you want to achieve (including frequency range and SPL) and how big is the room? Future more in what country are you and what sources you are planning to use?

The mentioned amp in #13 dynaudio emit m10, room is medium sized but im only use the short size of the room, about 3 meter wide and just a litte more than 4.5 meter long, total size is bigger, i don't use the hole room for my pc but playing loud i sort of use it.

source pc,net radio,tidal, cdplayer,turntable

Want a little deeper,thighter bass than my dynaudio, hz and spl i don't care so much about, 60-40hz or 40-60hz, as you can se the bass is okay down to 60hz and even a little lower, above 100db, than i also have a little extra spl so i can play as loud as i need,like,want to listen to,relative to how loud my dynaudios are, without using all of the the power. Denmark

I have something for sale i can't expect to sell now, budget depending on what i sell,if sell something, if i take a loan, tax money back 400-450 euros, if i sell everything, twitce the amoung but than i have to buy new speaker, no subwoofer, that is not gonna happen, it depends on someone wants to buy what i have for sale.

Unless there is a time limited sale with good discounts, new it's not gone in a month, used it can easily be

Last edited:
OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Yes this has more opportunity to adjust the sub it even has YPOA room correction :)
But it will strain your budget to also change amp ? Have you already bought the n600 amp and you Dynaudio speakers ?

I’m not an expert on this so can’t really suggest subwoofer brands .

Our member @sweetchaos has a list .

Prices vary locally here in Sweden the difference between the mission sub and the kef kube is not much for example.
SVS subs would be very budget friendly for someone in North America .

Have you considered the used market.
The list you compiled is that what you can get at a good price near you.

My experience is that dedicated subwoofer manufacturers products cost less for thier performance than a normal speaker brands subwoofer products

Here is one sub rsl speedwoofer considered good value in the US

I have as mentioned the amp and speakers, im not at all gonna change amp, YPOA does not do enough to justify selling my amp and trying to get a Yamaha R-N800A

i have looked at used

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@gasolin75 well fun is fun and done is done. In that configuration with length of 3 m fundamental first room peak will be at 57 Hz. If you turn things around (if such is possible at all) it would go down to 38 Hz and when controled become beneficial (actually extending bass). I don't know if you at all can keep those Emit 10's it depends of in room response. They are bright, it's first order crossover (6 dB per octave) and of horizontal axes tuning also won't work. In short not possible to correct that part with them and mids are typically recessed and surprise is that the port tuning is done correctly but would still benefit from high pass (as limiter @ 50 Hz). As much as I like Yamahas (which is very) I strongly dislike that one. Can't really say you more without in room measurements and for that you need measurement microphone.

If it's a desktop Windows PC, turnable has it's own amplifier and you don't mind using PC as central point and DSP you can have that for about 250~300 € (UMIK-1, deacent sound card as AE-5 or Z SE and JRiver).

It really depends up on you but it won't be a free ride and lots of hard work.

Other way around if you searched for R-N803 and went with it it would have both filters for speakers and YPAO for about the same price. Not exactly easy to find this day's and better than R-N800A. That would be easier ride anyway.

Again regarding Emit 10's it will all depend on what in room response you are getting. You can tame it by paper/cloth cover over tweater or rock wool panel behind but not very aesthetic.

Start is turning it around to 4.5 m length and getting measurement microphone.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

I don't wanna buy a dsp,mic combo, how am i gonna use it unless it's between a sub and my amp and for what money am i gonna buy a subwoofer if i have to buy a dsp,mic combo for 250~300 € ?

There is subs that has it all but they costs almost twice as much as wanna pay ELAC SUB3010

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

First i found the elac sub for 5000 of my currency than 4400, more reasonable, than 4084 right now

MiniMe-FF8-V2 with DSP also can be adjusted thru an app

What subs has dsp, adjustments thru an app ?

Last edited:

3125b

Major Contributor
Cheapest I could find it at 339€, they offer international shipping on an individual basis. EVen with expensive shipping that's still gonna be much less.
The SUB 3010 seem like a decent option, check if you can actually use the app with your phone though, not sure if it's still being developed.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Cheapest I could find it at 339€, they offer international shipping on an individual basis. EVen with expensive shipping that's still gonna be much less.
The SUB 3010 seem like a decent option, check if you can actually use the app with your phone though, not sure if it's still being developed.

That's not bad, now we are getting somewhere with a subwoofer with built in dsp, + measurement thru the phone at a low price, i don't need to buy anything extra

I think i need dsp,the ability to measure the room,sub so it can get most out of my room,preferences.

Last edited:
OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

I have come to that conclusion that i wanna try to find a subwoofer with room correction software

I just searched on ASR for it and didn't find anything

Elac,svs and paradigm has subs with room correction software, yes i can just google it but maby some know subwoofers google won't show me

It has to be possible to get it form a danish or european store, something from uk and usa is not possible without paying extra (not just because delivery is more expensive but taxes and what ever is extra from outside of europe)

400-500 euros mabye more, so plase don't recommend me something in the 1000 euros,pound,dollars range or somthing with almost 1000 watt peak, i don't need that

Last edited:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I have come to that conclusion that i wanna try to find a subwoofer with room correction software

Elac,svs and paradigm has subs with room correction software, yes i can just google it but maby some know subwoofers google won't show me

It has to be possible to get it form a danish or european store, something from uk and usa is not possible without paying extra (not just because delivery is more expensive but taxes and what ever is extra from outside of europe)

400-500 euros mabye more, so plase don't recommend me something in the 1000 euros,pound,dollars range or somthing with almost 1000 watt peak, i don't need that
This new thread you opened today has been merged with the exact same thread that you opened Tuesday. Please do not create duplicate threads for the same subject.

The thread title has been updated to reflect your new request.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Reactions: ENG
OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

See my ‘subwoofer comparison’ spreadsheet.

I want to look for subwoofers with room correction software (dsp) built in, you don't have a list of that and theres no link to reviews (in case i wanna read a review)

I made the new thread (which is deleted) to only get information about subwoofers with built in room correction software (dsp) to get suggestion for those (and me) who don't have an amp or preamp or receiver with room correction software (dsp), to get most out of a subwoofer.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I made the new thread (which is deleted)
Your two threads were merged and we updated the title to reflect your new ask. If it needs further revision please make a suggestion and we can revise it again to accurately reflect what you are asking for help with. It’s no problem to do that. ;)

Norcal

It also might help if the OP occasionally thanked the many members spending their precious time trying to help in this thread. I know that this is the internet, and common courtesy is frequently not observed, but in the real world, if people who ask questions don't seem grateful for the help, people will eventually quit trying to help them...

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Elac is a German company. Check their EU B-stock (slightly blemished) Subs for a deal.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Your two threads were merged and we updated the title to reflect your new ask. If it needs further revision please make a suggestion and we can revise it again to accurately reflect what you are asking for help with. It’s no problem to do that. ;)

Don't need to to get my thread updated

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Elac is a German company. Check their EU B-stock (slightly blemished) Subs for a deal.

Im not shure i would buy elac after reading comments on amazon BUT they are the first reasonable priced subwoofer with room correction i have seen

just under 600 euros is not bad if it's a usefull software,dsp (atleast you can sit in the listening position and adjust it, not having to go back to the sub to do subtle adjustments and back for listening)

Last edited:
OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

I once found list of spl of subs but don't seem to be able to find it, does any have the link ?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I once found list of spl of subs but don't seem to be able to find it, does any have the link ?
And don't expect my help ever again.

Top Bottom